Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe/ Marvel NOW 2.0 (Might contain some spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Mihawk said:

I am so freaking happy that I've stopped reading Marvel because if I hadn't already this would have made me. Marvel should change there name to Politically Correct Comics because that's what they are enjoy everyone.

Please keep us posted if something else makes you extra-quit them again. It is important to let us know how many times you quit a publisher you are already not reading, and why, for a proper count.

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited June 2015
    I'm done with Zenescope, for sure. I think it's the writing...
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    David_D said:

Mihawk said:

I am so freaking happy that I've stopped reading Marvel because if I hadn't already this would have made me. Marvel should change there name to Politically Correct Comics because that's what they are enjoy everyone.

Please keep us posted if something else makes you extra-quit them again. It is important to let us know how many times you quit a publisher you are already not reading, and why, for a proper count.

OK will do. I'll even message you directly?
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    edited June 2015

Hex said:

Anyone else think that Iron Man looks young?

The long awaited return of Teen Tony!?!?
    The All-New All-Different Avengers FCBD issue makes it pretty explicit the new Iron Man is a founding Avenger, with implications that it isn't Tony. Given Waid's history with Bruce Banner on Indestructible Hulk, my money is on Banner, especially given his slighter build.
    Doesn't have to be a founding Avenger, it could be the man who brought the Avengers together. He's been most other superheroes at one time or another, so surely it's time for... RICK JONES, IRON MAN.

And while we're guessing, Amadeus Cho as the new Incredible Hulk. That would be a logical progression for the character. And Greg Pak would be kinda foreshadowing in the Secret Wars Planet Hulk backups.

EDIT: Oh wait, it appears to be All-Old All-Exactly The Same Iron Man.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Brack said:

Hex said:

Anyone else think that Iron Man looks young?

The long awaited return of Teen Tony!?!?
    The All-New All-Different Avengers FCBD issue makes it pretty explicit the new Iron Man is a founding Avenger, with implications that it isn't Tony. Given Waid's history with Bruce Banner on Indestructible Hulk, my money is on Banner, especially given his slighter build.
    Doesn't have to be a founding Avenger, it could be the man who brought the Avengers together. He's been most other superheroes at one time or another, so surely it's time for... RICK JONES, IRON MAN.

And while we're guessing, Amadeus Cho as the new Incredible Hulk. That would be a logical progression for the character. And Greg Pak would be kinda foreshadowing in the Secret Wars Planet Hulk backups.

Given that there will be recent or new holders of the Cap, Thor, Hulk, and even Wolverine mantles, I don't mind that it is the same old Iron Man. It let's Stark be the elder statesman for a change.

It also explains why he is central in both promos, as it might be that Stark will have a bigger leadership role in the MU.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    edited June 2015
    David_D said:

It also explains why he is central in both promos, as it might be that Stark will have a bigger leadership role in the MU.

I'm not sure it can get any bigger a leadership role than his Avengers World project in Hickman's Avengers. If anything, the All-New All-Different Avengers appears to be him dialled back a bit. Maybe more of a figurehead role than leadership.

• Options
    Brack said:

David_D said:

I'm not sure it can get any bigger a leadership role than his Avengers World project in Hickman's Avengers. If anything, the All-New All-Different Avengers appears to be him dialled back a bit. Maybe more of a figurehead role than leadership.

That's true-- figurehead may be a better way to put it. Being the experienced one the Avengers look to, a role that Rogers usually played, even if there might be only a team of Avengers instead of a legion.
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782

So Stephen Strange carries a battle axe now?

I bet it's a magic axe
  • Options
    Vision is now the new Mr. Miracle.
    The Terrific Two.
    Is that a grunge Doom in the hoodie?
    And there are 2 Iron Men (why else would there be one in each picture?)
  • Options
    popestu said:

Vision is now the new Mr. Miracle.
    The Terrific Two.
    Is that a grunge Doom in the hoodie?
    And there are 2 Iron Men (why else would there be one in each picture?)

I think they have confirmed the guy in the hoodie with the hands is Karnak of the Inhumans.

I'd be very surprised to have two Iron Men in the same armor. Unless part of the story is that they are trying to fool the public into thinking there is only one?
  • Options
    Karnak. Good to see he's not dead. He's one of my favorite Kirby designs. Love the big head.

I was kidding about 2 Iron Men. The fact that it's the same armor in the same pose leads me to believe it's the same guy. I do like the multiple Iron Men theory. Or perhaps each Avenger group has an Iron Man?

Why doesn't Tony hook up other Avengers with armor? After how spidey was treated in civil war, I could see not wanting start tech but still...
    All the avengers sporting repulsors and jet boots could come in handy during a fight
  • Options
    popestu said:

Karnak. Good to see he's not dead. He's one of my favorite Kirby designs. Love the big head.

I was kidding about 2 Iron Men. The fact that it's the same armor in the same pose leads me to believe it's the same guy. I do like the multiple Iron Men theory. Or perhaps each Avenger group has an Iron Man?

Why doesn't Tony hook up other Avengers with armor? After how spidey was treated in civil war, I could see not wanting start tech but still...
    All the avengers sporting repulsors and jet boots could come in handy during a fight

Well- given that scene in the final Time Runs Out issue of Avengers, I could also see why Stark might want to keep it to himself, given how many times his fellow Avengers have wanted to punch him in the face.

