Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Iron Man 4 In the Works. No Wait, Nevermind. Wait! It's Back On! No, No It's Not.

GregGreg Posts: 1,946
RDJ "confirms" Iron Man 4 is in the works.

With all the back and forth on IM4, I'll wait to see something more official.

Comments

• Options
    RickMRickM Posts: 407
    If they let RDJ and Paltrow do the cutesy banter improv stuff for more than one scene I'm gonna scream.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    This a bit like barganing with the Fae. Stricktly speaking the statement may be "true" but what does that mean, exactly? Iron man 4 is in the works but does that mean RDJ is appearing at Tony Stark/Iron Man in said film?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    RickM said:

If they let RDJ and Paltrow do the cutesy banter improv stuff for more than one scene I'm gonna scream.

I love the cutesy banter improv stuff.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

RickM said:

Especially when Paltrow looks confused & semi-irritated.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

RickM said:

Especially when Paltrow looks confused & semi-irritated.

M
    *sigh* Yes. She is so adorable then. :x
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Will Iron Man be in it?
  • Options
    RDJ is already pulling back on his statement.
  • Options
    Greg said:

RDJ is already pulling back on his statement.

That's what I thought, since he was asked point blank on Stern yesterday and said that Iron Man would be in more movies, but there wasn't any deal in place for a 4th movie.

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    See? Talking to RDJ is like talking to the Fae. http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=123781
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    edited October 2014
    This is why I can't get hyped for hype. Haha. I'll just wait until I see a trailer. I also find it amusing that on yahoo and comic news sites, there's one story saying he confirmed, and then a new story retracting the previous article. Next time, if it doesn't come from a studio, don't report it! Haha.
  • Options
    Just listened to RDJ's interview on Stern from yesterday. He said all negotiations for future appearances are done. He said no IM4.
    http://youtu.be/P6EmitFutLE

M
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    In a month or so we'll get somebody saying it's in the works, or its confirmed again with or without RDJ.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    I agree, @Greg. They wouldn't leave that much money on the table. Although I've been thinking it might be IRON MAN 4: THE WAR MACHINE if RDJ isn't on-board.
  • Options
    AxelBrass said:

I agree, @Greg. They wouldn't leave that much money on the table. Although I've been thinking it might be IRON MAN 4: THE WAR MACHINE if RDJ isn't on-board.

Or a young Stark from an alternate timeline who hasn't become corrupted & was inspired to be called Iron Man from the song!

M
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Matt said:

AxelBrass said:

Or a young Stark from an alternate timeline who hasn't become corrupted & was inspired to be called Iron Man from the song!

M
    Isn't that crossing the boundaries of good taste?
  • Options
    Matt said:

AxelBrass said:

M

Matt said:

AxelBrass said:

M
    Isn't that crossing the boundaries of good taste?
    8-|
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    I should have copied the link when I saw the story. Forgive me.

There was an article this morning about RDJ doing IM4 if Mel Gibson directs. Seems that RDJ feels that since Gibson's booze fueled racist rantings, Hollywood has given Gibson the cold shoulder. RDJ feels that Gibson is a great director and that he should be given another chance.
  • Options
    RDJ wouldn't be doing such an aggressive tour of the chat show circuit if something wasn't in the works.

It could just be pre-pre-hype for Avengers 2, but it smells like something else is in the works and will be announced this weekend at NYCC.
  • Options
    rebis said:

I should have copied the link when I saw the story. Forgive me.

There was an article this morning about RDJ doing IM4 if Mel Gibson directs. Seems that RDJ feels that since Gibson's booze fueled racist rantings, Hollywood has given Gibson the cold shoulder. RDJ feels that Gibson is a great director and that he should be given another chance.

It's addressed in that Stern interview. At the end he said there isn't an IM4. The interview was10/7/14.

M
  • Options
    WetRats said:

RDJ wouldn't be doing such an aggressive tour of the chat show circuit if something wasn't in the works.

It could just be pre-pre-hype for Avengers 2, but it smells like something else is in the works and will be announced this weekend at NYCC.

He's a producer on The Judge. RDJ also stated he loves doing the promo tours.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

He's a producer on The Judge. RDJ also stated he loves doing the promo tours.

M
    I'm sure he does, but these shows are notoriously non-spontaneous. The host has a list of subjects to ask about, and the guests know what subjects are going to be discussed, and have time to prepare their responses. Things don't just "slip out" on Ellen or Stern. This is highly-orchestrated PR.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    edited October 2014
    I think it's just that everyone asks him in every interview about it.

My guess is that at the NYCC, they'll be announcing a slate of Marvel "Phase 3" movies...
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    Yeah, what a schizophrenic about-face.

I was pretty sure there wouldn't be an Iron Man 4.

Then again, the third movie was like the 4th highest grossing movie of all time. Seems to me like Disney should strongly consider doing it.

Personally, I've not watched any of them since the first one, which didn't really thrill me nearly as much as it did most other people. I like RDJ's Tony Stark in a supporting role in Avengers, though.

Pretty much the only kinda thing that would get me to see an Iron Man 4 would be something like Mel Gibson directing it. That would be weird and awesome. Then again, I can't imagine Mel Gibson directing a superhero movie.
  • Options
    ChrisMurrinChrisMurrin Posts: 256
    edited October 2014
    My prediction is that Tony Stark dies in Avengers 3, another Marvel movie comes out in 2019, with a credits sequence introducing the previously-unknown brother of Tony Stark, Arno, and in 2020 we get Iron Man 2020!

And my copy of Machine Man #2 goes way up in value.
  • Options

My prediction is that Tony Stark dies in Avengers 3, another Marvel movie comes out in 2019, with a credits sequence introducing the previously-unknown brother of Tony Stark, Arno, and in 2020 we get Iron Man 2020!

And my copy of Machine Man #2 goes way up in value.

I did think the death would happen (& he'd be the Jarvis to Vision), but didn't he nearly die in Avengers?

M