Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

How about a Throwback Thursday discussion thread for early CGS episodes?

Pants was talking about on the last previews episode how he was listening to an early episode that included talk of Iron Man 2 etc. I have recently been going back into the archives and I was listening to some Comic Talks, Talking Shop with Bergen St. Comics in Brooklyn unfortunately they closed in 2015 :( , an interview with Mark Evanier and an early Wild Pig comics sale show with guest and now host Chris. It's always interesting to hear how comics, movies, and shows that were discussed have turned out.

Due to the changes in forums over time those discussion are now gone into the digital wind except for the ones in the last 5 years but even then we can look back. I found a website that can randomly generate dates and I can run it and post what episode that date falls closest too. If enough people show interest I can pull an episode for this Thursday and I have the app to listen to episodes or at work I can listen at my desk and we can have a discussion.

This show that has been on for 12 going on 13 years provides a great time capsule of comics history. Even if I am the only one I still will have fun doing it!

"Mylars baby!" I had to add that because one show had Bryan Deemer discovering mylar bags! @brydeemer

I'm open to suggestions but how I figure it to work right now:

1. I'll use dates instead of number of episodes to include the unnumbered episodes that exist.
2. Use dates that pre-date the forum now but up to a point. Say nothing later than 2013 maybe.
3. It might be nice for one of the hosts to pick an episode to re-listen to.

Comments