Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

124»

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm looking forward to this so much.

Even if that promo pic was generic as hell.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    That looks horrible. Like a more expensive version of Alphas but with bad actors.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Do you think they will actually use Marvel super heroes/villains, or create characters as they need them? Who is Gunn supposed to be in this?

M
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    oh man i still just dont know. i think they might be over reaching with this. I liked a couple moments but im concerned.
  • Options
    Matt said:

Do you think they will actually use Marvel super heroes/villains, or create characters as they need them? Who is Gunn supposed to be in this?

M

Most think he's Luke Cage, while some think he may be Rage. Someone says they spotted Rage in the flipping comic book pages during the Marvel Studios logo. The flipping pages shown during the logo always feature the characters who are in the movie the logo is attached to.
    WetRats said:

batlaw said:

oh man i still just dont know. i think they might be over reaching with this. I liked a couple moments but im concerned.

Did we watch the same trailer? I'm totally psyched!
    Same here. I think it looks good.
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

Matt said:

M

Most think he's Luke Cage, while some think he may be Rage. Someone says they spotted Rage in the flipping comic book pages during the Marvel Studios logo. The flipping pages shown during the logo always feature the characters who are in the movie the logo is attached to.
    WetRats said:

batlaw said:

Did we watch the same trailer? I'm totally psyched!
    Same here. I think it looks good.
    I hope he's Rage before Luke Cage. He does have that Sweet Christmas look to him.

The clip doesn't look bad, but it doesn't really bold me over. It seems like a bunch of other shows I've already seen. Its basically looking like what I expected the show to be.

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,882
    Rage? Man, that would be a deep pull.

If they do use Rage, they may want to consider giving him a new name.
  • Options
    That extended trailer looks awesome.

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    tazmaniak said:

Rage would be awesome. I'm sceptical they would pull out Luke Cage for a TV show. Plenty of rumours floating around about a Luke Cage film in the pipe... if they want to keep this steeped in the movie universe, I don't think they would want to taint it with something that is established in the TV series. I think we can expect plenty of C and D list characters getting dusted off for the show. Which is fine by me, I'm all about the D list characters!

Can't wait for this to air. I know I'm going to love it.
  • Options
    ABC needs to strongly point out that this show ties in with the Avengers in all their promos.

Sure, I know "Marvel's" in the title, and Coulson is featured, but still, I think that has to be in there.
  • Options

ABC needs to strongly point out that this show ties in with the Avengers in all their promos.

Sure, I know "Marvel's" in the title, and Coulson is featured, but still, I think that has to be in there.

I'd also add it should build toward Avengers 2. That's another hook that could be played. Maybe you don't see the big name actors (which sucks), but there should be a B sub-arch building to the next movie. With Whedon involved in both plots, there isn't a reason why it can't happen.

M
  • Options
    Hex said:

tazmaniak said:

Rage would be awesome. I'm sceptical they would pull out Luke Cage for a TV show. Plenty of rumours floating around about a Luke Cage film in the pipe... if they want to keep this steeped in the movie universe, I don't think they would want to taint it with something that is established in the TV series. I think we can expect plenty of C and D list characters getting dusted off for the show. Which is fine by me, I'm all about the D list characters!

Can't wait for this to air. I know I'm going to love it.
    Luke Cage and Carol Danvers were the co-leads of the Jessica Jones show they were creating, so while I don't believe that's Luke Cage in the trailer, it seems they would be willing to put him on TV.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Cap's Shield, Thor's Hammer, The Hulk and Iron Man shots aren't enough?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I said "all their promos".

I have no idea if the things you listed will be included in more, while I feel Coulson definitely will be featured, with him being in the main cast.
  • Options

WetRats said:

I have no idea if the things you listed will be included in more, while I feel Coulson definitely will be featured, with him being in the main cast.
    I'm pretty sure that by the time this show debuts in the fall, all of the target audience will be *very* aware of the connection.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

I'm pretty sure that by the time this show debuts in the fall, all of the target audience will be *very* aware of the connection.
    I certainly hope so. I feel like the premiere audience of the show will live or die on that.

• Options

WetRats said:

WetRats said:

I certainly hope so. I feel like the premiere audience of the show will live or die on that.
    Four months to go.

Flagship of ABC's new season.

They're gonna promote the [expletive deleted} out of this show.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trailer for it in the theaters before Thor 2.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

WetRats said:

Four months to go.

Flagship of ABC's new season.

They're gonna promote the [expletive deleted} out of this show.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trailer for it in the theaters before Thor 2.
    You're right about promoting hte hell out of it.

That would be cool to see, as far as Thor 2.

Hey, it wouldn't be me if I wasn't so paranoid about a potentially awesome show.
  • Options

Hey, it wouldn't be me if I wasn't so paranoid about a potentially awesome show.

Fair enough!
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    I think it looks awesome. depending on how involved whedon is. my concern is it getting canceled before it finds an audience because of the expense.

Ideally it does lead into Avengers 2 and you are guaranteed at least 2 seasons.
  • Options
    Trev said:

I think it looks awesome. depending on how involved whedon is. my concern is it getting canceled before it finds an audience because of the expense.

I think they could work into all the Marvel Studio movies; Thor, Cap, etc. to strengthen the link, there should be some of these actors in the same role in the movies. References to Coulsen's team at the very least.

M
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Matt said:

Trev said:

I think they could work into all the Marvel Studio movies; Thor, Cap, etc. to strengthen the link, there should be some of these actors in the same role in the movies. References to Coulsen's team at the very least.
    They could include some of the supporting players in the Marvel movies, like Stellan Skarsgård.

• Options
    I betcha there's a high-profile guest appearance/movie crossover during Sweeps.