Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Worst Comic Book Movie?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Green Lantern
    I chose Green Lantern. Starting off fairly, I haven't seen all of the movies listed here. That being said, Green Lantern had the potential to be one of the greatest comic films in recent memory. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a huge fan and podcast about him. The sheer amount of characters, villains, cosmic DC, etc they could've used gave them nearly unlimited options. And it was utterly squandered. I don't necessarily have an issue with Reynolds being cast in the role of Hal, he wasn't my first choice, but he wasn't a BAD choice either. Green Lantern could've been the Star Wars of DC comics. (And I say that because it's the obvious comparison, but I'm completely cognizant of how that could be a bad analogy).

GL is it's own universe, as much as I love GL and want to see stories with the characters (the human ones) on Earth from time to time interacting with the Justice League or their family and friends, I have to admit, GL is THE DC cosmic title. And unlike Marvel, I don't see DC going the route of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Thor' with more than one movie taking place in the cosmic side. Let's face it, if DC were to do it, the one and only BEST place to have done it would've been a Green Lantern movie. (Though, objectively, they maybe COULD'VE done a fourth world type of film). Think of all of the potential in the DC cosmic universe and what COULD'VE been:

*Martians
    *Daxamites
    *Kryptonians
    *New Gods
    *Dominators
    *Thanagarians
    *The Reach
    *Czarnians
    *Tamaraneans
    *Controllers
    *Maltusians
    *Khunds
    *Coluans
    *Durlans
    *Talokites (Shadowlass' people)
    *Vuldarians (how cool would that reference have been?)
    *Qwardians
    *Rannians

Not to mention the homeworlds of some of the other Green Lanterns:

Xudarians, Ungarans, Bolovaxians, Korugarians, etc.

And that's not even touching on the history and formation of the Green Lantern Corps itself. I mean, VAST UNLIMITED POTENTIAL was squandered. I was so let down by that film. I tried very very hard to be happy in the first month or so after it premiered. I tried so hard to be happy and find the good, but I finally admitted to myself how utterly that movie failed me as a fan. Don't get me wrong, it has it's good moments. It does. But...well, I've said it already. I was just disappointed.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Green Lantern

Worst to best Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, organized by the Tomatometer.

Thor: The Dark World (2013) 66%
    The Incredible Hulk (2008) 67%
    Iron Man 2 (2010) 72%
    Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) 75%
    Thor (2011) 77%
    Iron Man 3 (2013) 79%
    Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) 80%
    Ant-Man (2015) 81%
    Captain America: Winter Soldier (2014) 89%
    Doctor Strange (2016) 90%
    Captain America: Civil War (2016) 90%
    Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) 91%
    Avengers (2012) 92%
    Iron Man (2008) 94%

FX has been burning through the MCU movies the last 2 weeks. Even though I own them on Blu-ray, sometimes I get caught into the broadcasts. Having watched Avengers & Winter Soldier back to back, Avengers seems to be a bit overrated then I initially thought.

M