Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Late to the Party: Comics that have come and gone but you just read.

13»

Comments

• Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    I've been reading DnA's Marvel Cosmic stuff for quite a while now, but I'm finally to the point where I nearly have a complete run. So, reading what I've just picked up--interspersed with REreading the issues I've already gathered--has made for quite a great reading experience. The Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest stuff is all fantastic. Along with Keith Giffen, they really created a very cohesive line of books and stories. It seems like every forthcoming issue that I read will reinforce and enhance my enjoyment of what I've already read.

The Nova series, in particular, though... WOW, WHAT A GREAT SERIES. I had read an issue or two years ago, and at the time I enjoyed it but also thought it seemed kinda like a derivative of Johns' Green Lantern stuff. But now I think it's way better. Johns' GL was a very good, very enjoyable run, but DnA's Nova seems to have more depth or something. Maybe it's a mistake to compare the two, but right now I'm just really digging that Nova series.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited December 2014
    I finally got around to reading a trade I'd bought for cheap and put on the shelf. The book is Superman Red Son and I think it's one of the best Superman tales I've read in years. In this Elseworlds tale, baby Kale-El's rocketship crash-lands on Earth, but it doesn't land in America. He is raised in a collective in the Soviet Union.

Mark Millar's story is clever and tightly written. And just twisted enough to still be interesting, but still true to the original source mythology of Superman. Highly recommended. Even if you find Superman to be "boring."

The way they incorporate Green Lantern's origin is worth the cover price. (I got it for $3 on eBay!)
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    I picked up the $1 Pretty Deadly (Image). Loved it. I asked my guy at the LCS about the title. Turns out there are a number of trades. How did I miss this book?
  • Options
    Not too old, but I only just read Batman Zero Year the first 4 issues / trade. I really enjoyed it so I ordered the second trade too!