Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    EW actually has its own channel on Sirius XM radio. Many of the editors writers contribute daily. I much prefer the Empire Magazine podcast as its commentators are much more knowledgeable.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    chrisw said:

I'm honestly a little surprised EW still exists. The only time I hear about it is when someone posts a cover image like this. It's still never enough to make me click through and read an article, much less actually buy a copy of the magazine.

I once took out a subscription to EW years ago. After three issues, I found myself wondering why the hell I had ever bothered -- a more shallow and pointless magazine I had never read. I ran out the subscription, but never bothered to do more than look at the pictures in the rest of the copies. Maybe that was the point after all.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    Such a colorless Superman costume, just like the last movie.
    :(
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

chrisw said:

I'm honestly a little surprised EW still exists. The only time I hear about it is when someone posts a cover image like this. It's still never enough to make me click through and read an article, much less actually buy a copy of the magazine.

I once took out a subscription to EW years ago. After three issues, I found myself wondering why the hell I had ever bothered -- a more shallow and pointless magazine I had never read. I ran out the subscription, but never bothered to do more than look at the pictures in the rest of the copies. Maybe that was the point after all.
    I subscribed back in the '90s. It was a quick read, and at the very least kept me up to date with what was going on. It swiftly became obsolete as the internet grew in popularity. The only reason to continue to read a magazine in a post-internet world is because it brings its own unique style or insight to something, and that's never been the case with EW. It was typically bland as could be, trying to be everything to everyone. It was sort of like TV Guide (another magazine whose continued existence I'm baffled by).

For some reason, five years ago, I started receiving issues again. They had me down as signing up for a two-year subscription even though I had never done so. It may be the only time I've been annoyed at getting something for free. The only reason I was sad to see it end was because I'd been using it as packing material for eBay auctions.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

Happy Independence Day from Sad Batman.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    This article where Zac Snyder defends the Man of Steel ending ought to smack-down any of those MoS naysayers!

collider.com/zack-snyder-defends-man-of-steel-ending-teases-brainiac-for-justice-league/

...or not.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879

This article where Zac Snyder defends the Man of Steel ending ought to smack-down any of those MoS naysayers!

collider.com/zack-snyder-defends-man-of-steel-ending-teases-brainiac-for-justice-league/

...or not.

Ummm... not.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    batlaw said:

...or not.

Ummm... not.
    Yep. Not indeed.

It merely confirms that Snyder is only influenced by the deconstruction of the superhero as embodied by The Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns.

I still contend that is a strange choice to put someone who sees superheroes (superbeings, perhaps, as he doesn't seem to understand the concept of heroism) as a destructive force in charge of building a superhero film franchise.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

a strange choice to put someone who sees superheroes (superbeings, perhaps, as he doesn't seem to understand the concept of heroism) as a destructive force in charge of building a superhero film franchise.

Very insightful and well put.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    New trailer dropped>>> Puts a lot of things in perspective...

https://youtu.be/0WWzgGyAH6Y

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I did not like Man of Steel for a few reasons. One of them was for the over the top destruction and another was Superman's inability to accomplish his goals without killing. I'm encouraged by this trailer because it looks as though they will address that and Batman seems to have the same opinion a lot of us do about this Superman. I'm sure they'll reconcile their differences by the end but it'll be fun to watch them go at it.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Looks... Amazing.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Interesting shot from the trailer..dream sequence?

• Options
    mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 186
    Well all I can say is THANK GOD they are going to explain Batman's origin again 'cause I really need to see another vantage point of Bruce Wayne's parents being killed.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

New trailer dropped>>> Puts a lot of things in perspective...

"the red cape circling, the red cape circling"

I believe that's "the red capes are coming, the red capes are coming" kind of like the red coats.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    mrfusion said:

Well all I can say is THANK GOD they are going to explain Batman's origin again 'cause I really need to see another vantage point of Bruce Wayne's parents being killed.

SPOILERS!!!

Geez...
  • Options
    hauberk said:

I believe that's "the red capes are coming, the red capes are coming" kind of like the red coats.

You're right. My cellphone speaker audio just wasn't up to snuff. A viewing on the Roku cleared that mistake. Thank you sir.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Wait, wait, wait, wait.... Wait just a minute... Are you telling me that Zack Snyder recreated an iconic comic book image on the screen?!? What a total break from his previous directorial efforts!
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    chrisw said:

They're decent for free.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    New trailer looks awesome and deceptive. I think the rumors of Doomsday are right
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    "You don't owe the world anything" ?!!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?

is Ma Kent trying to raise Zod or Superman???!?!??!
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    listening to the comic con panel

Snyder said, even though Superman fighting Batman has happened a lot in the comics, this is their own story... seems like he wanted to make a point that this story is his... and not some copy of Dark Knight Returns

and he changed the geography for the movie... Metropolis and Gotham are next to each other... separated by a big bay... like San Francisco and Oakland
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:
    He must have taken a turn into the ninth and tenth doctor internment camps. I heard they practiced forced regeneration there.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    I thought the trailer was very good. I think this shows why there was so much destruction in MoS so there would be a starting point for the next movie. It gives people a reason not to trust Superman yet. And by puttinging Bruce there it gives him reason to take up the Cowl again.

I think it's clear for anyone who thought Superman would be so kind of villain that that is I think all Lex doing that's what he wants the world to see him as. And I think Alfred telling Bruce he's not are enemy that's Bruce being stubborn and showing the path that they'll eventually take to becomes allies.

I don't think Lex hair is real probably a wig and a nod to the original Superman movies. It was cool to finally see Wonder Woman she looked ba and it seemed like there setting up a Batman Wonder Woman thing which I don't know if I'm ok with?
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'm not sure what to say. I was wrong. The trailer looks pretty awesome. I'm excited now to see this movie. I'm excited to see what we get going forward.
  • Options
    FWIW: This trailer took this movie out of my Netflix queue and put it on my matinee viewing list :)
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Mihawk said:

I thought the trailer was very good. I think this shows why there was so much destruction in MoS so there would be a starting point for the next movie. It gives people a reason not to trust Superman yet. And by puttinging Bruce there it gives him reason to take up the Cowl again.

I think it's clear for anyone who thought Superman would be so kind of villain that that is I think all Lex doing that's what he wants the world to see him as. And I think Alfred telling Bruce he's not are enemy that's Bruce being stubborn and showing the path that they'll eventually take to becomes allies.

I don't think Lex hair is real probably a wig and a nod to the original Superman movies. It was cool to finally see Wonder Woman she looked ba and it seemed like there setting up a Batman Wonder Woman thing which I don't know if I'm ok with?

Well put. This recent trailer has finally aroused my interest. Looking forward to seeing more of Wonder Woman.