Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New York Comic Con

Is anyone planning on going to NYCC this year and need someone to split a hotel?

Comments

• Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    I'm going..but no hotel needs, sorry! Anyone else going?
  • Options
    I'll be there! But I'll be commuting in and/or staying with people in the city
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    I'm going but just on Thursday so no hotel for me either.
  • Options
    mistermister Posts: 9
    I'm going with my family tomorrow! Will CGS be there?

Also, it's my first con. I want to get some sketches done. Are there long lines? Do I gotta bring my own paper? Expensive?
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    mister said:

Bryan and myself will be at the show on Sunday, but not for very long. We don't have a booth so we're just wandering around.
  • Options
    Pants said:

mister said:

Bryan and myself will be at the show on Sunday, but not for very long. We don't have a booth so we're just wandering around.

Hopefully I will see you guys!
  • Options
    didn't see you guys, but the con was great! this is my reaction from my other post

"Hey! I parked at a lot near the con! it was great! the con was so much fun! a LOT to do! i missed out on my Humberto Ramos sketch, so that'll have to wait until another time. BUT, my kids and I got a GREAT sketch from Duncan Rouleau, from Man of Action Studios, of Ben 10!

We also met Cary Elwes, of Princess Bride fame, and my kids met Jeff Kinney, from Diary of a Wimpy Kid! Cary Elwes is SUPER nice. He was going on and on about my kids!

I'd love to get more sketches and have a chance to buy more TOYS... but I think I can probably find them online.

I think next year, if we go, we gotta do like 2 days.

Thanks for the help, guys!"
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    mister said:

didn't see you guys, but the con was great! this is my reaction from my other post

"Hey! I parked at a lot near the con! it was great! the con was so much fun! a LOT to do! i missed out on my Humberto Ramos sketch, so that'll have to wait until another time. BUT, my kids and I got a GREAT sketch from Duncan Rouleau, from Man of Action Studios, of Ben 10!

We also met Cary Elwes, of Princess Bride fame, and my kids met Jeff Kinney, from Diary of a Wimpy Kid! Cary Elwes is SUPER nice. He was going on and on about my kids!

I'd love to get more sketches and have a chance to buy more TOYS... but I think I can probably find them online.

I think next year, if we go, we gotta do like 2 days.

Thanks for the help, guys!"

That's fantastic! Glad you brought your kids, and that you all had a good experience. And this time, next year you go to NYCC or another con, you'll be an old pro at it.
  • Options
    David_D said:

That's fantastic! Glad you brought your kids, and that you all had a good experience. And this time, next year you go to NYCC or another con, you'll be an old pro at it.

honestly, i do feel like a pro! and out of the 5 things i had scheduled to do, i basically only did 2... waiting in lines is not fun ;)

but, i learned a lot, saw a lot of great cosplay, and had a blast. my whole family did. i'll have to get my Saiyan Scouter next year, or online, but all in all, it was great. definitely need to do more days!

recommend any other cons in the area?
  • Options
    @Torchsong‌ did you say your wife was going as a Sharknado? Because unless there was more than one (possible) she made the "best" list on io9