Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Did he say the X-universe was bigger than the Marvel Universe? But the X-universe exists within the Marvel Universe. How? Wait! Damn, did I walk into a Tardis, again?!
  • random73 said:

Did he say the X-universe was bigger than the Marvel Universe? But the X-universe exists within the Marvel Universe. How? Wait! Damn, did I walk into a Tardis, again?!

every comic book is a TARDIS

• matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    The biggest thing that worked for the comic was seeing your favorite X-men taken out and the hero graveyard so I wonder how they recreate that emotional connection. I see it working with the cast from the first 3 movies but not sure with this cast. But Vaughn nailed it with First Class so let's see what he does.

Also I wonder if they use Sen. Kelly?
  • JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    As someone who has only heard of the storyline's title, what makes it so significant?
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Huh? Really? Neat. So, spoilers. Days of Future Past is a glimpse into a possible future in which the X-men, and mutants in general, have been hunted almost to extinction. Mostly by sentinels but also by enslaved mutant "hounds" (like Rachel Summers) who track mutants for their government masters. This is basically Chris Clairmont adapting The Terminator as an x-men story. The significance is in what it provides as motivation for the characters since its release. The xmen are always struggling to avoid this horrible future fate but bits of it keep coming up (invention of sentinels, mutant registration, etc.) no matter how they try to detour the course of future events.
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited August 2012
    It also gave us a famous X-Cover.

• MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I like this as an idea for the next X:FC movie the more I think about it. You could work some of the cast from the original 3 movies (besides Wolverine & RR's Mystique) into the story.

Things could alter the future, which would "fix" any irregularities between the first 3 movies and X:FC (blame it on a time ripple effect), making this 1 continuity, possibly make up for X-3, and give the original cast one last go-round.

M
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I agree with KyleMoyer this has the potential to make an awesome movie.
  • random73 said:

Huh? Really? Neat. So, spoilers. Days of Future Past is a glimpse into a possible future in which the X-men, and mutants in general, have been hunted almost to extinction. Mostly by sentinels but also by enslaved mutant "hounds" (like Rachel Summers) who track mutants for their government masters. This is basically Chris Clairmont adapting The Terminator as an x-men story. The significance is in what it provides as motivation for the characters since its release. The xmen are always struggling to avoid this horrible future fate but bits of it keep coming up (invention of sentinels, mutant registration, etc.) no matter how they try to detour the course of future events.

One little nitpick.... Days of Future Past came out about four years before The Terminator. I know there was the Harlan Ellison lawsuit over Terminator, but I also can't help but wonder if Cameron (a Marvel comics fan) wasn't at least partially inspired by DoFP also.
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Both DOFP and Terminator (and Twelve Monkeys) were ... influenced ... by La jetée, a French film from 1962.
  • tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Last week we learned Matthew Vaughn had dropped out as director, reportedly to direct Mark Millar's Secret Service for Fox. Now, Bryan Singer has signed on as director, with Vaughn possibly serving as producer.

Deadline
  • GargoyleGargoyle Posts: 199
    Singer needs to get his game back. Rewatched XM:FC recently and it's set a high bar for this movie.
  • spidspid Posts: 203
    I am really disappointed Matthew Vaughn dropped out of the movie. I thought First Class was heads and shoulders above the other films. I do not think think the first two X-Men movies work that well over the long run.