Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• Hi everyone, long time listener, first time poster. :)

My name is Ricardo, I live in the city of Porto, in Portugal. Here are a couple of facts about me (and a lie):

1 - I'm a balding 27 years old graphic designer.
    2- I haven't had a girlfriend for 10 years.
    3 - I'm an expert in vietnamese martial-arts.
    I'm going to go with the girlfriend one as being the lie. I couldn't go that long without one, so I figure someone else couldn't, either.

• I'm going to go with the girlfriend one as being the lie. I couldn't go that long without one, so I figure someone else couldn't, either.
    Bingo!
    It is almost true. :D I haven't had *new* girlfriend for a decade. This December I'll celebrate my 10th anniversary with my high-school sweetheart! :)

Although I could've taken a vow of chastity…
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Okay, hey I'm Cory. I go by Random73 which is a college nickname inspired by the Zelazney Amber series. I've signed up for at three forum incarnations and then never get around to posting. Been listening since '07? Ish? I remember episode 300 being a big deal but I think 200 was before my time.

Two truths and a lie.

My girlfriend is 13 years younger than me.
    I taught 4th and 7th grade in West Africa.
    I have been over the years both a professional minister and magician.

No wait. Those are all true.

Wow. Truth really is stranger than fiction.

My favorite writer is Grant Morrison.

Bwahhahahah! Sorry! I cracked! I can't say that with a straight face!
  • TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    Welcome, Cory! So those are all true?! Fantastic! My wife is 13 years younger than I am, so you and I are practically related! (At least our significant others aren't 13 years old...)
  • jmoneyjmoney Posts: 31
    Hi guys, newb on deck as it were. Here are my 2 and 1:

1. My Grandfather was a master carpenter who helped build Disney World.
    2. My wife had to teach me how to swim when we were dating.
    3. My first week of teaching I had to remove a student's arm from the toilet.
  • Hi all, I'm pretty new to the forums but have been listening for quite a while.

1. I almost always have a mohawk.
    2. I own over 2,000 VHS/DVDS/Blurays.
    3. I have been attacked by a reef shark.
  • My name is Chad, and I have been reading comics on and off since I was able to read (born in 75)
    I've been listening to CGS religiously for a year or two and love it, I dont know why I didnt look for the comic related podcast before then but I'm glad I found them. Since then I've been addicted to DCBS, Kirby Krackle and back into reading DC - all thanks to CGS and their perspectives on all things comics. One day I hope to go to a real con (like C2E2), since St. Louis is still trying to get theirs off the ground (after 3 unsuccessful years :-(, but hey at least we have Cullen Bunn!
    Welcome, Chad! You owe us two truths and a lie!
  • Hi all, I'm pretty new to the forums but have been listening for quite a while.

3. I have been attacked by a reef shark.
    Haven't we all been attacked by the nefarious reef shark?
  • Hi Tony here from Katy, TX (Houston area). I've been reading comics since 91 or so. I came upon the show by accident searching through podcasts. The first show I listen to was with Uncle Sal and I could not stop laughing. I do not get to read like I use to so I really enjoy listening to all the different story lines from the different publishers. Keep up the good work Geeks!

1. I like fast cars
    2. I like faster women
    3. I wear a hero's uniform.
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

1. I like fast cars
    2. I like faster women
    3. I wear a hero's uniform.
    you're a mailman?
    :P

one doesn't need fast cars to catch faster women.....

welcome Tony to the forums <:-P
  • TomiHTomiH Posts: 5
    Hi everyone, I'm Tomi and I 1) am a part time Kamikaze pilot 2) went to my first con last year (ECCC 2011) even though I've read comics for over 20 years and 3) AM CANADIAN
    Welcome, Cory! So those are all true?! Fantastic! My wife is 13 years younger than I am, so you and I are practically related! (At least our significant others aren't 13 years old...)
    Hey! Thanks for greeting me with joy. That was fun.
  • TheZoloTheZolo Posts: 27
    My name if Jeffrey Mitchell.. Longtime listener who's FINALLY decided to brave the world of the CGS forums.

1. Im From Philadelphia And I Named My Firstborn Son Benjamin Franklin Mitchell

2. I Prefer Captain America's Energy Shield To His Vibranium-Adamantium Shield.

3. My Favorite Comic Quote Is, "Doesn’t Matter What The Press Says. Doesn’t Matter What The Politicians Or The Mobs Say. Doesn’t Matter If The Whole Country Decides That Something Wrong Is Something Right. This Nation Was Founded On One Principle Above All Else: The Requirement That We Stand Up For What We Believe, No Matter The Odds Or The Consequences. When The Mob And The Press And The Whole World Tell You To Move. Your Job Is To Plant Yourself Like A Tree Beside The River Of Truth And Tell The Whole World -- "No, YOU Move.” - Captain America (Amazing Spider-Man #537)
    Hi Jeff! Ummmm. I'm calling bullshit on #2. (pun intended) because I think naming your kid Ben Franklin is just plain awesome! I've been listening since 07 but just jumped into the forum 3 days ago so I feel your trepidation. Welcome!
    You are correct sir! My kid is indeed named Benjamin Franklin Mitchell! ... and while the Energy Shield was kinda cool it can't hold a candle to the Vibranium-Adamantium Shield! I love that one so much I got it tattoed on my left bicep!

p.s. Glad I wasn't the only one nervous about taking the plunge! So far so good!
    p.p.s. Thanks for making me feel welcome @Random73
    You are correct sir! My kid is indeed named Benjamin Franklin Mitchell! ... and while the Energy Shield was kinda cool it can't hold a candle to the Vibranium-Adamantium Shield! I love that one so much I got it tattoed on my left bicep!

p.s. Glad I wasn't the only one nervous about taking the plunge! So far so good!
    My pleasure!

