Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

A Speed Force Discourse

As I've been listening to various podcasts I stumbled a flash-centric one and it got me thinking about the speed force. Mainly defining it in current day contuinity. As a long time flash fan my one gripe about the new 52 as well as the flash minis and series after Wally's run is how all the time donated to wally figuring out the speed force seems minimized over the long haul here. Mostly in that it seeks every next speedster has to crack his own personal speed force rules and regulations. Lunch is over so more on this later.

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    What people do during lunch breaks :D

Looking forward to more on this.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I think the whole Speed Force thing was completely overhauled and redefined during Flashpoint so that it ain't today what it used to be.

• Options
    PrilloPrillo Posts: 23

I think the whole Speed Force thing was completely overhauled and redefined during Flashpoint so that it ain't today what it used to be.

That is my understanding as well. It just seems pretty weird that as soon as Wally made all of his speed force revelations he becomes pretty much a non entity in the comics... especially moving into the latest 'verse. Has anyone seen much on the speed force's rules in it's latest iteration? I am still a few issues back on Flash atm. I will try to catch up tomorrow to be more up to date on what I'm talking about.
    I grew up on Barry; and then of course Wally. I still love the change into his own Kid Flash costume. I might have shed a tear when Barry gave his life for the Crisis; but after it was over I had no qualms with Wally taking up the costume. Alas, I digress. I can't wait to explore the speed force with Barry. The whole adding and taking away of speed from objects and the Zen of the speed force Max knew of (where the hell is Max anyways in this new U?) needs to be reintegrated into the latest speedster's repertoire.

Discuss on amigos.