Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe/ Marvel NOW 2.0 (Might contain some spoilers)

As you may have seen today, Marvel officially announced their initiative for post-Secret Wars comics. The "All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe" will sport at least 55-60 new titles, including some relaunches of pre-existing titles. To go with this theme, I figured I'd take a shot at guessing who the writers of some of these new titles will be. You're welcome to do the same, and we can compare and contrast once the solicitations actually come out:

Brian Michael Bendis - Spider-Men (featuring Peter Parker and Miles Morales), Dr. Strange, Invincible Iron Man
Jason Aaron - Thor, Red Wolf
Nick Spencer - Ant-Man, Iron Man
Mark Waid - All-New Avengers, Captain America
Dan Slott - All-New Spider-Man, Silver Surfer
Charles Soule - Daredevil, Uncanny Inhumans
G. Willow Wilson - Ms. Marvel, A-Force
Jeff Lemire - Hawkeye, Uncanny X-Men
Aaron McGruder - Black Panther
Rick Remender - All-New Hulk, Uncanny Avengers
Dennis Hopeless - Young Avengers, Spider-Woman
Noelle Stevenson - All-New Runaways
Kelly Sue DeConnick - Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy
CM Punk - Drax (already announced)
Nicole Perlman - Gamora (already announced)
Peter David - Star-Lord, Marvel Universe 2099
Greg Rucka - All-New Wolverine
Marjorie Lui - Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch
Robbie Thompson - Silk
James Robinson - Winter Soldier
Dan Abnett - All-New Nova
Jason Latour - Spider-Gwen
Gail Simone - All-Old Deadpool (this is a stretch, but it would be AMAZING)
Skottie Young - Rocket & Groot
Sam Humphries - Cage & Fist
Chip Zdarsky - Howard the Duck
Chris Yost - S.H.I.E.L.D

Comments

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Unlike that image that the licensing department put together as a poster to sell...

Here is an image that the publishing (comic making) division of Marvel released today that is meant to preview the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe. I would call this more of a lineup for the comics to come. And, not to put too fine a point on it, but I see some FF and X-characters in this one:

• bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    So Stephen Strange carries a battle axe now?
    edited June 2015
    Here's our next teaser image with characters:

Cool, and surprising, to see Citizen V in there. I always loved that costume design. And hopefully it is actually Baron Zemo in that suit, as he was my favorite Thunderbolts character.

If the FF is broken up, then the Guardians is a fun place to put Ben Grimm.

A lot of love for characters that Hickman gave a push to in his era of Avengers. I really like what he did with Hyperion, so it is interesting that he is still around. I never thought we would see that version of Doctor Spectrum again, so that is an intriguing surprise.
    edited June 2015
    Also, and this was at the links that @i_am_scifi shared, here was the first, more Avengers-heavy teaser image from earlier today:

As others have pointed out, there were those who thought that some of the big mantle shifts, like Sam Wilson becoming Cap, and (maybe-it-isn't-spoiled-for-you-yet) becoming Thor were just temporary attention grabs, with Secret Wars coming along to reboot back to the usual status quo. But... looks like not. Or, at least, not yet.

Looks like the recent Avengers movie is giving Vision a push. Which I like, as I feel like he is a great character, and looks great in comics. I was surprised they left him off the table for as long as they did.

And Red Wolf was a fun, esoteric surprise. I don't recall if I ever read a comic he was in, but I remember thinking he looked cool in the OHOTMU.
  • Soule on Daredevil makes a lot of sense, because I think there have been rumors. But rather than Bendis doing a Doctor Strange ongoing, I think Soule will be doing Strange, too (at least, I'd like him to do it). With him doing Uncanny Inhumans and probably Daredevil, though, maybe they don't want to stretch him too thin (then again, the man is a dang machine). Maybe that axe implies Aaron, which I would be more than okay with.

I think Waid will write Iron Man if he does a solo on top of Avengers, because I'm about 90% sure the new Iron Man is Bruce Banner.

I think Marvel will -- and should -- use this chance to take Slott off Spider-Man, with Renew Your Vows his big send-off to the character. To replace him, they'll finally let Christos Gage fly solo on Spider-Man. Slott will probably stay on Silver Surfer.

Lemire doing X-Men is an interesting idea, but my money would be on Hopeless and Maguerite Bennett for X-titles if we're looking at Secret Wars as a preview of things to come. Hopeless is writing two X-Men tie-ins, after all. Though speaking of Lemire, if they let him do more than Hawkeye, I'd be totally up for him doing Doctor Strange. He's got the right amount of bizarre to do a good job.

Bendis will stay on an Old Man Logan title, maybe with a Spider-title starring Miles. I'd be okay with Miles being promoted to Miles Morales, the Spectacular Spider-Man, with Peter remaining the one and only Amazing Spider-Man.

Duggan feels like a likely choice for Guardians of the Galaxy if they move Bendis off. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. With Duggan off Hulk, maybe they'll replace him with Humphries, who's currently doing Planet Hulk.

Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars seems to imply Cullen Bunn doing Deadpool, which sounds pretty good to me.
  • WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    David_D said:

Since when did the Red Tornado move from DC to Marvel

:P
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Webhead said:

David_D said:

Since when did the Red Tornado move from DC to Marvel

:P
    David_D said:

WetRats said:

On the are they/aren't they purging FF/X-Men issue: This image is pretty They Are.

