Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

My Hero Academia.

This is a Manga/Anime series, and I love it. I love superhero comics, but I haven't been reading Marvel or DC consistently for several years now. And this series has filled that spot for me recently.

I think out of all the Manga I have read that this series is written very much like a "Western" style superhero comic. The art in it is very good. The arcs are close to comic arcs in that there not very long. The actual story I think is very good and the characters grow a lot.

The series has just currently passed the 100 issue/chapter mark. And the 1st season of the Anime has ended and it has a full English Dub already.

I think if your a person who has had trouble getting into Manga? Then this series is worth a shot.

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I read the first volume and enjoyed it. Ive got to get around to reading other volumes.

@Torchsong should have an opinion he reads tons of the manga
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Mihawk said:

And the 1st season of the Anime has ended and it has a full English Dub already.

I don't suppose it's on Netflix or Amazon?

• Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited July 2016
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Mihawk said:

And the 1st season of the Anime has ended and it has a full English Dub already.

I don't suppose it's on Netflix or Amazon?

Funimation. There's a free trial for that as well. There's also Kissanime.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    This one actually got past me. I'd heard of it but haven't read the manga or seen the anime...yet.

Right now I'm hooked on Dagashi Kashi...an anime devoted to Japanese snack foods. Yes, you read that right. :)
  • Options
    I'm about to start reading the new Ultraman series.
  • Options
    At SDCC I picked up the entire run of the original Japanese Super Sentai series that they used for Power Rangers. So that's on deck to watch before I start any new series.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

At SDCC I picked up the entire run of the original Japanese Super Sentai series that they used for Power Rangers. So that's on deck to watch before I start any new series.

Hulu has alot of them available now. I've also seen them pop up on my Amazon. I'm kinda hoping for some masked Rider stuff to start legally trickling over here
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    edited August 2016
    There's been a pretty big boom in superhero anime in recent years. In addition to My Hero Academia we've seen:

Heroman - co-created with Stan Lee, who gets a cameo, naturally.
    Tiger & Bunny - a great 70s buddy comedy about sponsored superheroes that ran for a TV series and two movies.
    Samurai Flamenco - Kick Ass if it got very strange, very quickly.
    Gatchaman Crowds - Sociologically charged update of the Gatchaman concept.
    Concrete Revolutio - An attempt at doing a Wild Cards/Watchmen/LOEG with Showa-era SF & superhero archetypes. Has the best twist on Superman's arrival on earth as a baby yet.
    One Punch Man - The anime of the best selling superhero comic on the planet.

• Options
    Brack said:

There's been a pretty big boom in superhero anime in recent years. In addition to My Hero Academia we've seen:

One Punch Man - The anime of the best selling superhero comic on the planet.

Another book that i have really enjoyed. I've read the first 2 or 3 volumes.
  • Options
    I absolutely love Tiger and Bunny.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Right now I'm hooked on Dagashi Kashi...an anime devoted to Japanese snack foods. Yes, you read that right. :)

Did a quick Amazon search to read a synopsis of the book. I like comics and snacks.

Im not even going to accuse you of "reading it for the recipes". I never found the book, but the licensed products for the series are, let's say, interesting.