Speaking of tattoos. I have a tat of Ghost Rider the Spirt of Vengance covering up my ex wife's name (no bitterness there at all) anybody else out there sporting geek ink?
  • comsorrelscomsorrels Posts: 10
    ive listended forever and even called in a couple times, but this is the first time ive been active on the forums. im liking it alot.
    1.i love musicals
    2. i served in the us army
    3. ive never driven a car
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Speaking of tattoos. I have a tat of Ghost Rider the Spirt of Vengance covering up my ex wife's name (no bitterness there at all) anybody else out there sporting geek ink?
    Back in the mid 90s I had a Sandman inspired backpiece that I was gonna get. But then the one tattoo artist I trusted to ink me died so I never got it. And I am happy now cause since then my opinion on Sandman has went down. It use to be in my top 5 comics of all time. And now I doubt it would make my top 30 list.
    Welcome, Zolo! A tat of Cap's shield on your left biceps?! Way cool! Do I have a tat? Only one, on my penis. It reads "Tiny." (Unless I'm in a "good" mood, in which case it reads, "Ticonderoga, NY.")

Back in the mid 90s I had a Sandman inspired backpiece that I was gonna get. But then the one tattoo artist I trusted to ink me died so I never got it. And I am happy now cause since then my opinion on Sandman has went down. It use to be in my top 5 comics of all time. And now I doubt it would make my top 30 list.
    I knew when I made this post I would get at least on dislike. ;)

• supermattsupermatt Posts: 6
    Hi! I go by supermatt. With my name being Matt and with my mum thinking I'm super it seemed appropriate. I live in Wellington, New Zealand, where I'm studying to be a... something. I'll know when I graduate. Hopefully.

I started dabbling in comics back in 2007, but got super (there's that word again) into them after reading the original Ultimate Spider-Man series in 2008.

Anywho, 2 truths 1 lie.

- It's entirely possible that I've watched the first Iron Man movie more than anyone else alive.
    - I have a beard on par with Alan Moore's.
    - I un-ironically enjoy the LoEG movie.

End transmission.
  • ajaxajax Posts: 5
    Hi - I'm Ben and am a native Delawarean. Been reading comics since my parents bought me G.I. Joe #53 about 25 years ago and am a Marvel Zombie at heart.

Truths and lie:

1. I once asked Judd Winick if he was an East Coast or West Coast gangster in an interview.

2. I'm 6 feet tall.

3. I love bacon.

Hi! I go by supermatt. With my name being Matt and with my mum thinking I'm super it seemed appropriate. I live in Wellington, New Zealand, where I'm studying to be a... something. I'll know when I graduate. Hopefully.

I started dabbling in comics back in 2007, but got super (there's that word again) into them after reading the original Ultimate Spider-Man series in 2008.

Anywho, 2 truths 1 lie.

- It's entirely possible that I've watched the first Iron Man movie more than anyone else alive.
    - I have a beard on par with Alan Moore's.
    - I un-ironically enjoy the LoEG movie.

End transmission.

Welcome SuperMatt I love your Hogan Pastamania avatar.
  • Hi - I'm Ben and am a native Delawarean. Been reading comics since my parents bought me G.I. Joe #53 about 25 years ago and am a Marvel Zombie at heart.

Truths and lie:

1. I once asked Judd Winick if he was an East Coast or West Coast gangster in an interview.

2. I'm 6 feet tall.

3. I love bacon.

we all love bacon. Cuz bacon loves us...
  • TreverCTreverC Posts: 9
    Hey everyone. I've just started listening to CGS, and I'm loving it. I have listened to other podcasts like 11 O'clock Comics, Around Comics, Capetown Community, and Adam Carolla.

Three things about me.
    1. I work part time at a local Target. I'm in the electronics department and I've been at the store for the last 6 years.

2. I still own my very first car, a 1972 VW bug. Originally it was beat up and orange, but me and my dad have fixed it up and had it re-painted in a prism paint job yellow with an autobot emblem undercoat.

3. For the last 4 years I've been working at Hack Shack Studios, with the inker, Art Thibert. I've had the honor of working on books like the weekly, Trinity, Doom Patrol, Deathstroke, and now Savage Hawkman, first doing spot blacks, and now as a background inker.
    Hey everyone. I've just started listening to CGS, and I'm loving it. I have listened to other podcasts like 11 O'clock Comics, Around Comics, Capetown Community, and Adam Carolla.

Three things about me.
    1. I work part time at a local Target. I'm in the electronics department and I've been at the store for the last 6 years.

2. I still own my very first car, a 1972 VW bug. Originally it was beat up and orange, but me and my dad have fixed it up and had it re-painted in a prism paint job yellow with an autobot emblem undercoat.

3. For the last 4 years I've been working at Hack Shack Studios, with the inker, Art Thibert. I've had the honor of working on books like the weekly, Trinity, Doom Patrol, Deathstroke, and now Savage Hawkman, first doing spot blacks, and now as a background inker.
    Trevor, I don't think anyone could work at a Target for 6 years! I'm calling bullshit on that one. Welcome! Glad to have you.
  • TreverCTreverC Posts: 9
    Trevor, I don't think anyone could work at a Target for 6 years! I'm calling bullshit on that one. Welcome! Glad to have you.
    Lol one would LIKE to think so...
  • VKMarionVKMarion Posts: 37
    Hey Everyone, My name is Ken, I posted on the old forums a few times, but just now had the time to sign up again. I Listen every day a new show goes up while I draw!

2 truths, 1 lie:

-I am a comic Book Penciller
    -I hold a Black Belt in Washin Ryu Karate
    -I have a complete Run of Superman comics that stretches all the way back to 1956