Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1527 Talkback - Trivia Showdown!

In what we hope will become an annual tradition, a gaggle of Geeks gather to pass an evening in the time-honored fan practice of competitive comics trivia! Which Geeks will win bragging rights--and which questions can YOU answer that they can't?? Find out in this fun-filled episode, emceed by CGS quizmaster Peter Rios! (1:35:48)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    I only just started listening to the episode, but then had to stop because my daughter came home sick from school. I had to post real quick here though about my disappointment in you guys missing a Rom question right off the bat. Hehehe :P I guess it can't be everyone's favorite nostalgia title full of 80s comic goodness. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the epic battle. Oh and Murd may want to brush up on his Rom for one reason or another.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Rom trivia... :D

• Options
    Really great episode. I love these and think maybe you guys should do them 2 or 3 times a year. I was on a roll for quite awhile, then missed a few and probably ended up knowing half the answers overall including all 20 characters on the hero side for the final question. Also anyone who hasn't read Secret Wars needs to get on that post haste ... wouldn't want to get you comic podcaster license revoked.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Thanks for that episode..it was a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Another great trivia episode, too bad Brian Deemer wasn't able to appear.

Pants....I'm looking around and I don't see ANY superheroes around here.

Jason
    Proudly posting from Sheboygan, Wisconsin!
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I'm saving this so that I can just sit and soak it all in.

BTW - I came across a Marvel "Trivia Box" at Wal-Mart some time ago for $6. A colleague and I recently started a comic book club for our students at our school and for a couple of meetings we've had trivia challenges where the students try their best to out trivia me. The questions/answers are probably too basic for the Geeks, but it's great fun and knowledge building for the kids. I'm also shocked at just how much knowledge I have in Marvel history. They also have other boxes available. I snagged a TV Walking Dead as well.

• Options
    Loved the episode. Of course, I only get about 5 questions correct, but it's fun learning new tidbits of information. As always, impressed by the Geeks' knowledge.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    Kick ass episode.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Well, that was fun! I liked how the control of the "board" changed sides several times. I think I got around 7 questions right. I thought it was really funny how Murd got some upset about getting a creators' type question vs. a characters question. I also liked how the members who didn't contribute to certain questions were singled out by saying "Good job, _________." or "Thanks for your help, ____________."
  • Options
    You guys should Kickstarter this trivia game for the rest of us. You know enough people to get art. Deemer knows the board game scene to know who to contact. I want a copy for me and my friends. You could sell expansions down the road for new material or a crisis specific set.