Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Did anyone see "The Strain" last night?

Comments

• Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    It was derivative. No spark of Del Toro despite his direction and screenplay. Seen it all before
  • Options
    I read the book after the first episode and it was pretty close to the story line. The show has followed very true to the book with some slight variations, but I found it to be slow and not very exciting. Most of the show in my opinion had a few neat scenes but overall is boring as well. Yet I return very week to watch another episode. The acting is meh. The effects are fairly well done. Just not that scary. Perhaps it needs different pacing. Maybe slow it down to a more body snatchers feel of who is infected and who is not. Who can I trust. Build up the character relationships and get to really care for them and then add some freaky scene or moment to remind all that something is going down. With all that, the last episode that featured a lot of the concentration camp story had some pretty creepy moments from the masters underling, I forget his name. He is my favorite so far and the Russian pest controller Vasily.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    My wife and I have been watching and enjoying it. It is taking a loooonnnggg time to get the vampire-fighting gang together. This most recent episode was one of the best, for sure. Vasily is our favorite.

For a 3rd tier cable channel, The Strain has been a MUCH better summer show than Extant on CBS. We tried watching that for a few weeks -- boring, has terrible acting, and far too many 'ideas' (robot children? aliens? hallucinations? evil corporations?)
  • Options
    I'm watching it on a weekly basis and enjoying it. It has taken a while to get the ball rolling, but maybe it needs to... Not sure if they could sustain the story for more than a season if it was faster paced.