Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Bagged, Boarded and Boxed

2»

Comments

• Options
    I don't think I could ever start cataloging my comics. Just looking at each page and realizing I spent 3 bucks for each and multiply that by 100s or 1000s and then you realize how much money you have spent.
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310

I don't think I could ever start cataloging my comics. Just looking at each page and realizing I spent 3 bucks for each and multiply that by 100s or 1000s and then you realize how much money you have spent.

Wait till you have to buy insurance for them and write it down. It's one of the things that led me to cutting back on new books. When I thought about the older books and stories I could read with that money instead . . .

Still love the hobby though.

• Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    Thanks @Flagwaver . Just got home from Lowes and my LCS. Picked up a shelf unit and a bunch of short boxes. Should keep me busy for a while!
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    For anyone who might be inerested, I use short boxes made by The Miller Company, which I got through TCBulk.com. Most short boxes available in comics shops, made by BCW, are about 15 inches deep. Miller boxes are 17 inches deep, which is what short boxes used to be about fifteen years ago. Like eveything else, things are shrinking but prices stay the same or increase. I had 50 long boxes and after I transferred the books to the short boxes, I had eight empty boxes left of the one hundred I had bought. So, in my opinion, the Miller boxes are superior if you have the space for them. They also fit perfectly on the shelves I got.

http://www.tcbulk.com/scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=148
  • Options
    TobyToby Posts: 91

It is daunting but I started years ago and went hot and heavy at first...
    That went well because I was cataloging already alphabetized stuff then was largely in runs anyway. What is slower is cataloging newer unread, fresh stuff.

I really enjoy the cataloging with comiccollectorlive.com software. ComicCollectorz

my 2 cents.

It tides me over during long dry spells where I am more into collecting and less into reading and vice a versa.

Toby

• Options
    Comic_BreakComic_Break Posts: 17
    edited November 2012
    Thought this might come in handy for someone. Just received this email from Collectorz saying that all their PC and Mac software is half off until Monday.

clz.com/sale