Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Rachel and Miles X-plain the X-Men

Im sure someone has already posted about this but I really enjoy this podcast as the break down X-Men history from the beginning. They have a great dynamic together and I think anyone with an interest in X-Men should check this podcast out. You can find them on iTunes or stitcher I believe. Hope you enjoy!

Comments

• I was never big on X-Men until I started listening to Rachel and Miles. They were cool enough, but I wasn't nearly as jazzed about them before. Their enthusiasm has been utterly infectious.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    After about ten episodes, I tapped out. I can't explain it, but Rachel just began getting on my nerves. Great production and information, but not to my tastes I guess.
  • Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368
    edited May 2015

After about ten episodes, I tapped out. I can't explain it, but Rachel just began getting on my nerves. Great production and information, but not to my tastes I guess.

I actually had the same problem. Not sure what aspect of Rachel got to you. For me, it's the fact that she always comes off as having some sort of agenda with every discussion and is a little to forceful with her opinions at times. Which is especially annoying considering she's previously worked as an editor.

I do enjoy Miles' enthusiasm, however. If it was just him doing the show solo I think I could live with that.
  • Rachel at times can get annoying but I can push past it because for me coming into comics last year its the best way to get a feel for what the x-men were like before now. I wish there were more podcasts going over the history of characters or series I enjoy those very much like when the geeks do the spotlights on characters those were always my favorite shows because I dont have a lot of background on superheroes other than what I remember from the shows/movies and games.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

I do enjoy Miles' enthusiasm, however. If it was just him doing the show solo I think I could live with that.

I completely agree with that.

I wish there were more podcasts going over the history of characters or series I enjoy those very much like when the geeks do the spotlights on characters those were always my favorite shows because I dont have a lot of background on superheroes other than what I remember from the shows/movies and games.

I enjoy the spotlight episodes for much the same reason, specifically the eras of a character I'm not as familiar with.
  • pfinneganpfinnegan Posts: 32

I actually had the same problem. Not sure what aspect of Rachel got to you. For me, it's the fact that she always comes off as having some sort of agenda with every discussion and is a little to forceful with her opinions at times. Which is especially annoying considering she's previously worked as an editor.

Completely agree. I tried a couple times, but I couldn't get past Rachel's delivery. She has a way of speaking that is very clipped with a bit of a "know-it-all" tone. I love X-Men podcasts (Uncanny X-Cast and Danger Room are 2 of my favorites) but I couldn't get into Rachel and Miles.