Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    If it's the New52 revised version -- big deal.

If it's the pre-Flashpoint version, then I'll be all over it.
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited July 2013
    In the promo art, she looks like a rollergirl.

EDIT: That's intentional:

Conner: I am trying to incorporate my favorite things about her latest look and her early costume. I was also inspired by some roller derby girls that I met a short time ago. I think that look totally works for Harley.
  • PeterPeter Posts: 470
    edited July 2013

What a weird comment. You could, you know, actually READ the article. 8-|
    Peter said:

What an obnoxious comment. You could, you know, actually HAVE some class. :-q
  • PeterPeter Posts: 470
    edited July 2013
    Right. So a comment is made with an obvious feigned ignorance as a way to trash a story, but that's not classless? Hell, you could read the INTRO of the article and know which HQ it is. It's okay - I do obnoxious well. \:D/ Especially in cases where the rush to poo-poo is so strong. What a weird way to react: "HATE HATE HATE! ~X("
    Peter said:

Right. So a comment is made with an obvious feigned ignorance as a way to trash a story, but that's not classless? Hell, you could read the INTRO of the article and know which HQ it is. It's okay - I do obnoxious well. \:D/ Especially in cases where the rush to poo-poo is so strong. What a weird way to react: "HATE HATE HATE! ~X("

After the way beloved characters like Harley have been treated recently, Chuck's reaction is completely understandable.
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    or just premature ejacul....err....evaluation ;)
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    We're DC fans, Peter. We're conditioned to hate it before it's ever printed. :)
    Torchsong said:

We're DC fans, Peter. We're conditioned to hate it before it's ever printed. :)

Saves time.

And money.

To be fair, though, I think Ms. C. & Mr. P. will do a hell of a job with the character and do what they can to obliterate the image of Harley Quim as portrayed of late in video games and Suicide Squad. When I saw them last month in Charlotte, they were nigh-giddy with excitement about a project they couldn't talk about. Now I understand.

Peter said:

I read it immediately after I posted. Now I can shorten my original post to, simply, "Big deal".
    Cynical me, of course, fears that the above-mentioned nigh-giddiness will be crushed under the brutal heel of editorial interference.

Guess I'll trade-wait.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Palmiotti and Conner on this book means that I'll give the first issue or two a shot at the very least. The idea of a derby girl-inspired Harley doesn't hurt, either (we all have our things, you guys :\"> ). I wish we were getting Amanda's artwork inside the book, too, but at least you know the covers will be awesome, and hopefully they'll get an interior art team that complements her style.

I've disliked the New 52 by and large, too, but I'm still hesitant to just dismiss books out of hand if the premises have interesting hooks and/or they have good creative teams.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    No doubt it will be lovely to look at. I haven't been a fan of the Arkham/New 52 costume but I like the roller derby look.

Palmiotti and Conner on this book means that I'll give the first issue or two a shot at the very least. The idea of a derby girl-inspired Harley doesn't hurt, either (we all have our things, you guys :\"> ). I wish we were getting Amanda's artwork inside the book, too, but at least you know the covers will be awesome, and hopefully they'll get an interior art team that complements her style.

I've disliked the New 52 by and large, too, but I'm still hesitant to just dismiss books out of hand if the premises have interesting hooks and/or they have good creative teams.

I dismiss it out of hand simply because I don't like the New52 version of Harley and I'm not interested in seeing what even talented folk like Palmiotti and Conner do with her. Bring back the original Harley and I might pick it up. Otherwise, it's one more DC book that I'll be ignoring.