Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

RIP Dennis Farina, 69

Actor Dennis Farina, former policeman turned actor, known for roles on TV shows like Law & Order and several movies, passed away today. His one comic book connection (that I know of) was supplying the voice for Wildcat on Justice League Unlimited.

cnn.com/2013/07/22/showbiz/dennis-farina-obituary/index.html

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I met Dennis when I was about eleven years old if I remember right. Dennis had a home in my hometown of New Buffalo, Michigan. For a few years I delivered his newspapers, would run into him at the grocery store or find him at Redamak's enjoying a beer and burger. It wasn't often that he was actually at the house when I was delivering the paper but when he was, he would go out of his way to ask me about my day, how school is going, if I had a girlfriend yet, and of course the Chicago sports talk was never in shart supply. It was something that I greatly missed as I grew older.

Dennis was a great person, witty, funny, engaging and generous. I was a fan of Dennis Farina the person long before being a fan of Dennis Farina the actor.

Rest in peace Dennis and thank you.

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Always fun to watch. Loved him as "Cousin Avi" in Snatch.
    Thank you, Mr.Farina, for all the good times. R.I.P.
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    edited July 2013
    Dennis Farina is a favorite of my dad and I. If you have never seen Big Trouble, I urge you to do so, the man is a genius. I will miss seeing him pop up every once in a while, putting a smile on my face. Thank you sir for the joy that you have given to me in my life. RIP
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Some of his best work was very recently in Luck with Dustin Hoffman. He may have had one gear as an actor but he did it well and he did it memorably.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,882
    I always enjoyed him. An actor with a great presence and charm. I got to watch him work a few times, back when I did some background work on Law & Order, and he always seemed like someone that was having a great time, which I think is part of what made him so watchable. RIP
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    He was brilliant in Get Shorty.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Yeah, this is too bad. He was definitely one of my favorite "Oh, hey, it's that guy" actors, and I agree with @WetRats, he was awesome in Get Shorty. That stuff with his nose was both hilarious and painful to watch.