Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Justice League Movie | News and Speculation

Unless I totally missed an old thread that hasn't had any discussion in it lately... I thought I'd start one since a bunch of sites today are reporting on their experiences on set recently and interviews they had there with Snyder, other producers, writers, etc., and Ben Affleck. Here's SlashFilm's and here's Collider's (with new logo).

Comments

• fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    That logo must have been created by the same company that updated the DC logo. I thought it was a joke, but seeing it on multiple sites I'm thinking it's real. I get an overwhelming "meh" from it. Regardless, I judge not a movie on its logo.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited June 2016
    What? This old thing?

• batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Not good. But not necessarily bad.
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I've watched the teaser twice and still can't decide if I'm interested more then mildly. It's really nothing new, concept wise, for forming a new team. I predicted before BvS:DoJ began it'd be Batman assembling the team.

It seems weird for Batman to recruit as Bruce Wayne. And Allen not only looks like Jimmy Fallon, but is equally annoying.

Thoughts?

M
    How about we share the video link to help with the discussion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o
    I can't do all the work!!
    Okay, quick thoughts.

I don't like the casting for the Flash. And the portrayal seems like more Wally West than Barry Allen.

Cyborg's costume looks great.

The Flash's costume does not.

And the Batman costume looks a bit too sparkly.

Aquaman looks fine.

Wonder Woman looks good.

Affleck is still very Affleck.

Trailer posting says Jared Leto is also in this.

Is someone missing?

Okay, quick thoughts.

I don't like the casting for the Flash. And the portrayal seems like more Wally West than Barry Allen.

Cyborg's costume looks great.

The Flash's costume does not.

And the Batman costume looks a bit too sparkly.

Aquaman looks fine.

Wonder Woman looks good.

Affleck is still very Affleck.

Trailer posting says Jared Leto is also in this.

Is someone missing?

Yup, someone is missing. Remember how "bold" the DCEU is?!

M
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
  • Mark_EngblomMark_Engblom Posts: 343
    Compared to the brilliant Wonder Woman trailer, the Justice League trailer was a pretty low-key letdown. All the characters seemed to have an identical level of snark...which gets old really quick. The Aquaman stuff was cool, though.
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I thought they might save some for later trailers.
  • luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    Combine/merge, or whatever it's called?
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    It's just really hard for me to get excited about the new Flash when I have Grant Gustin's.

I know, I know... the multiverse.
  • MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    The thing that we need to keep in mind is they've only been shooting for a couple months. So this is easily a year or more away from being completed.

I liked what I saw it seemed more lighter. The Flash was descent, I thought original his suit was gonna give him his speed? But it seemed like he just has super speed? Which I am very relieved if he does?

I don't have a problem with Ben playing Bruce I thought he was really good in BvS. So I'm optimistic just wish the villain was more threatening.

Almagamate this please @David_D
    I'm having a hard time seeing The Flash or Cyborg in their own standalone films based on what we're seeing here.

I'm having a hard time seeing The Flash or Cyborg in their own standalone films based on what we're seeing here.

I was definitely thinking the same for Flash. It's too soon to judge, but from what we've seen thus far, I'm only really interested in seeing Wonder Woman & a Man of Steel sequel.

As Batman fan who never really cared for Kent, it's weird to not care about Batman in a movie. I think it's Cavill's performance (and his underuse in BvS:DoJ) that makes Kent the character I want to see more of.

M
  • MihawkMihawk Posts: 433

We only saw Cyborg in like 2 scenes, Probably because what we saw of him as Cyborg is heavily CG and that's all they had done?

I don't see how anyone can say you don't see him in there own movie? After basically seeing nothing of what there doing with him?
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Mihawk said:

I don't see how anyone can say you don't see him in there own movie? After basically seeing nothing of what there doing with him?

But that's what we do here on the forums.

...I think?
    The actor didn't have any gravitas and the character of Cyborg's story has never screamed "blockbuster movie" for me. DC devoted fans will likely disagree. That's also what we do on the forums.

As for the Flash, we basically got almost an entire scene with him and Bruce Wayne. I wasn't impressed. And the director walking off that movie (The Flash) isn't instilling much hope in me either.

And I'm a hard-core CW Flash fan.
    Mihawk said:

We only saw Cyborg in like 2 scenes, Probably because what we saw of him as Cyborg is heavily CG and that's all they had done?

It's only based on what I observed & thought for Flash. He seems ultra annoying for a whole solo movie.

M
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    The scenes between Bruce and Barry I thought were really good.
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I watched Angry Joe's reaction video and he did seem to bring up an interesting point.

(BatmanvSuperman Spoiler):
    With Superman being dead, it initially looked like he would be returning at the end of this film (which would then lead into part 2). Now, with WB only doing one film; Superman now looks marginalized.

I watched Angry Joe's reaction video and he did seem to bring up an interesting point.

(BatmanvSuperman Spoiler):
    With Superman being dead, it initially looked like he would be returning at the end of this film (which would then lead into part 2). Now, with WB only doing one film; Superman now looks marginalized.

They're only doing one film? When did that happen?

M
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I don't think it's a continuation of the story but let's not kid ourselves there will be a sequel
    DAR said:

I don't think it's a continuation of the story but let's not kid ourselves there will be a sequel

I thought there was supposed to be pt 1 & 2 instead of a sequel.

M
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited July 2016
    Matt said:

DAR said:

I thought there was supposed to be pt 1 & 2 instead of a sequel.

M
    I think, like these threads, those film ideas have been "Amalgamated!"
  • batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    As far as there being two jl movies... They initially reported them as being two parts. Now they're identifying them as simply two movies. And I thought it's been all but confirmed superman will be back within the first jl movie?

As for the jl trailer I'm a bit underwhelmed but not surprised. It seemed thrown together with whatever they had at the ready which I imagine it was. Still, some bits were likable. I'm happy to see some brighter tones in both the pallet and attitude. Still loving Afleck's/bats. Optimistic about Aquaman. Not sold on cyborg at all but never wanted him here to begin with so we'll see. But what little there is shown I'm not blown away. Looks way to cgi.
    Biggest disappointment is flash. From this trailer I could like the actor. Just not as Barry/flash and this doesn't feel like Barry or flash either to me. And the costume is pretty bad. Ww sure to be good-great.

The ww trailer looks heaps more competently done and much more promising over all.