Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1478 Talkback - Comic Talk...Eventually

2»

Comments

• Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    JDick said:

More Rios!

Seconded.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    @adam_murdough Ah yes thanks for reminding me about the Strangers in Paradise specials!!

I've just finished the second pocket book and I'm enjoying them immensely.

• Options
    SamirDaveSamirDave Posts: 21
    Welcome back guys, great hearing you again. Especially loved Murd's rendition of one of my favorites....the Jet Jaguar song! ^:)^
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

More Pants!

ditto.
  • Options
    NKQNKQ Posts: 24
    I loved Jamie D's take on being the producer but with this episode, I realized how much I missed Pant's sense of humor. All that Letterman has rubbed off on Pants.

How about having revolving producers within the current cast? That would spread out the work and give each episode a personalized spin. I realize you need some continuity in terms of structure but adding each cast members personality to the production would be interesting.
  • Options
    BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    Wonderful hearing all of your voices again, following last week's heartbreak. It really is so comforting just listening to you guys talk about anything. Though Murd's chat about _Strangers In Paradise_ has indeed prompted me to consider tackling this legendary saga as well. So double-cool.

Anyway… of course we understand that episodes might not come out so regularly from now on. It's a tough job making 60-80 minutes of topical podcasting seem so effortless - and it's not like you don't have day jobs! Your audience is just thrilled that CGS will continue in any fashion and at any rate.
  • Options
    ChrisMurrinChrisMurrin Posts: 256

I'm saving my shekels for a near future release of Murd's album "Seventies Kaiju Grooves". Good stuff.

"Hey, man, is that Murdough Rock?"

"Yeah, man."

"Well turn it UP, man!"

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    And in case you're wondering what the words to the Jet Jaguar song mean in English...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cxV8Bf8ND4

:D
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Despite everything that lead to it, it was a very enjoyable episode. It was a treat to hear Peter and Pants again and I hope we do get to hear them pop in every once in a while.

Also, if looking for new cons how about Special Edition: NYC next month or the Asbury Park Con (when they have it again). At least flying won't be a concern in getting to those two.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    I don't comment that much, but this episode had me thinking lots of different things to certain geeks:

@Pants‌, I stopped by Fanfare on my way home from the Motor City Con, if you stop by the store you can look in person at all of the art. It's a sweet sweet store in Kalamazoo Michigan.

@Peter, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez was actually at the Motor City Con I was at! I got an awesome Flash for only $40! Next year if you want to go let me know, I usually have to go by myself, so it would be free for you since I always get a hotel anyway. He was the nicest guy, very quiet and mild mannered. Honored I got to meet him.

On the topic of Once Upon a Time, initially I was like you guys, thinking they added too many characters. Then I thought about it a little more, and comics really aren't much different. In the Avengers the cast is rotating all the time, new villains every few issues, couldn't you really say they keep throwing more characters in just because? Granted a lot of comic characters have already been developed for decades and may not need backstories, etc., but they aren't that different I suppose.

Also, I mentioned to my wife the Frozen characters were coming into OUAT, she freaked out and started telling everyone she knows, so by my count they are picking up at least six new viewers just from people I know. Brilliant move by Disney since Frozen is SO huge right now.
  • Options
    wuchmeewuchmee Posts: 16
    Wonderful to hear Pants and Peter on the episode. With Adam and Shane, there's a nice four-way balance of voices and POVs.

Whatever frequency the show adopts from here on out, I gently suggest a sensical rotation of hosts, and/or producers, as NKQ suggested above. This to keep it fresh for yourselves.

X-Men:DoFP is coming soon, and with it, a review episode I hope!.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    wuchmee said:

Wonderful to hear Pants and Peter on the episode. With Adam and Shane, there's a nice four-way balance of voices and POVs.

Whatever frequency the show adopts from here on out, I gently suggest a sensical rotation of hosts, and/or producers, as NKQ suggested above. This to keep it fresh for yourselves.

X-Men:DoFP is coming soon, and with it, a review episode I hope!.

I've already got my ticket.

M
  • Options

Matt said:

Two words that turn Adam away:

"Dark" & "Modern-take"

Like a basket of eggs repels a Nome. ~:>

(That's an Oz, ah say, an Oz reference, son. Pay attention, ah'm tryin' ta learn ya somethin'!)
    Very amused how I was able to get the second reference but not the Oz one.

Also, I'm waiting for Murd's Rhino Records release. I caught myself starting to sing along with the Jet Jaguar song so I'm sure I'll enjoy the rest of his album
  • Options
    bats00 said:

Matt said:

"Dark" & "Modern-take"

(That's an Oz, ah say, an Oz reference, son. Pay attention, ah'm tryin' ta learn ya somethin'!)

Also, I'm waiting for Murd's Rhino Records release. I caught myself starting to sing along with the Jet Jaguar song so I'm sure I'll enjoy the rest of his album
    Wait, a Rhino Records release or a RHINO! Records release? :)
  • Options
    Nick said:

bats00 said:

Matt said:

"Dark" & "Modern-take"

I can't believe I forgot about that!......I mean, that was intentional. Yeah thats the ticket!
  • Options
    Royal_LanternRoyal_Lantern Posts: 291
    bats00 said:

Nick said:

bats00 said:

Matt said:

"Dark" & "Modern-take"

I can't believe I forgot about that!......I mean, that was intentional. Yeah thats the ticket!
    And he'll record with....Morgan Fairchild....yeah...
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

bats00 said:

Nick said:

bats00 said:

Matt said:

"Dark" & "Modern-take"

And he'll record with....Morgan Fairchild....yeah...
    Who, just happens to be my girlfriend.

yep. it's true.
  • Options
    bats00 said:

Nick said:

bats00 said:

Matt said:

"Dark" & "Modern-take"

When I saw ASM 2 and the Rhino was on screen the Murd "RHINO!" shot into my head immediately. Funny how different things get stuck in your head and never come out!
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Loved this episode. With both Peter and Pants there it felt like I stepped into a time machine and went back a few years. As someone said above, if the burden on any one person is too big, why not spread the producer duties around a bit? And as someone else said, it was nice to get the 4 distinct takes on television and comics-related stuff. Wow, I live in Japan and this is the first I've heard of this Jet Jaguar! I've even seen a couple of those old Godzilla movies....hmm. It was interesting to investigate him on Youtube. Some other things I agree with are two points brought up concerning Pants' physical condition: 1) Yes, walking would be a good start! Why don't you join the Jamie's Avengers and walk with the folks who are walking? 2) Yeah, cutting back on the high carbs (especially breads) would probably be better than totally cutting out the red meat.
    Another Pants suggestion is that since you have Deceive the D's lined up already, why not try them out on Pants? He was the TV buff in the past... Another suggestion to Pants was good!: Peter's advice on how to get started organizing a comic collection has already born fruit for me here in Japan. I had approximately 14 long boxes somewhat loosely alphabetized and not in any kind of numerical or chronological order. Since January I've been organizing somewhat backwards (XYZ), the (TUVW), (PQRS), etc...about one box a weekend and taking out comics I plan to give away or discard so when I filled all the boxes I'd know how much more I want to get rid of (I have limited space, only room for about 10 boxes). The point is, not counting weekends I wasn't home, I got the job done just last week and my tatami room has never been so clear (except when I first moved in). One box or one pile, a weekend Pants! You can do it!