Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• PaulPaul Posts: 169

1. Despite being one of the whitest men you know, I have taught Hip-Hop in the Bronx and Capoeira in East Harlem.
    Lies! I've met Pants several times, and compared to him, you're Chuck D. ;)
  • Wow...whole new forum...whole new opportunity to allow myself to reintroduce...myself.

I am Ethan, and I used to be Nigmatic on this forum. For a while I was consistently the last post in discussion threads, and started to become paranoid that I was blacklisted for some reason. So, now I will be called...ThreadKiller!

1. My full name is Ethan Hunt.
    2. I am a Dodgers fan.
    3. I own original art from McFarlane Spider-Man number 1.
  • mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 185
    Hey, I'm Tom, but I go by mrfusion on the forum. I've been a listener since the single digit episodes. Here's my three:

1) I've played football in Giants Stadium.
    2) I'm a "friend of the show" (Stephen Colbert Report)
    3) I once accidentally caused a power outage that took out a whole city block.
  • SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445

2) I wrote multiple unpublished issues of Reagan's Raiders
    I don't know if this one is true, but I really really want it to be.

Yep...I was going to take over at some point (since I'd submitted to Solson and they liked my stuff) and I wrote 6 issues that actually showed the downside of interfering in Central American politics. I spent a LOT of time researching, and did full scripts. Got a nice letter about how I'd used the concept in a way they didn't expect...never got paid and they never got drawn or printed.
  • Hey, I'm Tom, but I go by mrfusion on the forum. I've been a listener since the single digit episodes. Here's my three:

1) I've played football in Giants Stadium.
    They let a comic/special fx guy into Giants Staduim? On the field? Betcha you had to use the Force....

• JauntyJaunty Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm John from southeastern MA. I got back into comics in 2001 and started listening to CGS when Bendis mentioned the show in New Avengers. Not a big forum poster but I enjoy reading all the comments.

1. My wife and I recently became parents of a 2 year old
    2. I would like to see a CGS presence at Boston ComicCon
    3. I write romance novels under the name Logan St. Pierre
  • KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727

-When I was 19, I was talked out of a threesome with two 22 year old Russian sisters by a friend.
    This one can't possibly be true, but if it is you need a big smack upside your head. Even if you're gay and they were ugly.
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Hey Dubba T or Newt here. Been reading comics since the late 70s.

1.I went to school with 3/4ths of a well known band. All of whom hate me now.
    2.I live so far out in the woods that cell phones don't work.
    3.I published 14 issues of a mini comic back in the early 2000s.
  • ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    I'm L nny (of the floating "e") from NY. CGS listener since '06 or so. My first comic was Batman # 207, but it was FF #94 which converted me to being a comics collector and a Marvel guy for the rest of my life (although I buy lots of DC's and Indies, as well). I'm a BIG Cerebus fan.

1. The jewel of my collection is Amazing Fantasy #15.
    2. I've been on more episodes of Letterman than Pants.
    3. I've seen every episode of every incarnation of Star Trek, including the movies.

And I knew you before you showed up here from the Alan Moore discussion list!

And we all know that 3 isn't true. NO ONE has made it through Enterprise.

yup..we go waaay back, Cory!

Enterprise is one of the all time most underrated shows. Yes, it started off poorly, but it kept getting better until the 3rd season was pretty decent, and the 4th season was excellent. That it never lived to a 5th season is quite the TV tragedy!!

e
    L nny

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited March 2012
    I'm Stewart, an ancient, semi-curmudgeonly Southerner who still believes in the ideal of Pure Comic-y Goodness™.

1. I've been reading comics since I was three.
    2. I was a king once.
    3. I neither bag nor board my comics, stack them in precipitous piles, and eventually shove them into longboxes in no particular order.
  • Hi I'm Frank, I bury people.
  • WebheadWebhead Posts: 458

2. I am a Dodgers fan.

Please let this be the lie....
    [-O<
  • WebheadWebhead Posts: 458

And we all know that 3 isn't true. NO ONE has made it through Enterprise.

