Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: X-Men VS Fantastic Four

According to The Motley Fool, Fox are planning a movie based on the Fantastic Four vs. The X-Men comics of 1987. It would be the studio’s crossover for their two chief strands of Marvel superheroes.

STORY LINK

Thoughts from the CGS faithful?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited December 2013
    Hard to get too excited as we haven't seen the new FF movie yet.

I think it seems like an odd pairing...even in comics it's weird for the two groups to meet.

The article says the fight has something to do with the FF's origins..which doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless they are going to do something like Reed's forged journal in the mini series...
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    I'm all for more super heroes meeting up with other super heroes, and I'll be glad to see more of the ever loving blue eyed Thing anywhere but I hope they have a good story in mind so this doesn't look too messy and thrown together.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Krescan said:

I'm all for more super heroes meeting up with other super heroes, and I'll be glad to see more of the ever loving blue eyed Thing anywhere but I hope they have a good story in mind so this doesn't look too messy and thrown together.

As much as I enjoyed Marvel's The Avengers, now I'm concerned its going to lead to too many characters crammed into movies. Every studio with multiple characters will try to cram them all into a movie. Not that I hate a lot of characters on the big screen, but Marvel's was planned out & felt organic.

It'll be like the TV show 'Heroes.' After a whole there's more quantity over quality.

M
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited December 2013
    I am all for '"an" X-Men/FF movie but can we see how the reboot is handled first?
  • Options
    Marvel had a plan and now every one saw the money from Avengers and needs to hop on the train. I think the FF reboot should happen first and then think about a team-up.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    The FF reboot is going to happen first, I think they're just counting chickens before the hatching, if you know what I mean. Planning ahead. Now if Universal will just make a cool Namor movie, all of my fan-boy daydreams will have come true in my lifetime...

• Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623

The FF reboot is going to happen first, I think they're just counting chickens before the hatching, if you know what I mean. Planning ahead. Now if Universal will just make a cool Namor movie, all of my fan-boy daydreams will have come true in my lifetime...

How come Aquaman always gets so much flak but Namor sails by and nobody minds that he has his way with all the blondes in the Marvel U? If Aquaman started putting the moves on Super girl there would be an uprising.

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    That's because we've all come to expect Namor to be a "bad boy" and Aquaman is more of a goodie-two-fins...

[rimshot!]
  • Options
    On a nitpicky aside, if this happens then the rebooted FF will exist in a universe older than the original FF... weird.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    This has potential to be really excellent. I do think i'd rather see one movie that introduces the FF before the crossover.