Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Heroescon 2013

Who's going? Anyone interested in a CGS meetup? I know I'm really looking forward to meeting Pants and Murd.

Comments

• Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    Unfortunately Murd has to cancel going to Heroes Con. I'm still planning on going and having a "Feast of the Pants" at Golden Corral Thursday night.
  • Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    I will be there with my son. No table this year, but scouting for talent and projects.
  • Options
    JoeSergiJoeSergi Posts: 78
    Can i ask a favor from the greatest community in the world. (no pressure :-)

I still haven't decided if I'm going to heroes Con yet this year, but...

McFarland is at Booth 2007-2009 and will have Great Zombies in History (featuring CGS guests me, Rob Anderson, and Dafu Yu as well as a bunch of great creators.)

Please swing by the McFarland Booth (booth 2005-2009) and check out Great Zombies in History. While it would be great if you bought a copy from them (and AWESOME if they sold out), all I'm asking for is for you to show the book some love and attention. ("That looks interesting", "Where can I buy this?", "Great Zombies in History? Wow, I just ordered that off Amazon, but didn't get it yet because it was out of stock, I wish I knew you were going to be here.", etc.)

McFarland is just dipping their foot into the independant graphic novel world and needs as much encouragement as possible to show them that comics are cool and popular. I'm afraid it is going to get lost among their nonfiction books at their stand.

Thanks
    Joe
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Like the cover.
  • Options
    SpiderTazSpiderTaz Posts: 3
    I'm going to be there, but only for Saturday. Looking forward to meeting Pants in person. Also, my buddies Shawn McCauley and Seth Talley will have a table set up for their books (Shadows of Oblivion and Dalrak), so c'mon by and see them!
  • Options
    Rod28Rod28 Posts: 63
    I see the forward is by Arnold Blumberg. I have met and been on a few panels with him at Gally in LA. Very nice and informative guy.
  • Options
    jmpenickjmpenick Posts: 10
    Great show... Appreciate the shout out Pants (& yes, i have listened to all...)... Please more Murd Time Bubble sessions and keep Chris E coming on with the Spotlight. The current roster is really good.

Anyone that wants to go to a straight Comic show - i strongly suggest hitting Hero's next year. Its the best pure comic event I have seen. Thanks again Pants!
  • Options
    StreeboStreebo Posts: 13
    Did anyone get to talk to Jim Steranko?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Streebo said:

Saw him. Couldn't think of anything to say other than "Great hair," which I kept to myself.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    WetRats said:

Streebo said:

Saw him. Couldn't think of anything to say other than "Great hair," which I kept to myself.
    An excellent decision, Stewart. Didn’t know you had it in you. ;)

Good to see you again. Sorry we didn't get to chat longer, but thanks for running interference for me; I needed a break from that guy.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

WetRats said:

Streebo said:

An excellent decision, Stewart. Didn’t know you had it in you. ;)

Good to see you again. Sorry we didn't get to chat longer, but thanks for running interference for me; I needed a break from that guy.
    Being bald since my early twenties, I have an odd mix of awe and resentment at old gentlemen with such luxurious locks.

And yes, oh my, what a paragon of dorkitude that fellow was.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed speaking to Neal Adams.

I came across a quote regarding Alexandre Dumas which I feel could be applied just as well to Mr. Adams: "the most generous, large-hearted being in the world. He also was the most delightfully amusing and egotistical creature on the face of the earth. His tongue was like a windmill — once set in motion, you never knew when he would stop, especially if the theme was himself."
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
  • Options
    jmpenickjmpenick Posts: 10
    Jim Steranko was pretty open to everyone. His booth was never 8-10 people deep. He lost his voice a bit on Saturday - but it didnt stop him for hosting an entertaining panel. the guy is clearly an entertainer at heart. Amazing the impact he had on comics for such a short window of tenure at Marvel.
  • Options
    fxmattfxmatt Posts: 78
    I heard Neal Adams was charging $10 for an autograph. Did anyone get one?

Pants, it was great to meet you at the show. I hope you enjoyed the Cheerwine.
  • Options
    fxmatt said:

I heard Neal Adams was charging $10 for an autograph. Did anyone get one?

Not I.

Lots of folks did, though. Some had STACKS!
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    Found this on Bleeding Cool. I wonder if Pants saw this.

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    The future Mrs. Pants.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

The future Mrs. Pants.

As long as he doesn’t mind taller women. She was very tall, especially with the heels.