Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Avengers 2

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I really want Thanos in the next film but I have a feeling it will be Ultron. Thanos could be in the backround, again, and then use him big time in the third movie.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    I don't know. With 3 years spaced between each film, Avengers 3 wouldn't come out until 2018. I can't see them waiting 6 years to use him as the main villain.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I can't wait for Avengers 2 or 3. Make them at the same time! When Tony walks out of a room in 2 he's also walking into a room in 3! Use two cameras.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Captain Marvel.

SHAZAM!

ER, I mean "Oh Watta Goo Siam!"
  • Options
    We need to get Beta Ray Bill for Thor 2, especially if they are going to fight Thanos when he comes to get the Infinity Gauntlet. Enchantress would be good, too.

We need Ant-Man and Wasp and I think Doctor Strange would be great. But what I really hope for is Scarlet Witch and the Vision.

Captain America needs Falcon and the return of Bucky as Winter Soldier. Madame Hydra as a villain might be good, but I've heard that one of the Cap writers has been pushing for MODOK. Not sure about that.

And with Thanos being the purported main villain of Avengers 2, then it would make sense to bring in Adam Warlock.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    If they can make a billion dollars in 2 weeks will they even bother to have a budget?!?!?!
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    edited August 2012
    Though Joss Whedon was initially unsure if he would return for the sequel, Disney's Bob Iger just announced Whedon will write and direct Avengers 2. He will also develop a live-action Marvel TV series for ABC.

Deadline

He has signed an exclusive television and film deal with Marvel Studios until the end of June 2015 and will contribute creatively to Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Eric_C said:

I would love to see an array of characters, but it is only right to have Ant-Man and Wasp. They are friggin founding members for crying out loud. I also want to see Pym backhand Janet. That would be fun

advocating violence towards women is bad. Naughty Eric.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Four Words: M'Baku The Man Ape
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I want Jocasta and Wonderman.
  • Options
    I really have no idea what Joss is going to come up with.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    random73 said:

I really have no idea what Joss is going to come up with.

I don't want to know what he comes up with. I have trust.

• Options
    Absolutely. Joss is certainly more hit than miss for me. I meant that I had no idea what direction he might go. Matt should lay down his predictions NOW for Avengers 2.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    random73 said:

Absolutely. Joss is certainly more hit than miss for me. I meant that I had no idea what direction he might go. Matt should lay down his predictions NOW for Avengers 2.

I'll have to pass. I don't know the Avengers as well as I know Batman. Plus, this seems to be more in the Ultimate Universe and I've never read that line of books. I was never onboard with the concept.

M

• Options
    Matt said:

random73 said:

I'll have to pass. I don't know the Avengers as well as I know Batman. Plus, this seems to be more in the Ultimate Universe and I've never read that line of books. I was never onboard with the concept.

M

You haven't seen the Avengers yet? Don't need to know much.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

random73 said:

M

I was referring to the source material. I was never really into team books, aside from a handful of storylines, I don't really know the book. (I've seen the movie 3 times.)

Batman, on the other hand, is a character I'm very familiar with (aside from the last 6 years.) The storylines used for TDKR were ones I've read several times. It wasn't too hard to piece together the major plot points with the trailer scenes.

M

• Options
    Matt said:

Matt said:

random73 said:

M

I was referring to the source material. I was never really into team books, aside from a handful of storylines, I don't really know the book. (I've seen the movie 3 times.)

Batman, on the other hand, is a character I'm very familiar with (aside from the last 6 years.) The storylines used for TDKR were ones I've read several times. It wasn't too hard to piece together the major plot points with the trailer scenes.

M

Got it. Actually the Nolan trilogy got me reading some of the major Batman storylines like Year One of course. Once the movie gets closer to release date they will roll out the trades that back up the movie. I am guessing Infinity Gauntlet.