Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Erotic Lives of the Super Heroes... not sure how this guy is avoiding being sued into Oblivion.

The Independant has the story

I can only assume he's not being sued because he may be saying this is a form of commentary.

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I put zero stock into this guy. He's picking specific things (there's no rubber suits with nipples IN the comics) to support something that will give him press. I guess he can overlook prior female relationships to point out something that'll 'sell books.'

And interesting how Morrison makes a comment like that. Didn't he introduce the son & a character named Jezabel Jet?

This seems like one of those facts certain people WANT to be true. Plus, I've seen Bat-Fxxx; he's banging women!

M
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    If you look hard enough you will find something kinky to write about for pretty much any superhero. Yes, even Squirrel Girl. Especially Squirrel Girl! :)
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited August 2013
    It sounds as though he has been able to pull off a "successful" fan-fiction tale.

“Narcissism is his inner abyss. He let his only real love story miserably fail because he is in love with the mystery of youth – that inaccessible, fleeting kind of spirit that he sees in the eyes of his young male and female pick-ups.”

Wait, is he talking about a fictional character's narcissism or... :-/

:-@ There's a reason psychology degrees are so easy to get...
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    fredzilla said:

It sounds as though he has been able to pull off a "successful" fan-fiction tale.

“Narcissism is his inner abyss. He let his only real love story miserably fail because he is in love with the mystery of youth – that inaccessible, fleeting kind of spirit that he sees in the eyes of his young male and female pick-ups.”

Wait, is he talking about a fictional character's narcissism or... :-/

:-@ There's a reason psychology degrees are so easy to get...

Are they though? ARE THEY?
  • Options
    Gay, gay, gay... all day, every day. Even if I WAS gay, I'd be sick of hearing the word gay. Somebody TURN DOWN THE GAY!
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131

Gay, gay, gay... all day, every day. Even if I WAS gay, I'd be sick of hearing the word gay. Somebody TURN DOWN THE GAY!

Haven't you heard though? Gay is the new straight!

:-??
  • Options
    Ah, well, People are going to write what they are going to write. Hopefully it gets only the attention it actually deserves.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

If one were to count, I think you'll find there is still a vast majority of straight to be had. Especially in genres marketed primarily to men, like superheroes.

As for the book in question- somebody in Italy published some slash fiction, and The Independent did a click bait/outrage bait story on it.

To be filed under, "who cares?"
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    David_D said:

If one were to count, I think you'll find there is still a vast majority of straight to be had. Especially in genres marketed primarily to men, like superheroes.

As for the book in question- somebody in Italy published some slash fiction, and The Independent did a click bait/outrage bait story on it.

No one has to care about anything, but its being published in English, available on Amazin and has been mentioned in the HuffPo, Bleeding Cool, The Washington Times and many others.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Planeis said:

David_D said:

No one has to care about anything, but its being published in English, available on Amazin and has been mentioned in the HuffPo, Bleeding Cool, The Washington Times and many others.
    Yes. Because all of those places know click bait when they see it, and know it is an easy way to get some for their own blogs.

The Internet is full of things like this, is my point, and even self-publishers are available on Amazon. That a publisher decided to actually print and sell some may be a step further than most slash that gets shared online but, to me, it is not really a story worth notice.

And I am not surprised that WB's lawyers aren't taking the bait, as a lawsuit, or even a C&D letter is the sort of thing the publisher is probably hoping for to give the book further promotional legs.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    This will go nowhere.
    You really cannot have a good comic book lawsuit without Marc Toberoff involved