Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel has films mapped out until 2028

Man.

I'm gonna have to start taking better care of myself.

Comments

• Options
    And Disney wants them to start cranking out 4 a year too ...
  • Options
    I'm curious how the Spiderman/Xmen/Fantastic Four rights work. Do Fox and Sony own them in perpetuity as long as they bang out a movie every x years? Or at some point does the deal come to an end and they revert back to Marvel?
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I'm with Stu...I'm gonna have to hit the gym and eat my veggies more often...
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Take you pick...
  • Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94
    Man, after 14 more years of multiple Marvel movies per, and discounting any Spider-Man, X-Man, or Fantastic Four-centric characters, they're not going to miss many.

"Hypno-Hustler? Yeah, he showed up in Stilt-Man III."
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Whirlwind said:

Man, after 14 more years of multiple Marvel movies per, and discounting any Spider-Man, X-Man, or Fantastic Four-centric characters, they're not going to miss many.

Meanwhile, DC/WB could've done this over a decade ago & moved the date for the Man of Steel sequel, what twice?!

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Matt said:

Whirlwind said:

Meanwhile, DC/WB could've done this over a decade ago & moved the date for the Man of Steel sequel, what twice?!

M
    I think MOS 2 is now slated for 2028.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445

I'm curious how the Spiderman/Xmen/Fantastic Four rights work. Do Fox and Sony own them in perpetuity as long as they bang out a movie every x years? Or at some point does the deal come to an end and they revert back to Marvel?

As far as I have heard, they have a rider that they keep the movies as long as they keep them active.

So, Mark Millar is going to keep laughing while his rolls around in big piles of Rupert Murdoch's money.

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2014
    I wonder how many Spider-man movies are they going to make by 2028? Sony doesn't have any other heroes so they have to make a Sinister Six movie. I guess Venom could work but staying in the Spider-verse can be limiting. Will they reboot or use Miles?
  • Options

I wonder how many Spider-man movies are they going to make by 2028? Sony doesn't have any other heroes so they have to make a Sinister Six movie. I guess Venom could work but staying in the Spider-verse can be limiting. Will they reboot or use Miles?

Screw Miles. Miguel is what will bring me back to the theaters for a Spider-man movie!!

M
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited April 2014
    Matt said:

Screw Miles. Miguel is what will bring me back to the theaters for a Spider-man movie!!

M
    Bite your tongue about Miles Morales! But actually, I'd really dig a Spider-Man 2099 movie too. I picked up the first 10 issues a while back for $5. They were a fun read.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

Matt said:

M
    Bite your tongue about Miles Morales! But actually, I'd really dig a Spider-Man 2099 movie too. I picked up the forst 10 issues a while back for $5. They were a fun read.
    When Spidey is written by Bendis I lose interest. I find his dialogue of the character to be annoying for my tastes.

M
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited April 2014

2099!!!!

(Edit: didn't even read the other comments. Guess we know what the fans want)
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Does this mean we may get a Howard the Duck sequel?
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    After Avengers 3, all Marvel movies will be titled "Marvel Team Up"
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Whirlwind said:

Okay, fans, place yer bets!

Who get's their solo film first, Wonder Woman or Stilt-Man?

Keep in mind, Marvel has already put a Racoon with a machine gun AND Doc Samson in their films.
  • Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94
    And Man-Thing's ex-wife. Can't forget that pivotal character.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited April 2014
    Never mind. I need to learn to read.