It is one of those things you have to suspend disbelief on. It is sort of like how you would imagine every member of the team could have some Pym Particles. Or be armed by Strange with some magic trinkets.
  • Options
    David_D said:

popestu said:

Well- given that scene in the final Time Runs Out issue of Avengers, I could also see why Stark might want to keep it to himself, given how many times his fellow Avengers have wanted to punch him in the face.

It is one of those things you have to suspend disbelief on. It is sort of like how you would imagine every member of the team could have some Pym Particles. Or be armed by Strange with some magic trinkets.
    I can buy random magic items (although a few spells of protection would be fine) and they tried to explain away Pym particles during JB's West Coast Avengers...but eveyine could use a little Pym particles. Spideys cartridges. Hawkeye's arrows.

In the Marvel online games, Dead Pool makes a comment about Hawkey along the lines of you shooting like 12 arrows and calling it a day.
  • Options
    Brack said:

Crud. I was really sure it was Banner.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    David_D said:

Here's our next teaser image with characters:

Cool, and surprising, to see Citizen V in there. I always loved that costume design. And hopefully it is actually Baron Zemo in that suit, as he was my favorite Thunderbolts character.

If the FF is broken up, then the Guardians is a fun place to put Ben Grimm.

A lot of love for characters that Hickman gave a push to in his era of Avengers. I really like what he did with Hyperion, so it is interesting that he is still around. I never thought we would see that version of Doctor Spectrum again, so that is an intriguing surprise.

I doubt is going to go good. He is strictly bad....again.

I have to admit, was disappointed to see him go bad in Bucky-Cap's run again, after seeing him as a well-intentioned extremist in the Civil War-era Thunderbolts.
  • Options

David_D said:

Here's our next teaser image with characters:

Cool, and surprising, to see Citizen V in there. I always loved that costume design. And hopefully it is actually Baron Zemo in that suit, as he was my favorite Thunderbolts character.

If the FF is broken up, then the Guardians is a fun place to put Ben Grimm.

A lot of love for characters that Hickman gave a push to in his era of Avengers. I really like what he did with Hyperion, so it is interesting that he is still around. I never thought we would see that version of Doctor Spectrum again, so that is an intriguing surprise.

I doubt is going to go good. He is strictly bad....again.

I have to admit, was disappointed to see him go bad in Bucky-Cap's run again, after seeing him as a well-intentioned extremist in the Civil War-era Thunderbolts.
    There's also a good chance that there is someone other than Zemo in that suit. But I'm hoping it is Zemo, as, being a longtime Thunderbolts fan, I have always found him pretty interesting to read.
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    Well, I was wrong about Iron Man so far. let's see what else I'm wrong about!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Old Man Logan and Old Man Cap should share a book. We can follow them as they take on Hydra in shuffleboard and battle AIM in gin rummy.

Seriously, though, I'm looking forward to this. I can't say I'm excited for all the new #1 issues but shaking things up is always fun.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Old Man Logan and Old Man Cap should share a book. We can follow them as they take on Hydra in shuffleboard and battle AIM in gin rummy.

I would read the shit out of that.

It's a shame that Old Man Nick Fury is dead. He would be their perfect third member.
  • Options
    Like the Odd Couple, but with Miles as their wacky neighbor
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Here's a link to bigger individual images of all the characters on the promos:
    http://comicbook.com/2015/06/06/all-new-all-different-marvel-character-portraits-released/
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    edited June 2015
    Apparently the good doctor, not only has a scary new battle axe (I'm referring to it as "The Axe of Amagotto" - fingers crossed), but he has replaced the sash with a tough new belt to go with the axe, along with some ass-kicker boots. Somewhere along the way it looks like he decided to get his hands dirty by ditching the gloves, and apparently the "cloak of levitation" had a trip to the tailors.

And it looks like he conjured up some Grecian Formula for those greying temples!

I wonder if Doctor Strange will finally be getting another shot at a new monthly title?
  • Options
    A number of months ago, I remember Axel saying a new Doctor Strange ongoing was in the pipeline. I'm very excited for that, since he's my favorite. Maybe they'll let Waid take another shot; The Doctor Is Out was great.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

A number of months ago, I remember Axel saying a new Doctor Strange ongoing was in the pipeline. I'm very excited for that, since he's my favorite. Maybe they'll let Waid take another shot; The Doctor Is Out was great.

I certainly hope so! I also love Doctor Strange, and the poor doctor has been denied a monthly series for far too long! And with the hype starting for the up-coming film, it only makes sense for Marvel to have a book on the stands to capitalize on it when they can.
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    If Bleeding Cool is right, looks like I guessed Jeff Lemire on X-Men correctly!
  • Options
    Bleeding Cool isn't 100% reliable 100% of the time, but this sounds legit. I'm cool with that.

Also, I just had a thought that Si Spurrier would be a perfect writer for Doctor Strange, and now I might be disappointed if it's anyone else.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited June 2015

Lando Calrissian is the All-New, All-Different Master of the Mystic Arts?

• Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Looks like September will be a mix of finishing up Secret Wars while starting up ANAD Marvel. That could be interesting. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/15/the-latest-on-secret-wars-lateness/
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    WetRats said:

Lando Calrissian is the All-New, All-Different Master of the Mystic Arts?

The axe of Colt 45; it works every time

• Options
    Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368

If Bleeding Cool is right, looks like I guessed Jeff Lemire on X-Men correctly!

As long as this doesn't effect the quality and schedule of the awesomeness that is Descender, I'm cool with this. Although, it does make me wonder if the day will come when every new comic from every publisher will either be written by Jeff Lemire or Cullen Bunn.