Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Divergence and new titles to follow Convergence in June

2»

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited February 2015

For me, saying a series is my all-time favorite Ennis work is like saying getting poked in the eye is my all-time favorite Three Stooges manuever I'd want to have done to me.

No, wait, I did like “Dangerous Habits,” which would be more like a shaving cream pie to the face than a poke to the eye.

Well... I knew you had to finally be wrong about SOMETHING ;)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    WetRats said:

Corwin said:

Wow Cullen Bunn is writing 4 books...two of which are Lantern books! YAY! (He better not be leaving Magneto...)

I don't think Magneto is continuing post-Secret Wars.
    Crap... I thought he spoke about year two of his run... I may have to re-read his recent interviews.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Corwin said:

WetRats said:

Corwin said:

Wow Cullen Bunn is writing 4 books...two of which are Lantern books! YAY! (He better not be leaving Magneto...)

I don't think Magneto is continuing post-Secret Wars.
    Crap... I thought he spoke about year two of his run... I may have to re-read his recent interviews.
    I hope it does continue. It's been great so far.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

Dr. Fate, Starfire, Black Canary, Green Lantern, Bat Mite & Bizarro. Have my vote. Whatever this "Dark Universe" thing is has me curious.

Dark Universe will have to be something genuinely amazing to get me past the Ming Doyle art. Her stint on Quantum & Woody killed the last dregs of enjoyment I had in that series.
  • Options
    shanebshaneb Posts: 109
    Would anyone be into explaining a little more on what Convergence is all about? All series are going on hold? Do you have to have read Futures End and Earth 2? Why are so many series starting at once? Does this change New 52 continuity?
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    shaneb said:

Would anyone be into explaining a little more on what Convergence is all about? All series are going on hold? Do you have to have read Futures End and Earth 2? Why are so many series starting at once? Does this change New 52 continuity?

Not a huge amount of info so far. It appears to be coming out of events from Futures End. Samples of multiple realities fighting to their existence. It appears, from Divergence, that there will be a new set of publishing rules after that will be less continuity laden.
  • Options
    JaceTheComicSourceJaceTheComicSource Posts: 140
    edited February 2015
    shaneb said:

When the new 52 Action Comics series started with Grant Morrison writing he introduced this alien entity/intelligence that was collecting species and/or parts of planets, cities and such then preserving them. Turns out it was the New 52 version of Brainiac. The intention from DC is to have this new Brainiac be much more of a galactic entity a la Marvel's Galactus. So apparently this new Brainiac has 'collected' lots of heroes and villains from various DC timelines/worlds/universes and has them captive under domes living in whatever cities they were captured in. (Think Kandor, but not a bottle, they were very specific that they were 'domes' not bottles.) Anyway something is going to happen at the end of The New 52 Future's End that will have characters from different timelines/realities fighting against each other.

All the regular books are going on hiatus minus the 19 that have been canceled. Also the three weeklies are ending. Coming out of Convergence there are 24 new series starting in June to replace those books that ended. I did a run down on these new titles on my vlog, I'll put the link at the bottom. There are lots of reasons for the books that got canceled being chosen to be canceled just as there are various reasons why it is these 24 new books with certain creative teams. Also DC books will no longer carry the New 52 trade dress, so in a way the New 52 has ended but it's just the logo not the continuity of the current universe.

The latest episode of The Comic Source; https://youtube.com/watch?v=4oK8RLWDTWk