Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Spider-Man & MJ Teaser

GregGreg Posts: 1,946

Do not toy around with my emotions like this Marvel.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2014
    I think it all goes back to the Secret War event next year. This seems to be a world where the Parker's baby wasn't forgotten about and Joe Q didn't ax the marriage.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I think it all goes back to the Secret War event next year. This seems to be a world where the Parker's baby wasn't forgotten about and Joe Q didn't ax the marriage.

I would like to visit that world.
  • Options
    That would be the book that got me to read ASM again. Too bad it's just a Secret Wars tie-in (probably). But maybe like Spider-Gwen this will be popular enough to spin off.
  • Options
    I'm going to buy whatever this is and I'm going to feel like a complete tool but I don't care. I need this. Damn you, Marvel! You win!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    ..........I don't have the words. Take my money Marvel. Just....take it. I submit. You win. I want this now.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Please let this mean what I hope (pray?) is means.
    The "under-the-rug" Spider-baby is one of my biggest gripes with Marvel. The subplot that has never been addressed (properly). I hope this finally gives us some closure.

+ it sure is nice to see MJ and Peter together again.
  • Options
    Just when the Quesada wounds have begun to finally heal, Marvel goes and rips off the scab with this...

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    okay, so we are seeing several promos that re-visit previous story lines. Is this part of Hickman's collapsing alterntate universes? What i've heard referred to as Marvel's Crisis on infinite earths. Is this a chance to shake up the marvel U and revisit some old concelts or reset the status quo by cherry picking favorite (for some) iterations of characters?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    random73 said:

okay, so we are seeing several promos that re-visit previous story lines. Is this part of Hickman's collapsing alterntate universes? What i've heard referred to as Marvel's Crisis on infinite earths. Is this a chance to shake up the marvel U and revisit some old concelts or reset the status quo by cherry picking favorite (for some) iterations of characters?

Spoiler alert!!

Yes. Maybe. We don't know. Put your money on the counter...
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318

random73 said:

Spoiler alert!!

Yes. Maybe. We don't know. Put your money on the counter...
    I'm intrigued.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Same here. All of this is very intriguing to me.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Yeah, Marvel isn't being clear about this. What we do know is that Hickman is writing a Secret War event in 2015. Marvel released an image of Avengers from different timelines fighting with the title "Secret War." Then they began releasing teasers of past events (House of M, Planet Hulk, etc) with "Summer 2015" on each one. A lot of people are connecting these to the Secret War story...though I don't believe it's been confirmed.

• Options
    I think it's all related to "Time Runs Out" and will involve a soft reboot of the Marvel universe. Several stories of late have alluded to how all the time travel / dimension hopping has damaged the very fabric of the universe, and may end up being the end result of the Illiminati's attempts to stop the "incursions" in New Avengers.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

..........I don't have the words. Take my money Marvel. Just....take it. I submit. You win. I want this now.

Agreed! Bring back the Spider-Baby!!!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Just when the Quesada wounds have begun to finally heal, Marvel goes and rips off the scab with this...

http://youtu.be/GtkST5-ZFHw

M
  • Options
    Looks like this is all leading to one big prelude to a cross continuity event for Secret Wars. Very interesting.