Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Justice League 3000 - Now with 100% less Maguire?

Comments

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Oh come on!!!!

DC. Seriously... What is wrong with you!
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    It really feels like the management there is staggeringly incompetent.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
  • Options
    Who wants to join me in a giant melodramatic DC New 52 facepalm?
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I see Bendis responded to him saying he had a book for him to draw. It's about time he did some Marvel work again.
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    It's ridiculous. Between this and the debacle over how many Villain motion covers retailers will actually receive, this has been another awful week for DC. I just can't imagine how much worse it can get at this point.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Elsiebub said:

It's ridiculous. Between this and the debacle over how many Villain motion covers retailers will actually receive, this has been another awful week for DC. I just can't imagine how much worse it can get at this point.

They could still sack Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire....
  • Options
    You guys hear that Porter is taking over the title?

http://www.comicbooknews.co.uk/article/128-Blog-howard-porter-announced-as-new-artist-on-justice-league-3000.html

He is a good fit, but this still sucks.
  • Options
    Wow.

Don't turn your back on Keith Giffen.

:-O
  • Options
    Porter over Maguire? Seriously, I hated, hated, hated his work with Morrison on Justice League. Don't know what they see in him. But, it sure makes it easier to keep ignoring the DC solicits.

chris
  • Options

Porter over Maguire? Seriously, I hated, hated, hated his work with Morrison on Justice League. Don't know what they see in him. But, it sure makes it easier to keep ignoring the DC solicits.

chris

I'm just the opposite -- I loved the Morrison and Porter stories, and thought Porter was a great fit for them. I'm sorry Maguire got yanked, but Porter's addition keeps me interested in picking up this title.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I've come to realize @Chuck_Melville is the opposite of me.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

M

It's like that "Mirror, Mirror" episode of Star Trek.

chris
  • Options
    Matt said:

M

Would that make me the Anti-Matt-itor?
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

M

Would that make me the Anti-Matt-itor?
    If that means I'm hanging out with a hot blonde (I imagine Stacy Keibler), then yes!

M
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    WetRats said:

Wow.

OK. I keep seeing the Giffen quote referenced, but I can't find it. Can someone post the quote, please.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rebis said:

WetRats said:

Wow.

OK. I keep seeing the Giffen quote referenced, but I can't find it. Can someone post the quote, please.
    Giffen:
    "The guy who nailed the character designs on the interior of the book? The guy who teamed with Grant Morrison to make JLA a hit? This is what they call a no-brainer. Welcome aboard Howard. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful collaboration."

Maguire:
    "Apart from the fact that I no longer have a project to promote with them, Giffen’s Newsarama quote, which I’m certain had no intended malice, still kinda stung."
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Mr_Cosmic said:

rebis said:

WetRats said:

Wow.

Giffen:
    "The guy who nailed the character designs on the interior of the book? The guy who teamed with Grant Morrison to make JLA a hit? This is what they call a no-brainer. Welcome aboard Howard. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful collaboration."

Maguire:
    "Apart from the fact that I no longer have a project to promote with them, Giffen’s Newsarama quote, which I’m certain had no intended malice, still kinda stung."
    I don't see that as sticking a knife in his back. He is praising his new partner without burying the other guy. Ex-wives are part of life and I don't see Giffen doing anything that you need to watch your back on. That being said Maguire for Porter is a bad trade. I'm no Porter fan at all.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    shroud68 said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

rebis said:

WetRats said:

Wow.

Giffen:

Maguire:
    I don't see that as sticking a knife in his back. He is praising his new partner without burying the other guy. Ex-wives are part of life and I don't see Giffen doing anything that you need to watch your back on. That being said Maguire for Porter is a bad trade. I'm no Porter fan at all.

That doesn't seem so bad. However, if your the guy getting the boot your probably a bit sensitive to what's being said. Still, Maguire was treated shabbily.
  • Options
    rebis said:

shroud68 said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

rebis said:

WetRats said:

Wow.

Giffen:

Maguire:

That doesn't seem so bad. However, if your the guy getting the boot your probably a bit sensitive to what's being said. Still, Maguire was treated shabbily.

This on the heels of his swiping the 30th Century from Paul Levitz is pretty damn tacky.

If it's not actual backstabbing, it's certainly brown-nosing.
  • Options
    Yeah I don't really think Maguire should have said that. Giffen is just trying to make the best out of a bad situation.
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    Right. Low sales and poor acclaim had nothing to do with the demise of the LSH titles. It was all Giffen swiping it out from under Levitz that caused the cancellations.

8-}
  • Options
    Peter said:

Right. Low sales and poor acclaim had nothing to do with the demise of the LSH titles. It was all Giffen swiping it out from under Levitz that caused the cancellations.

8-}

Who said any of that?
  • Options
  • Options
    shroud68 said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

rebis said:

WetRats said:

Wow.

Giffen:

Maguire:

I do see it as an incredibly insensitive remark. He might mean it as a hype to promote the book and the new artist, but it makes it sound as though the previous artist (Maguire) was trash to be thrown to the streets. I'm not sure of the timing here, but it sounds like this was tweeted before Maguire was informed that he was off the book -- or that the tweet was made without ever contacting Maguire first to offer any sympathies. ("Dude, I'm sorry to hear you got canned, man! We're cool, though, right?")

Rather cold, considering how many times they've worked together in the past.

• Options

shroud68 said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

rebis said:

WetRats said:

Wow.

Giffen:

Maguire:

I do see it as an incredibly insensitive remark. He might mean it as a hype to promote the book and the new artist, but it makes it sound as though the previous artist (Maguire) was trash to be thrown to the streets. I'm not sure of the timing here, but it sounds like this was tweeted before Maguire was informed that he was off the book -- or that the tweet was made without ever contacting Maguire first to offer any sympathies. ("Dude, I'm sorry to hear you got canned, man! We're cool, though, right?")

Rather cold, considering how many times they've worked together in the past.

Precisely.
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    Good rule to think about: your perception is not always reality. No matter how hard you want to paint someone in a negative manner.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Peter said:

Good rule to think about: your perception is not always reality. No matter how hard you want to paint someone in a negative manner.

I find that perception is rarely reality when it comes speculation about the inner workings of this industry. But perception tends to win the day in the end.