Well just call me "NO ONE" :D
    I'm Chris and I'm a comic geek.

Been reading comics since the mid 70's am I am proud to say I am a card carrying member of F.O.O.M.... Friend Of Old Marvel.

I've been listening to CGS since almost from the start and have been on every version of the forum.

1. I have never read or seen any of the Harry Potter books or movies.
    2. I have complete collection of Spider-Man comic books (AMS, PPSSM, MTU, WoS...) except for about 12 issues.
    3. I got hired at my first job because I was honest enough to return a wallet I found with all the money still in the wallet
    I hope 3 is true, because that's a cool story. I once had a job interview where we talked professional wrestling for 2 hours...and I worked for that company for 11 years!

Actually that is the lie... I returned the wallet with all the money and credit cards (a little over three grand in cash) and was offered a job but I was going to school at the time and did not think I could balance the two. A year later I was working and going to school and I made it work.

Chalk it up to just another stupid high school decision I passed up a great job just to end up working at Mickey D's a year later.
  • ThomaloThomalo Posts: 2
    HI. Thomalo here. I have been around since almost the beginning of CGS forums. I used to be the host of a few podcasts but I retired a few weeks ago. Just saying hi to everyone.
  • Hi everybody! I've been listening for a few years now (have no idea what my first ep was), and enjoy the chats held by the geeks. Mostly digital reading, supplemented by hard copies of certain indie, British and Marvel titles (Marvel's digital pricing is nucking futs).

Two truths and a lie:
    #1 - I have two sons whom I plan to cosplay as Bat-Mite at a con soon
    #2 - I had to come off stage playing guitar due to a "trouser accident"
    #3 - I can't think of anything!!!!!
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited March 2012
    I'm Chris. Yo. Representing New York , of course! I've been listening since Infinite Crisis/Civil War, when I really got back into comics.

1. I'm a DJ.
    2. I'm a Yankees and Giants fan. Goes hand-in-hand, really.
    3. My girlfriend doesn't read comics.
  • bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    I'm Al from New Jersey. I decided to keep my old name (Bats00) from the last forum. I've been reading comics regularly since 1987 with Power Pack #31 and haven't stopped since. My first CGS episode was the Halloween episode two years ago (I think) when Murd read "The Raven".

Now for my two truths and a lie:
    1- I have a dog named after a character from Angel
    2- I have the Superman symbol tattooed on my back
    3- My fiancee has agreed to me getting a Superman wedding band
  • Long time CGS listener and forum regular. I am a General Manager for Red Robin Gourmet Burgers. Married for 7 years to a wonderful wife who is very supportive of my comic buying habit. Trying to introduce my son to the hobby, now that he is getting more comfortable learning to read.

1. Prior to working in the restaurant business, I worked in the music business where I once golfed with Hootie and the Blowfish, had Thanksgiving dinner with Marilyn Manson, and ate wings with Jewel.
    2. I once weighed upwards of 400 pounds, but through diet and exercise am now 225.
    3. Our menagerie of animals includes 4 cats, 7 freshwater aquariums, 1 salt water aquarium, 1 fire belly toad tank, and 1 hermit crab tank.

JK
  • I'm Chris. Yo. Representing New York , of course! I've been listening since Infinite Crisis/Civil War, when I really got back into comics.

1. I'm a DJ.

there is no way you are telling me she doesn't read the funnies. All girls do!
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm Chris. Yo. Representing New York , of course! I've been listening since Infinite Crisis/Civil War, when I really got back into comics.

1. I'm a DJ.

there is no way you are telling me she doesn't read the funnies. All girls do!
    You got the lie.
  • KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    My name is dave. I live and work in the Washington, DC area. I'm an accountant. When I'm not reading comics or counting beans I enjoy reading novels, listening to podcasts, orienteering, playing cribbage, and eating healthy-ish dishes from a variety of cultures.

