Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Rumored: Female Led Sony Superhero Movie

I can't reveal much of anything, because my source could get in trouble. BUT....

The rumor is that Sony is developing a FEMALE LED superhero movie to be released in 2017. Rumored characters are Black Cat, Silver Sable, Spider-Woman, Firestarter (which I think means Firestar...unless Firestarter is a character I've never heard of) or Stunner.

(PS: I know this was a rumor about a month ago as well, but something recently happened that might have just confirmed that it's moved past the script stage...)

React.

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited September 2014

"YESSSS! STILL GOT IT!" ;)
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited September 2014
    Also, if they are going to announce a movie starring Stunner (who I had to Google to even know who that is, I guess she was Doctor Octopus' girlfriend when he decided he liked younger ladies?) I will eat my hat.

(I don't wear hats much. But I will buy one. And eat it.)
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited September 2014
    Since I saw a "Felicia" was in ASM2, I know Sony owns the rights to her. I'd say its not too much of a stretch to lump Silver Sable with the Spider-verse rights Sony owns. They probably have the rights to Stunner, but even i had to stop for a moment to recall who she was...and I read all her initial appearances. It seems too obsure a character. I don't think they own the rights to Spider-woman (provided its Jessica Drew), Firestarter, or Firestar.

M
  • Options
    It's a Spider-Woman movie. That's the only one that makes sense to me. Fully expect it to be based on the Bendis/Luna Brothers Spider-Woman: Origins miniseries from a few years back as well.

All conjecture on my part of course, but that seems like it would be the deal.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited September 2014

It's a Spider-Woman movie. That's the only one that makes sense to me. Fully expect it to be based on the Bendis/Luna Brothers Spider-Woman: Origins miniseries from a few years back as well.

I'm willing to wager you're right, unless it's the long delayed Dazzler movie ~ but she's an X-Man, right? :)
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

Didn't read it but if it makes reference to Hydra they'll have to change that bit.

• Options
    If it's up to the high quality of the last Amazing Spider-Man movie, I'll be sure to miss it.