Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Choose Five Writers to start a new comic book universe

Ok so if you could pick any five writers to start a new comic book universe who would they be?

My Five are:

Ed Brubaker
James Robinson
Geoff Johns
Brian Michael Bendis
Jason Aaron

Comments

• Options
    stu89stu89 Posts: 9
    Honorable Mention: John Ostrander, Judd Winick, Tom King
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Terry Pratchett
    J.R.R. Tolkien
    Charles Dickens
    Mark Twain
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

....you did say "any five writers."
  • Options
    stu89stu89 Posts: 9
    True Mr_Cosmic lol
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    edited October 2016
    Me - To come up with all the amazing, grand, sweeping ideas for the universe.

Geoff Johns - To put those ideas into play and oversee the mechanics of said universe.

Greg Rucka - Top mechanic. Handles the big-seller series.

Brian K. Vaughn - With a clause in contract that he must "stick the landing" on any series he oversees. No petering out on the last issue to wrap things up quickly.

Christopher Priest - Handles editing tasks. Final veto over all other writers.

In spite of the lofty job descriptions, each of us are also writing books as well as editing.

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited October 2016
    Roy Thomas - head guy. Idea man, Continuity Chief, and the writer of my main team book.

Terry Moore - the guy who digs into the non super hero corners of the universe.

John Byrne - The heavy lifter. Big projects and events. Also probably the guy who gets mad and quits first.

Roger Stern - the person I depend on to give me consistently good books month after month.

Geoff Johns - the fixer. Relaunces books when necessary and freshens up old characters/ideas.
  • Options
    This was really difficult. I would choose:

Bob Layton - He's already done it twice (or more?) and while not always successful commercially, the comics have always been well made.

Brian K. Vaughan - An idea factory. The guy can do no wrong.

Kurt Busiek - Knows how to take a long-lived, tired idea and make it feel fresh, something superhero comics desperately need.

Marjorie Liu - Brings the X-books style, and has proven she can create a new property with Monstress and her novels.

Gail Simone - A pro's pro. Always does excellent, moving work.

My second choices, for most of the same reasons, would be, respectively, Jim Shooter, Tom King, Mark Waid, Fabian Nicieza, and Geoff Johns.

And were he still with us, Dwayne McDuffie would be at the top of the list without question.

• Options
    Ed Brubaker
    Geoff Johns
    Tom King
    Grant Morrison
    Mark Millar
  • Options
    Gail Simone
    Geoff Johns
    Ed Brubaker
    Terry Moore
    Joss Whedon