Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

SubCulture Webcomic to end in October

Stan Yan and I have decided to end SubCulture with Strip 501, which will post October 11. As such, this current storyline will be our last. We are not saying that there will never be another SubCulture story popping up at some point in the future. However, we both believe that all good things should come to an end, and both Stan and I have other projects in the fire (some of them on my end will become apparent very soon–stay tuned) that we want to spend some time on–we want to move on to do other things. Similarly, sales on our books were never spectacular to begin with, and it was getting to the point that it just wasn’t economically feasible to maintain things at the status quo. We never got that next big “push” as far as hits per day were concerned, although there are plenty of strips out there who are jealous of even our numbers. So putting these things all together, we decided it was time to wrap things up, at least for now.

We hope this last storyline goes out with a bang.

A few caveats:

1. We have every intention to publish Volume 4 of the webstrips in trade paperback form. It will be about double the size of the previous three books and will complete the 501-part story. We also may publish all of the strips between one set of covers–an omnibus, so to speak. We plan on keeping all of the trades in print for the foreseeable future as well, and we undoubtedly will have this stuff available on the site here and at conventions.

2. The website will be maintained. There are no plans to drop the site. So all of the archived strips can still be viewed at any time. Stan and I also may continue to update the blog section of the site to keep everyone up to speed on the latest events.

3. We have very much enjoyed doing this strip for as long as we have. We’ve been working on SubCulture since late 2006, and it started as a webstrip in February 2008–four and a half years and 500 strips is an eternity for webcomics, and we’re happy that you have been reading it and supportive of it for so long to keep it alive oh these many years.

Comments