^^ So, that poster is the one that licensing probably cut together by licensing for Trends International to sell.

And here is what the actual comics-making folks at Marvel sent out today to tease the All-New, All-Different, (But-Still-Has-X-Men-And-FF-Characters-In-It) Marvel Universe:

Cool.

A Thing-free Marvel Universe would be a sad place.
  • spidspid Posts: 203
    edited June 2015
    For me the most interesting is the official announcement of seasonal approach. I like the idea of Marvel doing 12 issues runs of books. That way you could tell a good comic book story without having to decompress everything. It could open them up for experimentation without the pressure of sustaining a title for years and years. We saw a lot of that with the second wave of Marvel now.
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Well, I really like what the Thing is wearing. Is that X-23 in the Wolverine costuem? Who do we think is in the Iron Man costume? The guy with the sword looks interesting. This is pretty cool. I'm curious as to what the Thing will be a part of in this All New, All Different but sort of the same Universe.
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    So wait. Marvel is going to do 12 issue runs as sort of a season and then restart with another 12 as like a season 2? I....I really like that idea.
  • Yeah, where was this seasonal approach announced? I like the idea, and they've been moving toward that for a while without being above-board about it until after the fact (Young Avengers, She-Hulk).
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Really interested to see that preview book next month.
    jaydee74 said:

Well, I really like what the Thing is wearing. Is that X-23 in the Wolverine costuem? Who do we think is in the Iron Man costume? The guy with the sword looks interesting. This is pretty cool. I'm curious as to what the Thing will be a part of in this All New, All Different but sort of the same Universe.

The guy with the sword is Citizen V from the Thunderbolts. Who was revealed to be the son of Zemo. I think there is more to the story though. But googling Citizen V can give you more info.

So Stephen Strange carries a battle axe now?

Yeah. What's up with that? If his spell doesn't work then he'll just lop off your head!
    jaydee74 said:

In interviews, Quesada has confirmed that it is X-23 as Wolverine.
    David_D said:

Unlike that image that the licensing department put together as a poster to sell...

Here is an image that the publishing (comic making) division of Marvel released today that is meant to preview the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe. I would call this more of a lineup for the comics to come. And, not to put too fine a point on it, but I see some FF and X-characters in this one:

Wat's Earth One Superman doing there?
    WetRats said:

David_D said:

Wat's Earth One Superman doing there?
    Well... it is not like he was busy anywhere else...
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    And not just any battle axe. I bet that's the one Thor has been lugging around since he and Mjolnir called it quits.
    edited June 2015

Yeah, where was this seasonal approach announced? I like the idea, and they've been moving toward that for a while without being above-board about it until after the fact (Young Avengers, She-Hulk).

CBR's roundup of various interviews being given had this quote (I am not sure which Alonso interview it is from):
    The Marvel Universe will be shifting towards a season model reminiscent of TV: "I think that the comics industry -- certainly, we are -- slowly working into a season model that’s not too unlike what we see in our favorite cable TV shows: a seasonal model that offers accessible entry points for new readers and is respectful of long-term fans," explained Alonso. "We did Marvel NOW! and All-New Marvel NOW!, which were both two very successful campaigns. And this is the latest campaign."
    edited June 2015

And not just any battle axe. I bet that's the one Thor has been lugging around since he and Mjolnir called it quits.

i thought that at first, too, but Jarnbjorn is older looking, and single bladed.

• Anyone else think that Iron Man looks young?
    edited June 2015
    I moved some talk over from: Can Disney/Marvel Retcon Mutants Into Inhumans So Fox Can't Have Them Anymore?. I had posted the new Marvel promo image there but discussion about the new Marvel U lineup fits better here.

Anyone else think that Iron Man looks young?

That's interesting. He (he?) does look slighter. I haven't read Armor Wars from Secret Wars, so I don't know who is warring with who, but maybe someone other than Stark ends up in the suit at the end.

I also thought it is noteworthy that Iron Man is the one figure to appear on both promos so far.
    edited June 2015
    Brought some comments over: Movie News: Fantastic Four Reboot. (And Marvel vs. Fox), too.

Probably my own fault, as I put the promo image a few different places. I do think it made a point in the ongoing discussion of whether or not Marvel is excluding certain characters from the line because of inter-studio fighting.

But I figure just digging into what we see in the image that has nothing to do with that is better off here.
  • i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 781
    David_D said:

i thought that at first, too, but Jarnbjorn is older looking, and single bladed.

Is that the axe that Ares used to use?
  • HexHex Posts: 944

David_D said:

Is that the axe that Ares used to use?
    Dr. Strange is obviously holding the "Axe of Agamotto".
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    edited June 2015

The long awaited return of Teen Tony!?!?
  • Hex said:

The long awaited return of Teen Tony!?!?
    The All-New All-Different Avengers FCBD issue makes it pretty explicit the new Iron Man is a founding Avenger, with implications that it isn't Tony. Given Waid's history with Bruce Banner on Indestructible Hulk, my money is on Banner, especially given his slighter build.
  • MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited June 2015
    I am so freaking happy that I've stopped reading Marvel because if I hadn't already this would have made me. Marvel should change there name to Politically Correct Comics because that's what they are enjoy everyone.