Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Bump-- now with Marvel.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Thanks David D!
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    On the Marvel front I like the looks of:

Cates & Shaw on Guardians of the Galaxy. Looks like this follows on from Infinity and Cosmic Ghost Rider.

Tom Taylor on Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-man. Tom Taylor is one of those writers who should get a headline Marvel book sooner rather than later. Being the third of 3 Spider-Man books, this isn't it. But as X-Men Red is done, I'll take what I can get.

Invaders. Solely because of Zdarsky on as writer. Though Guice inking feels right too.

Adam Kubert on Captain America.
  • Options
    Bumped for Image and many others added. And the headline for me is the return of an all-time favorite

• Options
    No new issue of Lazarus or Black Magic in January, though, which is a bummer.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    David_D said:

Gah!!!!! They announced in the summer that Lazarus was going quarterly with an issue to be solicited in September.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

David_D said:

Gah!!!!! They announced in the summer that Lazarus was going quarterly with an issue to be solicited in September.
    Ugh. I hadn't noticed how long it had been, but that has been a really long time. Which is a shame, since it is such a strong series. I will be glad for it whenever it comes back, but hopefully we'll see a solicit soon.
  • Options
    David_D said:

hauberk said:

David_D said:

Ugh. I hadn't noticed how long it had been, but that has been a really long time. Which is a shame, since it is such a strong series. I will be glad for it whenever it comes back, but hopefully we'll see a solicit soon.
    Not sure what’s going on. He’s deleted his Twitter and his tumbler hadn’t been updated in some time last I visited it.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

David_D said:

hauberk said:

David_D said:

Not sure what’s going on. He’s deleted his Twitter and his tumbler hadn’t been updated in some time last I visited it.
    Yikes. I didn't realize that. Hopefully he is just involved/consumed with Lazarus coming to TV and nothing worse.
  • Options
    David_D said:

hauberk said:

David_D said:

hauberk said:

David_D said:

Yikes. I didn't realize that. Hopefully he is just involved/consumed with Lazarus coming to TV and nothing worse.
    I just checked, and Rucka's actually been reposting a lot of stuff on his tumblr, in the past week--not within the last 3 days, but previous to that there are a number of posts, daily, on his tumblr.
    Best guess, twitter got too toxic for him (as it has with Ed Brubaker and others I followed, including CGS's very own Matt).
    That said, I do hope we get some new work from him soon --- I thought I'd read in the back of Lazarus, around issue 20, that he had a new novel coming, but I flipped through those letters pages and couldn't find it --- especially, for me, Stumptown, from Oni. That's the series (if we're not going to get new Q&C, as stated about five years back), I want to be reading again. Either of you two, or others, a fan of that series?

chris
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

especially, for me, Stumptown, from Oni. That's the series (if we're not going to get new Q&C, as stated about five years back), I want to be reading again. Either of you two, or others, a fan of that series?
    chris

Stumptown wasn't bad, but I stopped getting it during the second story. It was fine, but I didn't find it to be exceptional enough to stay on my crowded pull list. It felt like, “She’s like Jessica Jones, but no powers and she’s Native American!”—tone-wise it felt rather derivative to me. And the artwork, while fairly solid, didn’t wow me.
  • Options

David_D said:

hauberk said:

David_D said:

hauberk said:

David_D said:

I just checked, and Rucka's actually been reposting a lot of stuff on his tumblr, in the past week--not within the last 3 days, but previous to that there are a number of posts, daily, on his tumblr.
    Best guess, twitter got too toxic for him (as it has with Ed Brubaker and others I followed, including CGS's very own Matt).
    That said, I do hope we get some new work from him soon --- I thought I'd read in the back of Lazarus, around issue 20, that he had a new novel coming, but I flipped through those letters pages and couldn't find it --- especially, for me, Stumptown, from Oni. That's the series (if we're not going to get new Q&C, as stated about five years back), I want to be reading again. Either of you two, or others, a fan of that series?

chris
    I've found a few issues of it in the cheap bins at my LCS and picked them up. So far, they seem to be mid-run pieces so I haven't read them yet. Loved Q&C, Black Magick and Old Guard, but Lazarus really hits the sweet spot for me.
  • Options
    Dynamite solicits are out, including an intriguing new Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt from Gillen and Wijingaard

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Only one thing from Marvel (okay, technically it's being published by IDW, but it's also listed in the Marvel catalog) popped out to me outside of the few titles I'm still getting from them—Marvel Action: Black Panther #1. Yeah, it's an “all ages” title presumably not in regular continuity. All I care about is that Kyle Baker is writing and drawing a Black Panther book. Sold!
  • Options
    Just finished going through the catalog, and for me two items stood out far above the rest—Treasures Retold: The Lost Art of Alex Toth from IDW, and The Collected Toppi vol. 1: The Enchanted World from Lion Forge.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    edited November 2018
    Here's the order as it stands for DCBS this month:

Young Justice #1 - I know they'll never trap lightning in a bottle twice but I loved YJ when it first came out. It made me a Nyauk fan big time.
    The Creeps #17 (MR) - There are a number of boutique publishers doing reprints of old horror classics from magazines of yore alongside new material. This and Tomb of Terror are two of the good'uns.
    Supergirl #26 Var Ed
    Mystery Science Theater 3000 #5

Excalibur Epic Collection TP Girls School Heck - Hopefully this'll fill in the gaps from some of the Classic trades I have.
    Bombshells United TP Vol 03 Taps

American Flagg Definitive Coll TP Vol 01
    American Flagg Definitive Coll TP Vol 02
    - Always wanted to read this series but never got around to it. Affordable trades of the first few runs made it an easy choice.

Arakawa Under The Bridge GN Vol 05 - Any time I think my ideas are too dumb to pursue, this book reminds me that in comics, anything is possible. It's beautiful.
    Saga of Tanya Evil GN Vol 05
    Pandora In The Crimson Shell Ghost Urn GN Vol 11 (MR)