Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: 100 Bullets

Tom Hardy in 100 Bullets?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tom-hardy-star-100-bullets-814472

I'm only three trades in so far, so I'm having a hard time seeing where any one character fits into the whole narrative, but I'm interested.

Comments

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    hauberk said:

Tom Hardy in 100 Bullets?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tom-hardy-star-100-bullets-814472

I'm only three trades in so far, so I'm having a hard time seeing where any one character fits into the whole narrative, but I'm interested.

Wow! I kinda feel like I should be ringing a freaking bell.

Leper! Unclean!

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited August 2015
    Cool.

Also, I didn't know until I saw that article that New Line is now overseeing Vertigo projects. I think that is a positive step-- it seems like a lot of the would-be Vertigo projects we have been hearing about for years have been stalled.

Also, I believe that some, if not all, of the Vertigo deals with creator-owners include point where the rights revert back to the creators (as they have for Preacher and Y: The Last Man). I don't know whether that clock is counted from the original launch of the series, or from the publication of the final issue, but either way it must be ticking for 100 Bullets. So all the more reason for them to get moving on it.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    David_D said:

Cool.

Also, I didn't know until I saw that article that New Line is now overseeing Vertigo projects. I think that is a positive step-- it seems like a lot of the would-be Vertigo projects we have been hearing about for years have been stalled.

Also, I believe that some, if not all, of the Vertigo deals with creator-owners include point where the rights revert back to the creators (as they have for Preacher and Y: The Last Man). I don't know whether that clock is counted from the original launch of the series, or from the publication of the final issue, but either way it must be ticking for 100 Bullets. So all the more reason for them to get moving on it.

Good info. I was unaware of all of that.

WRT 100 Bullets itself, so far, it's feeling very much like an anthology. Is there really a central character to follow? Again, I'm only 3 trades in, but so far, there's no real central character.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    hauberk said:

David_D said:

Cool.

Good info. I was unaware of all of that.

WRT 100 Bullets itself, so far, it's feeling very much like an anthology. Is there really a central character to follow? Again, I'm only 3 trades in, but so far, there's no real central character.
    Not sure. 100 Bullets is one of those series that I got the first few trades years ago, enjoyed them but stalled out. Then I recently got all the rest of the trades in credit on a trade-in, and I'm excited to have them. But it is also a daunting pile. I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I get to it, but sometimes I let me monthly singles reading distract me from diving into whole series that I have collected like this one.

I do believe, and this is partly just from remembering old solicitations, that as modular and anthology-like as the stories can be, there is a central mythology to the series, and some key characters to that overall story. It may be that the film will focus on that. Or, given how great and provocative a thrust the main premise is (a person who feels they have been wronged are handed what seems to be the opportunity to kill and get away with it) that the film with just take that idea and tell a single story with it. I am definitely intrigued either way they go with it.
  • Options
    I think it'd be hard to tell a straight adaptation of the whole story. It's an ensemble piece of legitimately epic proportions. I'd actually prefer if they stuck to one story. You can have the Minutemen and the Trust, but you need the scale to be much smaller.

I can see the pieces coming together. It'd be a tight fit, but Tom Hardy is a mad genius, and the kind of guy I want to be best friends with. I think he can pull it off.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I am a strong endorser of Tom Hardy