Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News/Rumors: NEW MUTANTS

20th Century Fox CEO Tom Rothman Hints at NEW MUTANTS Movie in the Works

The news comes courtesy of Collider, who had the chance to interview Fox CEO Tom Rothman at CinemaCon this week. Although he didn’t come right out and confirm a New Mutants movie, he was certainly not denying any of the possibilities being inferred. Here’s how the conversation went:
Collider: I know you guys have like The New Mutants and a lot of characters in the X-Men universe. Obviously you guys are moving forward on an X-Men sequel, you’re moving forward on Wolverine, do you envision New Mutants or some of these other characters as franchises that the door can be open to? It does seem to me that the superhero genre is bigger than it’s ever been, and you guys have some of the crown jewels.

Rothman: (smiles) Yes.

Collider: When can fans expect an announcement on some of these other properties? Before Comic-Con, after Comic-Con, at Comic-Con?

Rothman: In the summer.

Collider: Are you talking to filmmakers right now?

Rothman: Let me just say this. All I have to say is, I agree with you in your assessment of the potential in a lot of these characters.

The New Mutants are a group of “teenaged mutant superheroes-in-training” that have had a number of different line-ups over the years. Typically they have been very racially diverse, with previous members including Karma, a 19-year-old Vietnamese girl who can possess other people’s bodies, Sunspot, a Brazilian who gained superhuman strength in sunlight, and Surge, a Japanese girl who can absorb and release electricity. There have been three different incarnations of the team since their creation in the 1980s.
What do you think, would you be interested in a New Mutants movie?

Comments