Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Action Comics Highlights Since 2000

I'm working on an entry for an upcoming comics-based encyclopedia and my topic is "Action Comics since 2000."

Of course, I'm going to cover the new 52 reboot, the Lex Luthor run that began with issue #890, and a few other highlights. I've only got 750 words available. My question to CGS fans is were there any particular runs, issues, storylines that you consider the most important/worthy of mentioning? I just don't want to have left out something glaringly obvious and only think of it once it's too late. Any comments/advice is appreciated!!

Comments

• Options
    Action #775 from 2001 was "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way" which is the basis for the Superman Vs. The Elite DVD. The Geoff Johns/ Gary Frank run from 858-870 which included a Legion and Brainiac story were very good.
  • Options
    Was that emporer joker storyline post 2000?
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    edited September 2012
    To be honest, most of the memorable Action storylines that come to mind were before 2000. I can't think of any past that point, though the Legion story mentioned is a good candidate. (Emperor Joker is one I'd much rather forget.)

On the other hand, now that I think about it -- the current Morrison Action stories have been very good and very memorable.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I can't remember if it was an issue of Action Comics or not but there was an issue where a Kryptonite infected Superman hires Batman to find Lois Lane who is missing. I thought that entire issue was amazing.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Was that emporer joker storyline post 2000?

Emperor Joker was 2000.

And technically shouldn't have happened, as they were supposed to clamp down on Joker appearances.

• Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    Thanks guys! I am also going to include a mention of the period when Mon-El took over the title. Looking over some of the old covers online made me recall the "Chris Kent" era. I actually liked that character (Zod's son) until they aged him up.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited September 2012
    JaxUr said:

Thanks guys! I am also going to include a mention of the period when Mon-El took over the title. Looking over some of the old covers online made me recall the "Chris Kent" era. I actually liked that character (Zod's son) until they aged him up.

I liked both Chris Kent and Mon-El as well.

Only thing is, I was confused when Chris was once again stuck in the Phantom Zone at the story's end.

Explanation is: He had made appearances in other Superman titles, and the conclusion of the story was quite delayed.