Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode Talkback - Happy 50th Birthday Jamie D.

A collection of remarks and reminiscences--some silly, some somber, all sincere--from the friends, fans, and family of our departed comrade, Jamie D, on the occasion of his 50th birthday. Plus some vintage audio clips of the Shiznit himself. The pimp hand remains strong!

Listen here, Jeremy!

Comments

• I'd like to know which episode contains the Superman 1 & 2 discussion. I don't think I ever heard it.

Me too!
  • @bralinator and @Mark_Engblom, that would be Comic Geek Speak Episode 475: Superman 1 vs Superman 2: http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodes/comic_geek_speak-613.php

There was also some conversation in Episode 971 about Superman 3 and Superman 4 here, in the Cornucopia of Comics Conversation 2010, although that was not a Jamie episode. Still Pants, Rios and Deemer though: http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodes/comic_geek_speak-1233.php
  • Thanks! Firing up that episode right now!....
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

This episode brought me to tears and back to the forums. I have been away from this community for a few years (although I do still listen to the podcast) and after listening to wonderful memories of Jamie D. I was compelled to re-join the forums and community. Jamie D. is a tad younger than me so I understood his perspective on older comics and TV. I miss his voice and after meeting him back at episode 200 my respect grew. He was a force and when I returned for episode 300 he met my current wife and treated her as if he had known her for years. Great episode and I look forward to being back in the CGS fold.

Welcome back!
  • i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 781
    edited September 2016

This episode brought me to tears and back to the forums. I have been away from this community for a few years (although I do still listen to the podcast) and after listening to wonderful memories of Jamie D. I was compelled to re-join the forums and community. Jamie D. is a tad younger than me so I understood his perspective on older comics and TV. I miss his voice and after meeting him back at episode 200 my respect grew. He was a force and when I returned for episode 300 he met my current wife and treated her as if he had known her for years. Great episode and I look forward to being back in the CGS fold.

Bubbeleh! You've come back! :smiley:
  • Wow, great, great episode. Excellent job, Pants.

Gotta admit, Matt's tribute really got to me.
  • Great show guys. Jaime touched many people, including people like me, listening in from the periphery. Lump in the throat material.
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Such a moving show. @Pants you done a great job on this one. Lump in throught throughout until Drunk Cap came on talking about 15 being to young. Couldn't help but laugh. I imagine Jamie would be laughing down too.

I wanted to call but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I love the fact that we have all those hours of old episodes to hear him again. Whenever I dig out an old show the highlight for me is always the 'I'm Jamie D'. Jamie also got me on Valiant after his rave reviews, now their books are the main bulk of my pull list. That's just the small way he changed my life. But I'm thankful for that, just wish I had a chance to thank him.
  • Such a beautifully done show, thank you to everyone who helped to make it. We should all be so lucky to be remembered as fondly as Jamie D is. Wherever he is, I am 100% positive that he was beaming to see and hear what his CGS loved ones did for his birthday. I, too, was feeling great emotion merely listening to it as a longtime fan of the podcast; loving all the stories, and welling up with tears when Pants started to cry, and laughing my ass off at that Drunk Cap closing to the show! To CGS - thank you so much for this. And happy birthday, Jamie.

P.S. @i_am_scifi I thought that penis would be bigger
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Hey folks, nice Jamie D. celebration episode! I don't have much to say about Jamie, except that I enjoyed his presence on the show. I'm older than he was, but I feel our tastes in comics was quite similar, especially concerning the Avengers and Strangers in Paradise. Oh, I did meet Jamie D. once. It was at Fan Expo, I think. Maybe it was a couple of times at that con, actually. I talked to him briefly while I was talking to Uncle Sal, and I met him again on the last day when I said my good-byes to the CGS crew. It was kind of an awkward good-bye in that I didn't really know what to say to him. Almost needless to say though, is that he will be missed.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Read these two pages the other day and I immediately thought of @JamieD. Cap's not my favorite character, but with this dialogue by Johnathan Hickman in Avengers #34, I can totally see why he was Jeremy's. This is also why I will always read the superhero funny books.

• great episode. He's still missed!
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552

I put off listening to CGS since Jamie died worried that it wouldn't be the same but came back for this one. Wonderful episode guys.Thank you.

It's so good to see that avatar again. Welcome back.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    aquatroy said:

I put off listening to CGS since Jamie died worried that it wouldn't be the same but came back for this one. Wonderful episode guys.Thank you.

It's so good to see that avatar again. Welcome back.
    Agreed! Amy's back!
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030

Great to see you back.
  • Thank you for all the welcome backs