Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Daily "MOHOTMU"

13»

Comments

• PantsPants Posts: 567
    edited November 2014
    Flagwaver said:

Thor_El said:

I enjoy everything on the main feed as well, despite the fact that I'm still having the strange issue where my iTunes isn't updating the CGS podcast at all. I have to manually go get the new episodes from the store. But it's well worth it. :)

Are all the entries Murd has done so far going to be added to this feed?
    Eventually yes.

• I was loving these, but ever since it was made into its own feed (which I'm all for), I have not been able to get anymore of them. I tried to find a separate feed on iTunes for these, but nothing is showing up in the store. I get the main Comic Geek Speak and all of the past spin-offs showing up in iTunes, but I didn't find this listed. Is it listed under a different name or is it just not showing up on iTunes yet?
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

I was loving these, but ever since it was made into its own feed (which I'm all for), I have not been able to get anymore of them. I tried to find a separate feed on iTunes for these, but nothing is showing up in the store. I get the main Comic Geek Speak and all of the past spin-offs showing up in iTunes, but I didn't find this listed. Is it listed under a different name or is it just not showing up on iTunes yet?

This.
  • hauberk said:

I was loving these, but ever since it was made into its own feed (which I'm all for), I have not been able to get anymore of them. I tried to find a separate feed on iTunes for these, but nothing is showing up in the store. I get the main Comic Geek Speak and all of the past spin-offs showing up in iTunes, but I didn't find this listed. Is it listed under a different name or is it just not showing up on iTunes yet?

This.
    agreed - why take them off the main feed in itunes? when will they show up in the podcasts list?
  • Both CGS feeds, the all-inclusive one including MOHOTMU, and the one with just the standard CGS episodes, now show up as options for me in Android.
  • Both CGS feeds, the all-inclusive one including MOHOTMU, and the one with just the standard CGS episodes, now show up as options for me in Android.

just check itunes and it still doesnt show up
  • I still can't find this in podcast app on my phone. All the other CGS feeds seem to be there. Suggestions for search terms?
  • Get the CGS app. Best $1.99 you will spend today.
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

Get the CGS app. Best $1.99 you will spend today.

Yep, it's all about the CGS app. And you get all those great bonus clips!
  • luke52 said:

Get the CGS app. Best $1.99 you will spend today.

Yep, it's all about the CGS app. And you get all those great bonus clips!
    Sage advice, gentlemen. Done!
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    I got A $5.00 dollar credit to amazon when I upgraded my phone 2 weeks ago. I now have the CGS app and love it.

Sidenote: I went from a flip phone to a smartphone; I'm not sure I like it. I get frustarted trying to make calls, and it makes want to go all caveman on it. I'm 34this shouldn't be a problem.
    Frankensteins Mooooooonsterrrr, probably my favourite MOHOTMU so far!
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    mwhitt80 said:

I got A $5.00 dollar credit to amazon when I upgraded my phone 2 weeks ago. I now have the CGS app and love it.

Sidenote: I went from a flip phone to a smartphone; I'm not sure I like it. I get frustarted trying to make calls, and it makes want to go all caveman on it. I'm 34this shouldn't be a problem.

I recently dumped my smartphone. I liked the functionality, but using it as a phone sucked.
  • brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    We have a list of the RSS feeds on our website. Any RSS feed can be entered into iTunes manually. One does not have to search the iTunes store to find it.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Is there a way to use iTunes to go back and listen to the very early episodes?
  • brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216

Is there a way to use iTunes to go back and listen to the very early episodes?

No. Our RSS feed only features the X newest episodes. Otherwise the RSS feed is just too huge.

I ask because Chris Marshall recently went back and added all of his archive episodes to the very first one. It was fun to comb through several old episodes I'd never listened to and downloaded a few to my iPhone.

Of course, there are barely more than 400 episodes of Collected Comics Library, so it is far fewer to comb through - I understand.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    I've not listened to CCL regularly in years. How is the show?
    mwhitt80 said:

I've not listened to CCL regularly in years. How is the show?

Same basic drill. Chris puts out episodes a little less frequently, but being a collected editions buff, I still enjoy it. I'm subscribed.
    I learned The Juggernaught is not actually a mutant today. Murds Mohotmu strikes again!
  • mphilmphil Posts: 448
    I love Man Thing but don't think I knew his origin before. Loved hearing it from Murd!
  • Now of the 8/24 week entries appeared in iTunes. In fact it appears all of August is now missing. Just wanted to know if this was a known issue.
  • "THE RHINO!" Great job keeping that gem alive, Murd!
  • mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Finally got to Silver Surfer, my favorite comics character. It occurred to me, when hearing Murd tell the familiar origin story, how very believable Galactus' proposition was. Maybe it is the eloquent way Murd talks, but you do have to think that if you must consume the life energy of planets for survivor, finding suitable planets much be quite a task. Having many heralds which find them must be quite a time saver for him. A very reasonable compromise.
  • Valkyrie is posted! Murd, you made it! You've cracked issue #12! Your perseverance is an inspiration! Thanks so much for this contribution! And now the question remains...are you planning to stop with this issue or do all 15?!
  • TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    Here's a head's up for all MOHOTMU fans. I've just listened to the podcast This Week in Marvel, episode #241.5 - Remembering Mark Gruenwald with Tom Brevoort. Therein, Mr. Brevoort presents a good deal of behind-the-scenes information regarding the origins of OHOTMU, and well as his contributions along with those of Mr. Gruenwald. Interesting stuff for those of us who value OHOTMU.
    Was this post by Jim Shooter ever discussed here? It's enlightening as to the origins of OHOTMU

http://jimshooter.com/2011/10/secret-origin-of-official-handbook-of.html/