Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Posts: 62
    Hey! My name is Glenn and I live in the UK. I'm a professionally trained Animator turned Graphic Designer and Illustrator. been reading comics since 1984 and have been writing my own characters for almost as long. I started listening to the CGS podcast around 6 months ago, I wanted to listen to a cool comic book podcast as hardly any of my friends read comics, so I dabbled with a few but CGS is pretty much the only one I listen to regularly now.

Two truths and a lie.

1 I once toured with a famous American Rock band for a week before writing and drawing their official comic book.

2 I published my first novel 3 years ago.

3 I have a strange obsession with cheese.

hope to get chatting to some of you fine folks.
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    @warpangel

if #1 is true: which band and where can I see the book
    if #2 is true: tell me more...tell me more...
    if #3 is true: we got some great cheese in Switzerland...and I'm just eating some right now...

btw: my son will start art school this year - his goal is to become a Graphic Designer and Illustrator - so I might contact you for some advice

;)
    Hey John!

lol...I can tell you that 1 and 2 are truths and 3 is a lie. I HATE cheese lol.

My 1st may have been a bit of a 'truth fudge', The band were once famous (in the uk, germany and australia randomly). They were called Wheatus and they are famous for one well known song called 'Teenage Dirtbag'. I got to hang out with them a lot once I got the gig, I even got to go visit them in their homes of NYC. The comic got released as their 'tour programme'. it was a fun time.

My 2nd is also true. I published a book called 'The Lyonsblood Chronicles' in 2009. It's the first book in a hopeful 8 book series. It's pretty much sci-fi fantasy. The whole saga is about the origin of super powers and what actual purpose they serve in the universe. The first book is set roughly around the roman era, although each subsequent book will be a later generation, with the final book being set in modern times/not too distant future.

I'm actually writing and drawing a comic book at the moment which is part of the whole 'Lyonsblood' series, which is set in modern times. It's called 'The Chosen Ones' and I'm hoping to either get some publishing interest, or I may self publish. I'm not sure yet.

Hope your son enjoys studying art. always happy to answer questions! :D
  • ThreadKillerThreadKiller Posts: 55
    edited March 2012

2. I am a Dodgers fan.

Please let this be the lie....
    [-O<

Sorry Chris!

• 3 I have a strange obsession with cheese.

don't we all, sir. Don't we all...
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

My 1st may have been a bit of a 'truth fudge', The band were once famous (in the uk, germany and australia randomly). They were called Wheatus and they are famous for one well known song called 'Teenage Dirtbag'. I got to hang out with them a lot once I got the gig, I even got to go visit them in their homes of NYC. The comic got released as their 'tour programme'. it was a fun time.
    I remember Wheatus. Teenage Dirtbag was a great song. It has one of the best lyrics to ever describe teenage self-loathing I've ever heard: "Man, I feel like mold." Never thought to put it that way myself, but I can always remember times when that was *exactly* how I felt. Which sucked at the time, of course, but still, well-put.
  • brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    I'm Bryan. I started this whole thing.

1) I've seen Pants naked.
    2) Apple flew me to California to audition for a commercial.
    3) I backpacked 100 miles of the Great Wall of China.

Have fun,

Bry
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited March 2012

Have fun,

Bry
    I'll go with door number two. Apple's crazy, but not that crazy.
    :P
  • nhartznhartz Posts: 12
    Hi! My name is Nate and I am a life long comic fan.

- I am a twin and have twin sisters too

- I have 4 sets of twins in my family - Mom's side
  • mbatzmbatz Posts: 63
    Hi, I'm Michael, I've been around for awhile.

1. I airbrush motorcycles among other things.
    2. I am a BUFFY fanatic!
    3. I am a DC Comics fanatic
  • SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    Hi, I'm Steeven.

1. I'm writing a moden day adaptation to Goldilocks and the Three Bears
    2. My older brother tried to cut off my elbow with a pair of hedge clippers
    3. My beard is the envy of most men
  • Hi, I'm jimimarcus,
    long time listener, first time forumite.

1) live below sea level.
    2) @ work am surrounded by drugs and prostitution.
    3) favorite movie is 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • Hi, I'm jimimarcus,

Police blotter?
  • bullydawgbullydawg Posts: 14
    My name is Jim and I've been on the forums since CGS and podcast were integrated into iTunes in 2005. I'm a huge LSH fan and continue to work on obtaining every published appearance of the Legion. OK, two truths and a lie:

1. I am a scientist at the world's largest pharmaceutical company.
    2. I have over 30,000 comics in my collection.
    3. I haven't bought a hard copy of a comic since Nov. 2011

Jim
  • glandgland Posts: 17
    Dan Kurtzke, here. Big DC guy, but not exclusively. I'm an aspiring indie creator, trying like mad to stop getting in my own way and tell the stories I've been building up. I've been listening to CGS since May 22nd, 2007, when the Planet Hulk episode was new on the main page. They got me into podcasting. They got me excited about going to conventions. They got me to care as much about the creators as the work. Half the friends I have today are a direct result of interacting with Comic Geek Speak.