2 Truths and 1 Lie

1. Batman is my favorite superhero

2. Adam West or Christian Bale? Adam West every day of the week

3. I have yet to read Batman: Year One
  • bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Long time CGS listener and forum regular. I am a General Manager for Red Robin Gourmet Burgers. Married for 7 years to a wonderful wife who is very supportive of my comic buying habit. Trying to introduce my son to the hobby, now that he is getting more comfortable learning to read.

1. Prior to working in the restaurant business, I worked in the music business where I once golfed with Hootie and the Blowfish, had Thanksgiving dinner with Marilyn Manson, and ate wings with Jewel.
    2. I once weighed upwards of 400 pounds, but through diet and exercise am now 225.
    3. Our menagerie of animals includes 4 cats, 7 freshwater aquariums, 1 salt water aquarium, 1 fire belly toad tank, and 1 hermit crab tank.

JK
    number 3 is the lie right? No one has a hermit crab!! lol
  • Hey everyone,

I'm a cartoonist and graphic designer. I live in a tiny and remote town in the Chihuahuan Desert, north of Big Bend National Park. The main comic I work on lives here: http://jackcomics.com/

I don't post too much at CGS since my taste runs more along the lines of First Second, D&Q, Top Shelf and small press stuff than Marvel or DC, but I do listen to most episodes that branch out past the hero world.

Let's see...
    1. I am still mourning the untimely end of Indie Spinner Rack.
    2. Neal Adams' oversized Superman vs. Muhammad Ali was one of my most prized possessions as a child.
    3. While interning for Alex Haley, I ghost-ghost-wrote about a third of the Autobiography of Malcom X.
  • Hello I'm Justin
    *Hi Justin*
    And I've been a Comiholic for 6 years or 3/8 of my life.
    Been listening to CGS for 1 year, 1 month and about 15 days.
    I host an Brand new podcast with two Awesome guys!
    1. I'm the Creative Director of a TV show
    2. I once made a crossbow out of legos
    3. I'm too young for you people
  • kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    edited March 2012
    My name is Kerry Graham and I've been listening to CGS for 4 or 5 years. I have read comics ever since I learned to read, collected them heavily from 1983-1996, and in the last few years I've started reading them again, mainly through the library, trades, and now digitally. Originally from Texas (San Antonio/Abilene/Houston), we now live in Tucson, AZ.

1. I am 6' 5" tall.
    2. I am married to a beautiful woman and we have two terrific kids.
    3. I completely understand every comic that Grant Morrison has written.

• 1. I am 6' 5" tall.
    2. I am married to a beautiful woman and we have two terrific kids.
    3. I completely understand every comic that Grant Morrison has written.
    Well, since EVERYONE understands Grant's writing, you're either really short or unmarried and childless...

• LanceLance Posts: 5
    Hi my name is Lance and I feel like I've been here before. lol I've been listening to CGS since almost when it started. I've been to 2 Super Shows.

1. I'm a huge Dave Stevens/The Rocketeer fan.
    2. I have one of Guy Williams' original Zorro capes.
    3. I can't stand The Watchmen comic - art or story.
  • SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Kerry, I DO understand everything Morrison's written. Then again, I was reading Robert Anton Wilson at 13...
  • Hi Michael here.

1, I live in Eastbourne, UK.
    2, I went to the London Super show in a CGS tee shirt and didn't introduce myself as I having a real bad day and didn't feel at all social due to external influences that day (rassun frassum spoil my day friends)
    3, Stan Lee looked up, smiled and acknowledged me at the London Super Show.

:)
  • warpangelwarpangel Posts: 62
    Hey! My name is Glenn and I live in the UK. I'm a professionally trained Animator turned Graphic Designer and Illustrator. been reading comics since 1984 and have been writing my own characters for almost as long. I started listening to the CGS podcast around 6 months ago, I wanted to listen to a cool comic book podcast as hardly any of my friends read comics, so I dabbled with a few but CGS is pretty much the only one I listen to regularly now.

Two truths and a lie.

1 I once toured with a famous American Rock band for a week before writing and drawing their official comic book.

2 I published my first novel 3 years ago.

3 I have a strange obsession with cheese.

hope to get chatting to some of you fine folks.