Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Movie News: Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2

13»

Comments

• BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Could be "Her." I'm wondering who all the gold skinned people around "Her" would be? Have they changed the character to be part of an alien race? Or are all of those people artificially created like "Her?" So. Many. Questions!

There are a lot of gold skinned Marvel aliens.

These include Korbinites (possible lead into a Beta Ray Bill appearance in Thor), the Aakon, and the Ul'lula'ns.

The latter of whom have two forms - one is a golden humanoid, the other a circular mouthed tentacle creature. Both of which we see in the trailer.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited April 2017
    SPOILER ALERT

Sountrack listing follows:

@David_D, care to amalgamate?
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    Amalgamated! (Wham Bam!)
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    David_D said:

Amalgamated! (Wham Bam!)

Thank you, Ma'am.

sorry
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    With both Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell was hoping for a Tango and Cash reunion but Russell confirmed they don't have a scene together. Alas it wasn't meant to be
  • David_D said:

Amalgamated! (Wham Bam!)

Fittingly enough ...

• TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Does my heart good to see that "Surrender" is being played out in deep space in the MCU. Lifelong fan of the mighty Trick here...
    Adam Warlock very nearly made his way into GotGv2. Director James Gunn, confirmed at a press junket today that the cosmic hero almost played a major role in the film, but was shelved even after a great deal of work had been done to adapt him for the screen.
    I love Adam Warlock. He’s one of my favorite characters. In all truth, I wrote an early treatment where I had Adam Warlock as a part…this is your big scoop, because I don’t think I’ve told anybody this… It was Adam Warlock. He was a big part of the screenplay and I realized it was one character too many. And I adored the character. I adored what we had done with him. I think we did something really creative and unique with Adam Warlock. But it was one character too many and I didn’t want to lose Mantis and Mantis was more organically part of the movie anyway. So I decided to save him for later.” - James Gunn
    [spoiler]Since Adam Warlock is the genetic twin of Ayesha, the main antagonist in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” it was presumed he would be part of this film. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige said at the same junket that Gunn is developing Adam Warlock to be included in a future Marvel cosmic universe film, but Gunn made it clear that Warlock will NOT be in Infinity War:
    "He’s not. He’s not in Infinity War. But he will be a part of the future Marvel cosmic universe and a pretty important part of that.” - James Gunn
    While neither Feige or Gunn have outright said that Gunn is developing Adam Warlock for Guardians of the Galaxy 3, it’s a safe assumption since he announced he would be directing the film earlier this week. Feige also implied as much, saying “If he appears anywhere in the future, it’ll be in Guardians.”[/spoiler]

I expect our own @Adam_Murdough will be pleased to learn this news.
    Critical reviews are pretty good so far, calling it a delightful second entry, but not as inspired as the first installment.
    I mostly follow the reviewers from Collider, Schmoes Know and Jeremy Jahns. Jahns didn't really like it and Kristian Harloff from Schmoes didn't either. The rest did seem to enjoy it but the consensus seems to be not as good as the first.
    edited April 2017
    DAR said:

I mostly follow the reviewers from Collider, Schmoes Know and Jeremy Jahns. Jahns didn't really like it and Kristian Harloff from Schmoes didn't either. The rest did seem to enjoy it but the consensus seems to be not as good as the first.

Are you referring to the same Jeremy Jahns who said that the last DC dumpster fire (a.k.a. Suicide Squad) was a "pretty awesome movie"? I don't trust his reviews - at all. Having said that, I haven't seen GotGv2 yet, so I have no idea if it's any good, but i place little worth on JJ's reviews. Schmoes Know was at least a bit more even-handed.
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178

DAR said:

Are you referring to the same Jeremy Jahns who said that the last DC dumpster fire (a.k.a. Suicide Squad) was a "pretty awesome movie"? I don't trust his reviews - at all. Having said that, I haven't seen GotGv2 yet, so I have no idea if it's any good, but i place little worth on JJ's reviews. Schmoes Know was at least a bit more even-handed.
    Academy Award winning dumpster fire.
    :wink: *

*an award for make up is still an award

Academy Award winning dumpster fire.
    :wink: *

*an award for make up is still an award

Lol. I stand corrected... I should have said "the last DC dumpster fire (a.k.a. the Academy Award winning 'Suicide Squad')
    I didn't like SS myself but to complete discount one's review because they liked it is a bit childish.
    DAR said:

I didn't like SS myself but to complete discount one's review because they liked it is a bit childish.

Was your first clue to my being "childish" the Bicentennial Spidey avatar? Or the frequent visits to a comic book related website forum?

Seriously, if you thought the Academy Award winning Suicide Squad was a "pretty awesome movie", then I'm going to remain dubious about our tastes in movies ever aligning. So if you consider that to be "a bit childish", then so be it. You're entitled to your opinion as much as the next geek.

I don't think it's an awesome movie. But I'm not discounting Jahns review because he liked it.
    edited April 2017
    DAR said:

I don't think it's an awesome movie. But I'm not discounting Jahns review because he liked it.

You're entitled to your opinion as much as the next geek.

• aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    [mommy voice]CHILDREN![/mommy voice]