I'm making a children's book that'll be ready for con season next year.

I'm 28, but people think I'm in highschool.

Super Show is my favorite convention, period.
  • I'm Stewart, an ancient, semi-curmudgeonly Southerner who still believes in the ideal of Pure Comic-y Goodness™.

1. I've been reading comics since I was three.
    2. I was a king once.
    3. I neither bag nor board my comics, stack them in precipitous piles, and eventually shove them into longboxes in no particular order.
    3 is also my preferred storage method. I even use shoeboxes sometimes.
  • Hey! My name is Glenn and I live in the UK. I'm a professionally trained Animator turned Graphic Designer and Illustrator. been reading comics since 1984 and have been writing my own characters for almost as long. I started listening to the CGS podcast around 6 months ago, I wanted to listen to a cool comic book podcast as hardly any of my friends read comics, so I dabbled with a few but CGS is pretty much the only one I listen to regularly now.

Two truths and a lie.

1 I once toured with a famous American Rock band for a week before writing and drawing their official comic book.

2 I published my first novel 3 years ago.

3 I have a strange obsession with cheese.

There is nothing strange about a cheese obsession.
  • MarioMario Posts: 9
    My name is Mario Muscar. Been around a looooong time.

1) I have been drunk with Peter Rios several times.
    2) I have seen Peter Rios stark naked.
    3) I was on a reality television series called "Survivor."
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    @Mario - haven't you been on that Beauty and the Geek show? That leaves me wondering have you and Peter been drunk and got naked together...... /:)

btw: I still miss Peter
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    @Mario - haven't you been on that Beauty and the Geek show? That leaves me wondering have you and Peter been drunk and got naked together...... /:)
    Which one would you consider the "Geek" in that scenario?
  • MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    Hello again everyone! Im Miraclemet, miraclemet on the old forums, miraclemet throughout the internet, and occasionally the name I have my wife call me... (TMI?) In RL Im Charlie, formerly of Michigan, currently of Atlanta GA. I'm an IT project manager with a Tech company. I started listening to CGS just before episode 100 all those years ago, and have faithfully listened to almost every episode since there. I was into comics in the 80s, out of comics for the boom-bust 90s (thank god), and back for the 2000s when I read an article about the upcoming Marvel "Civil War" event. I bind comic runs, read comics & trades (Marvel, DC, etc), collect original comic art (Green Lantern), and collect high comics (over at the CGC message boards).

My truth and lies
    1. Before I could even drive I spent a summer living abroad in Portugal with no parents.
    2. My wife is a former child star
    3. I've owned comics from The Nick Cage collection...
  • Hi, I'm jimimarcus,

Police blotter?
    ha ha nope... ;-) i work in an office in the red light district of Amsterdam , Netherlands.

btw my 3 were all true, forgot to lie. (facepalm)

• LegoNightwingLegoNightwing Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Hello all I'm Rod. I've been around CGS for about 1000 episodes.

I've been reading comics for about 35 years

My Wife encourages my comic habit.

I saw Pants eat broccoli.
  • My name is Brant Fowler and I've been around off and on in the various incarnations of the forums. I'm a letterer, logo designer and flatter, among other things. I'm a laid back guy who just turned 35 a week ago.

1. I co-own a comic news website.
    2. My first ever comic convention landed me a lettering job with DC Comics.
    3. I've appeared on multiple comic podcasts every week for three years.
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Have fun,

Bry
    Lets see you have mentioned the Apple thing at least once on the show. And I am sure you have seen Pants naked. So I assume 3 is a lie.

I was thinking '3' as well @ Dubat138. :D

I'm slightly ashamed that I dont know how to get the 'quotes' working on here lol. I havent used a forum for almost 8 years!! lol
  • My name is Mike (you probably figured that out on your own), and I've been away from CGS-land for a while, but am pleased to be jumping back in. I never did play this game on the old forums, so here goes, I'll give it a whirl...

1. I saw "Star Wars" twice during its original theatrical run.
    2. I wrote a professionally published "Star Trek" story.
    3. I have collected autographs from every major member of the current "Doctor Who" cast.
    1. I saw "Star Wars" twice during its original theatrical run.
    Twice?

Either that's a fib, or you're a piker. I stopped counting after 100.

• Actually, that one is true, WetRats. I was only 5, so I didn't have the wherewithal to get myself to the theater without adult assistance! My folks took me the first time. When I begged and begged to go back, my grandmother (bless her!) took me - she was in her mid-sixties at the time. She turned off her hearing aid and took a nap - I could hardly believe it! But I enjoyed myself all the time, and made sure I woke her up when Chewbacca roars at the mouse droid because, for whatever reason, that was my favorite scene at the time. (One would think I woud have chosen a somewhat more dramatic or spectacular moment, but I guess it was one of those "grace notes" that really made the film!)
    @Bibliomike, I apologize for impugning your geek cred. Twice at five is awesome. Wheedling Granny is extra-awesome.

After the first dozen or so times, when spending the entire day in the theater, my buddies and I would nap during the boring Tatooine parts, and wake up for Mos Eisley.