Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

WildPig Comics Grand Reopening Fall Sale! Sept. 15 and 16! The Return to Kenilworth, NJ!

The all new, all different WildPig Comics! Yup, we're returning to the hallowed halls of our longstanding Kenilworth location, but, in keeping with the times, this new version of the store will be radically different in many ways (one tantalizing example: we've knocked down a wall to dramatically expand the retail space!). What will never change is our dedication to customer service and unbeatable deals. Hence, it's only fitting that we launch this new era with a fall sale! Here's the skinny:

WHEN: Sat., Sept. 15th, noon to 10 PM, and Sun., Sept. 16th, 10 AM to 5 PM

WHERE: 14 S. Michigan Ave. in Kenilworth, NJ

THE SALE: 60,000 50 cent books from the Silver Age to the present, 2,000 trades at 50% off (including new releases!), 50% off comic and comic-related magazines, and 20% off superhero-related merchandise.

THE RAFFLE: A WildPig event would not be complete without our legendary raffle! The raffle will take place at approximately 3:00 PM on Sat.! Stay tuned for further details, as well as a list of raffle items!

ARTISTS: J.K. Woodward will be appearing on Sat. beginning at noon! Our very own Bill Ellis of allnewissuescomic.com will also be appearing on Sat.! Stay tuned as we're in the process of recruiting more artists to the cause!

Per tradition, identify yourself as a CGS listener during checkout and receive an additional $5 off your final purchase!

Upon the conclusion of the sale, our store will formally open for regular business on Wed., Sept. 26! Stay tuned for further details regarding our new, daily incentive and discount offers!

Please visit www.wildpigcomics.com for further details and directions. We'll be posting additional info regarding artists, the raffle, etc. both here and on our website.

As always, thanks to the CGS community for your support!

Best,
Chris, Danielle, Ryan, and the WildPig Gang

Comments

• Options
    MisterPhilMisterPhil Posts: 27
    This is great news!
    The only thing not-so-great about is that it is the same weekend as SPX, so I'll miss this one.
    Hope to make the next one.
    Best of luck!
  • Options
    BetaRayBenBetaRayBen Posts: 50
    I plan on being there, representing Austin, TX once again!
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    I will do my best to be there for one of the days! And welcome back. :)
  • Options
    We've posted the raffle items for the upcoming grand reopening of our Kenilworth, NJ store during the weekend of Sept. 15 & 16! 14 items are posted thus far, including statues, deluxe hardcovers, and the Daredevil Born Again artist proof edition from IDW! Check them out at wildpigcomics.com

In addition to J.K. Woodward, Fred Hembeck and Bill Ellis (of allnewissuescomic.com) have also graciously agreed to appear on Saturday!

For further info regarding the grand reopening sale, please visit wildpigcomics.com

Many thanks!
    Chris, Danielle, Ryan, and the Wildpig Crew
  • Options
    I won't make it, but congrats to you guys! I hope it goes well, and best of luck!
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Looking like I'll be there for Saturday.
  • Options
    The grand reopening of The WildPig store is now a mere month away! To further tantalize the CGS faithful, here is a list of the items to be raffled off on Sat. at approximately 3 PM:

Storm statue from Bowen Designs
    Darth Vader ESB statue from Gentle Giant
    Batgirl New 52 bust from DC Direct
    Batman Black & White Darwyn Cooke statue from DC Direct
    All-Star Superman Absolute Edition
    Crisis on Infinite Earths Absolute Edition
    Infinite Crisis Absolute Edition
    Capt. America Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1
    Thor by Walt Simonson Omnibus
    Thor by JMS & Coipel Omnibus
    Fantastic Four by Byrne Omnibus
    Amazing Spider-Man Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2
    Kingdom Come Absolute Edition
    G.I. Joe The Complete Collection Vol. 1 from IDW (as long as it ships on time)
    Daredevil Born Again The Artist Proof Editon from IDW

We'll probably sneak a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Age book in there as well, so stay tuned!

This raffle will run a bit differently, as each customer will receive a free ticket. Each prize will have a cup, and customers will be welcome to purchase as many additional tickets as they'd like, and place them in whichever cups they prefer. Tickets will be $1 a piece.

Several of the CGS stars will be in attendance, and remember CGS listeners receive an additional $5 off their final purchase!

Please visit www.wildpigcomics.com for further details. Many thanks!

Chris, Danielle, Ryan, & the WildPig crew
  • Options
    BonesBones Posts: 4
    Chris,

Do you have in your possession (and available for sale) a copy of the Spider-Man volume 1 omnibus, as discussed on the first spider-man spotlight? As you know, it is currently out of print and I'm trying to find a retailer who will sell me a copy of this work.

By the way, you should be a PERMANENT member of CGS - your thoughtful analysis and cadence is outstanding.

Many thanks for your time. (an old James Bond quote)
  • Options
    Bones, many thanks for the kind words! Alas, I only have a copy in my personal library. Frankly, I'm surprised Marvel kept it out of print what with the release of the new film. As an alternative, I recommend soft cover versions of the Marvel Masterworks series, as they're significantly cheaper than the hardcovers.

Best,
    Chris, WP
  • Options
    All right, y'all, I'm officially in. I just reserved a room at the Kenilworth Inn (two double beds), and I'm looking for a roommate for Friday and Saturday night. If you're interested, please message me.
  • Options
    ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 156
    Hehehe....soon and very soon!!!! Weeeeee!!!!!! I can't wait to see the store.
  • Options
    SUNDAY BONUS RAFFLE! Yup, we've decided to add a second raffle for Sunday, Sept. 16th. Each customer through the door will receive a free ticket on Sunday (includes customers who visited us on Sat.). You may then purchase additional raffle tickets (no limit). Raffle prizes for Sunday will be on display on Sat., so feel free to place your tickets early. Here are the Sunday raffle we've selected items thus far:

-75 Years of DC Comics (yup, the Paul Levitz tome that comes in its own carrying case)
    -Bone One Volume (in color) 20th Anniversary Slipcase edition
    -X-Men Age of Apocalypse Omnibus

Stay tuned, as we hope to post some additional items within the next two weeks!

Sat. raffle note: the G.I. Joe deluxe edition hardcover will not be available by Sept. 15th, so we've called in a substitute: Jack Kirby's Hunger Dogs, the original DC Graphic Novel from the '80s!

Remember, identify yourself as a CGS listener during checkout, and receive an additional $5 off your purchase. Thanks for your support!

Best,
    Chris, Danielle, Ryan & the WildPig Crew
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Good luck with the opening next week Chris and co. sounds like it will be great event. Blast the Atlantic ocean keeping me away!
  • Options
    Luke52 many thanks for the kind words of support! We're adding more goodies to the raffles!

Saturday Raffle (at approximately 3 PM): Batman#123 in Fine condition (circa 1959/Joker app.!)

Sunday Raffle (at approximately 1 PM): Avengers Annual#10 in NM- condition (1st app. Rogue) & Incredible Hulk#340 in NM/M condition (Wolverine app./McFarlane art)

We hope to see many of the CGS faithful a mere 6 days from now!

Thanks,
    Chris, Danielle, Ryan & the WildPig Crew
  • Options
    Oops! I almost forgot that we added yet MORE items to the Sunday raffle:

-Absolute Sandman Vol. 1
    -Batman Long Halloween and Batman Dark Victory Absolute Editions (will be raffled off as a set)
    -New Teen Titans Volume 1 & 2 Omnibuses (will be raffled off as a set)

Thanks Again,
    Chris, Danielle, Ryan, & the WildPig Crew