Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DC Subscription sale

Looks like they're cycling through the titles. Batman is up for the next hour along with Justice league, Aquaman, Action, and a few others for 12.99 for a year.

http://www.tanga.com/deals/DC-comic-book-sale

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    That's a great price.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    I just got JLA for $13 for a year's subscription, that's 75% off cover price.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    OK those didn't run out after the hour they just reset to another 24 hour period, that must just be the way it's set up. Still a good deal
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Well, I'm sorely tempted. Anyone ever use these guys before?

What's really interesting...they're quite literally in my neighborhood.
  • Options
    I broke down - I was already reading Wonder Woman and Aquaman, so I bought those two and threw in Justice League just because. $40 for three subscriptions (essentially 36 books). That's pretty solid.
  • Options
    I've gotten a head wrap thing from them a few years back, I don't remember any problems with them. I went with Batman, Detective, and Teen Titans. Was hoping a Batgirl would pop up later to round out my DC definite buys each month. 10-12 weeks for the first issue so that should fall right in line with my DCBS order as well.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Not a big deal, but why does it take so long for comics subscriptions to start? Magazines don't work like this.
  • Options
    Not a big deal, but why does it take so long for comics subscriptions to start? Magazines don't work like this.
    I'm guessing because they plan out, just like with DCBS you order two months out, they order ahead of time how many subscriptions they will need. I went ahead and got Action, JLA, and Aquaman. That is a super cheap deal, almost seems too good to be true!
  • Options
    Planeis said:

I think in this case it's because you're working through a "middleman" and that probably puts a delay on getting the subscription set up. Just a guess, there...

• Options
    Just did mine for Action, Batman, and Wonder Woman (I had recently dropped Action and Wonder Woman... but at that price I am game to keep reading them). It'll be nice that, once the subscription starts, I will likely get these even before I otherwise would in a DCBS box.

I also have to admit finding comics in my mailbox (even if a bit stuffed in there) brings me back to when I was a kid and had my subscriptions to G.I. Joe and Transformers from Marvel.
  • Options
    I'm debating jumping back on board for Batman...$12 for all that Scott Snyder/Capullo goodness. :)
  • Options
    Talked with a few people who have been ordering from them since last year - basically you place the order with them, they send the info to DC.

Your books are mailed flat from the DC distributor in Texas (may be a different distributor for other regions).

Caveat Emptor - they are mailed USPS so you are at the mercy of your postal carrier. Person I talked to said he's had a few books with minor creases on the cover, but nothing to lose sleep over unless you're desperate to get that Mint/Nmint copy on your hands...
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    I've ordered from them before. I'm happy with them. My issue of Batman arrives anywhere between a day or two before it goes on sale at the LCS up to less than a week afterward. They've all been in good enough condition for me. If you're OCD about a perfect NM with each issue, this might not be for you, but I have no complaints.
  • Options
    And for Detective, if you use the code BATMANROCKS, you get an additional $1 off.
  • Options
    KyleMoyer said:

And for Detective, if you use the code BATMANROCKS, you get an additional $1 off.

HUGE HEADS UP FOR BATMAN FANS!!!

This post was based off of the information I was given in an email from Tanga (since I had previously ordered Batman comics from them before). When I actually used the code, it took $11.99 off and only charged me $1. So that's $1 for 12 issues of Detective Comics. As a Batman fan, even if Tony Daniel was still writing it, I'd take that deal. Heck, I'd subscribe to any book for $1.00 for a year.

• Options
  • Options
    Just got Batman, Detective and Superman for $25
  • Options
    KyleMoyer said:

KyleMoyer said:

This post was based off of the information I was given in an email from Tanga (since I had previously ordered Batman comics from them before). When I actually used the code, it took $11.99 off and only charged me $1. So that's $1 for 12 issues of Detective Comics. As a Batman fan, even if Tony Daniel was still writing it, I'd take that deal. Heck, I'd subscribe to any book for $1.00 for a year.

Kudos for a fantastic heads up on that. I don't know if it is a glitch or if they REALLY want to get me on their junk mail list, but who cares because I just got 12 four dollar funnybooks for a buck. WOOT! And thanks.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Just got 12 comics for a buck..can't beat that. Thanks!
  • Options
    David_D said:

KyleMoyer said:

KyleMoyer said:

Kudos for a fantastic heads up on that. I don't know if it is a glitch or if they REALLY want to get me on their junk mail list, but who cares because I just got 12 four dollar funnybooks for a buck. WOOT! And thanks.
    For the record, about a year ago, I subscribed to Batman through them and never got a single piece of junk mail from them until a few months later when they were having another sale on DC subscriptions and sent me a "since you previously ordered this from us" email. I eventually signed up for their daily email about their deals although very little interests me, but occasionally something interesting will pop up. But until I did that, I never got any junk mail from them unless they were having another comic book sale.

And you're welcome. :)

Tanga - holding the line at 8 and 1/3 cents.
  • Options
    since i already ordered detective i'm passing the code on to some some friends that don't read much DC, maybe it'll send a little savings karma my way
  • Options
    I dropped Detective, but for $1 I guess I'll try it again!
  • Options
    AAAAnnnd you got me again. THANKS for that code! Now I'm picking up all three Bat titles as well...
  • Options
    And Tanga has apparently noted their error and it is now corrected to be $1.00 off as it was supposed to be. As far as I can tell, those of us who put in their order before are unaffected, and $11.99 for 12 issues is still a damn good price, but not a "you're crazy if you don't take it" price.
  • Options
    I can just picture some guy watching all these orders suddenly coming in going "Umm...I think we may have a problem somewhere!" :)
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    I ordered "Batman". That comic is too good to pass up for a buck an issue.

Bry
  • Options
    Ha! Ignore my suggestion that you come to this thread in another thread! :)
  • Options
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BOOOOOOM....

Just got a nice email from Tanga saying they are refunding the order for Detective.

I see their point. They must have gotten slammed. But that deal was what made me order 3 titles. I wasn't going to order any, but being excited by that deal I just figured, hey... why not.

boooooooo
  • Options
    Planeis said:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BOOOOOOM....

Just got a nice email from Tanga saying they are refunding the order for Detective.

I see their point. They must have gotten slammed. But that deal was what made me order 3 titles. I wasn't going to order any, but being excited by that deal I just figured, hey... why not.

boooooooo

Yeah it kind of sucks, but I'm sure Tanga didn't want to eat the $11 of loss per subscription (not sure how many people took advantage, but I'm guessing it was a lot). The subscriptions were still cheap though!