Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Besides comics what else do you collect?

Answers

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    edited June 2012
    I'm a Pez head, too. I used to try and get just about everything, but that got to be too much, so now I just mostly go for superheroes, sci-fi, and other geeky ones (I'm all over the new Presidents series, for instance). I don't have any that are too old, nor any of the ones I had as a kid (why didn't I hold onto that soft-headed Batman dispenser I had back then?!? :(( ), but I do have a bunch of Europe-only sets (Asterix, Super Mario, Tom & Jerry, Mr. Bean) and a few random store-specifc ones (an Austrian supermarket named Zielpunkt, Jack in the Box, FAO Schwartz). I need to get the Geico gecko and Chik-Fil-A cow now!
    If you want I can grab you a Chik-Fil-A cow this upcoming weekend. I am heading to the coast and always stop at a Chik to eat lunch. The oldest Pez I have is an Spiderman from the late 60s,and a Tweety Bird from around the same time. I have cut way back on the ones I buy now. Mainly cause like you said they put out so much. Plus there is lines I have no interest in like the Nascar ones,Disney Princesses and the Tinkerbell ones. Let me know before next Friday if you still want the CFA Cow. I need to track down Mr Bean. I have also been picking up the various Marvel Klix I find at various dollar stores.

• Options

If you want I can grab you a Chik-Fil-A cow this upcoming weekend. I am heading to the coast and always stop at a Chik to eat lunch. The oldest Pez I have is an Spiderman from the late 60s,and a Tweety Bird from around the same time. I have cut way back on the ones I buy now. Mainly cause like you said they put out so much. Plus there is lines I have no interest in like the Nascar ones,Disney Princesses and the Tinkerbell ones. Let me know before next Friday if you still want the CFA Cow. I need to track down Mr Bean. I have also been picking up the various Marvel Klix I find at various dollar stores.
    I will definitely take a CFA Cow if you can grab one, @dubbat138, and will gladly reimburse cost and shipping. It'd be much easier than going the eBay route, and we don't have any CFAs out here in Rhode Island (or in New England at all, not that I'm aware of, anyway, though we still get the ads for some reason).
    Not a problem. I stop at CFA almost every trip to the coast. Have you seen that pez yet? It is well done.

• Options

Not a problem. I stop at CFA almost every trip to the coast. Have you seen that pez yet? It is well done.
    I've seen pictures of it, and it looks great. Pez has really upped their game in recent years. Long gone are the days where you look at a dispenser and go "Well, yeah, I guess that's Donald Duck.

Kinda hoping we pass a CFA on our own trip this weekend, if only to try it out. Having seen about a billion "Chik-Fil-A sponsors Curious George" spots whenever I'd watch that show on PBS with my kid for, like, 5 years, I'm really curious to check it out. Kinda like how we made a beeline for Sonic the last time we were in PA. Yeah, it's just fast food, but years of commercials make ya curious.

I am lucky enough to have a Sonic in my town. CFA is good,try their nuggets or spicy chicken sandwich. My girlfriend swears that they make amazing coleslaw,I won't know cause I don't eat coleslaw.
  • Options
    But seriously, I am a minor Lego Star Wars collector, when I can afford it. My wife and I are having our first baby around the beginning of December, so I can't wait until she/he is old enough to be told not to play with daddy's Legos, but collect her or his own.

It took my youngest son a few years to learn that he wasn't allowed to play with my action figure collection.
  • Options
    But seriously, I am a minor Lego Star Wars collector, when I can afford it. My wife and I are having our first baby around the beginning of December, so I can't wait until she/he is old enough to be told not to play with daddy's Legos, but collect her or his own.
    It took my youngest son a few years to learn that he wasn't allowed to play with my action figure collection.
    Yeah, my son gets kind of covetous of the Pez or the few action figures I still have kicking around (the 11 Doctors, everyone on my Shazam shelf, etc.) or the Legos I have that he doesn't, and while I'll cave sometimes, I have to remind him that he's an only child with parents and (especially) grandparents who cave pretty easily, and he doesn't go without much, so he really doesn't need to look at my nerdcave as his own personal toy store. :D
    See before I moved I had one room that had all my action figures set up in this huge city. And my son was always wanted to play with them. I ended up getting him a bunch of the Super Hero Squad figures for him to play with.

• Options
    edited October 2012

This is about 1/2 of my Pez collection. Got it out today and discovered I had a bunch of duplicates. There is also some Kliks mixed in with the Pez.