Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Complete X-Men Map

CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
edited September 2012 in Comic Book Binding
Here is the link to the shared document of my Complete X-Men map. Still making adjustments as I go through. It's from Giant Sized all the way until the Schism, Uncanny X-Men #544.

Comments

• bryciebrycie Posts: 10
    To say this is impressive and amazing is the understatement of the century.
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    That is friggin' awesome!
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Thanks...I had a lot of help from different people on the forums.
  • JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    wait, i don't get it, what is this for?
    wait, i don't get it, what is this for?
    It is a chronological mapping of the X-Men from Giant Sized X-Men #1 the "All New All Different" team all the way to Uncanny X-Men #544 when the series ended. It also includes specials, mini series, annuals and other ongoing series such as New Mutants, X-Men vol 2 etc.

Certain series such as Cable, X-Force and X-Factor from #71 onwards work better in their own individual binds. But if there is a certain issue from those titles that is important to the X-Men I included them in this map.

Here is a few pics of some of my bound X-Men volumes:

• warpangelwarpangel Posts: 62
    this is really great. I know I've tried to chronolgolise (is that a word? lol) the X-Men before and it's a big job as not many other titles have so many spinoff titles and specials. I tip my hat! :D
    this is really great. I know I've tried to chronolgolise (is that a word? lol) the X-Men before and it's a big job as not many other titles have so many spinoff titles and specials. I tip my hat! :D
    Thanks! (Make sure you guys vote on posts!)
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    To say this is impressive and amazing is the understatement of the century.
    Absolutely. That's an impressive undertaking. Very well done sir.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Wait until he busts out that ungodly Batman map.
    Wait until he busts out that ungodly Batman map.
    LOL, oh it's coming...
    edited April 2012
    I've started prepping mine for the bindary & do you (anyone) have any insight/knowledge about what to do with costly books I can't bring myself to cut up? Maybe books where the originals were reprinted(?)

For starters, I'm thinking: (I'm only a couple volumes in, but I'm sure there's a good number)

ASM 229-230 (Juggs story)
    X-Men 140-148 (starting @ ~147/148 they start to not be as expensive)
    Avengers annual 10 (Rogue 1st app)
    New Mutants 98 (Deadpool's 1st app)
    Wolverine limited series #1 (of 4)
    Secret Wars #8 (or was it 6? the black suit spidey one I think is expensive)
    Origin (wolvy's origin story is way spendy to cut up)

That's just a start, but I was wondering what ways around these you all found. Thanks!!
    I've started prepping mine for the bindary & do you (anyone) have any insight/knowledge about what to do with costly books I can't bring myself to cut up? Maybe books where the originals were reprinted(?)That's just a start, but I was wondering what ways around these you all found. Thanks!!
    ASM 229-230 (Juggs story)- Marvel Tales #237-238
    X-Men 140-148 (starting @ ~147/148 they start to not be as expensive) - Classic X-Men #46-52
    Avengers annual 10 (Rogue 1st app)- X-Men Firsts tpb, Marvel Visionaries Claremont tpb
    New Mutants 98 (Deadpool's 1st app)- Wolverine Origins #25, X-Force Megazine (#98-100)
    Wolverine limited series #1 (of 4)- I used the tpb
    Secret Wars #8 (or was it 6? the black suit spidey one I think is expensive)- tpb
    Origin (wolvy's origin story is way spendy to cut up)- tpb

2 more questions:

Onslaught:
    Your doc shows a bunch in red, which I assume means you're not sure of the order(?). Anyways, how would you suggest doing it? Just following the order of the trades they published? I'm not sure if there's anything the trades missed out on that I'd want to include.

Endangered Species:
    WTHeck?! Maybe I have to splice books? the order to the Endangered Species sub-story follows books that have their completely different stories & flows. I either have to splice, or put the books in the order of Endangered Species which disjoints the storylines of the 4 different books.
    Sounds like a lot of crying to me :) but I'm perplexed as to how to do this elegantly.

Thanks for any help!
    2 more questions:

Onslaught:
    Your doc shows a bunch in red, which I assume means you're not sure of the order(?). Anyways, how would you suggest doing it? Just following the order of the trades they published? I'm not sure if there's anything the trades missed out on that I'd want to include.

Endangered Species:
    WTHeck?! Maybe I have to splice books? the order to the Endangered Species sub-story follows books that have their completely different stories & flows. I either have to splice, or put the books in the order of Endangered Species which disjoints the storylines of the 4 different books.
    Sounds like a lot of crying to me :) but I'm perplexed as to how to do this elegantly.

Thanks for any help!
    The red issues are issues I need to get.

Yes, I cut out the Endangers Species back ups and put them all together.
    edited July 2012
    duplicate post