Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

DC's Convergence

These are the two issue books that are also known as the Band-Aid while the DC offices move from New York to LA.

Title Writer
JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA Dan Abnett
INFINITY INC. Jerry Ordway
DETECTIVE COMICS Len Wein
ACTION COMICS Justin Gray
WORLD’S FINEST COMICS Paul Levitz
CRIME SYNDICATE Brian Buccellato
BLUE BEETLE Scott Lobdell
SHAZAM Jeff Parker
PLASTIC MAN AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS Simon Oliver
BOOSTER GOLD Dan Jurgens
SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL Louise Simonson
BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT Larry Hama
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL Ron Marz
CATWOMAN Justin Gray
SUPERGIRL: MATRIX Keith Giffen
SUPERBOY Fabian Nicieza
AQUAMAN Tony Bedard
SUICIDE SQUAD Frank Tieri
GREEN LANTERN/PARALLAX Tony Bedard
GREEN ARROW Christy Marx
BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS Marc Andreyko
ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN Marv Wolfman
WONDER WOMAN Larry Hama
THE FLASH Dan Abnett
SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES Stuart Moore
GREEN LANTERN CORPS David Gallaher
SWAMP THING Len Wein
JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA Fabian Nicieza
HAWKMAN Jeff Parker
NEW TEEN TITANS Marv Wolfman
SUPERMAN Dan Jurgens
THE ATOM Tom Peyer
BATGIRL Alisa Kwitney
NIGHTWING/ORACLE Gail Simone
SPEED FORCE Tony Bedard
TITANS Fabian Nicieza
JUSTICE LEAGUE Frank Tieri
QUESTION Greg Rucka
BATMAN & ROBIN Ron Marz
HARLEY QUINN Steve Pugh

I have an Excel file with artists and summaries, but chose not to bog down this list and the formatting needed here in the forum. If anyone has interest I could transfer the spreadsheet to Google Docs. Let me know.

Comments

• luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    If this story is true, then I'm out.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/collecting-dc-comics-convergence-will-cost-you-365/

$4.99 a pop for the main series and $3.99 a pop for each of the two partners it's nuts. I'll get the two Swamp Thing issues, because I love me some Swampy, other then that I think this is the perfect jumping off point for me and I'll give Valiant my money. I'd like to read more, but at those prices I'm out. I might come back depending on what they put out after Convergence, but who knows.
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Speaking. For myself, who will likely get most if not all of them...

DCBS or digital price drop, baby!

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884

Speaking. For myself, who will likely get most if not all of them...

DCBS or digital price drop, baby!

Seconded. It will depend on the creative teams, but I will probably try the main title, and may end up getting some of the 2-issue minis.
  • kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    I'll probably pick up a few selected minis after a digital price drop or sale. And I'm sure I'll request that my local library order the collected edition when it comes out.
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'll check them out. I'm interested in a few but maybe I'll wait for trade. I just don't know.
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    i will wait for the trade and then make a decision.
  • Thor_ElThor_El Posts: 136
    My initial plan was to go all in to help show support for the Pre-52 characters/concepts, but the money grab with this is both evident and obscene. I was really hoping the two-parters would run $2.99 each.

I'll still be in if DCBS has a good bundle package for this, but otherwise I'm out. And that makes me really sad. :(
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I've long since stopped being a DC fan/apologist and transformed into a full-blown cynic in regards to nearly all things related to the distinguished competition. The last thing I bought was Jeff Lemire's Trillium series in floppies, and that was a Vertigo title. I'm decidedly "all out" on this and most DC items these days.

Perhaps in the aftermath of this I will reconsider.
  • How big are the comics? If they are $5 for 32 pages, no, but double sized? Yeah for the mini and then the other books on a creator-by-creator basis.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I'll buy some of them. A few of the issues will be covering heroes not in the nu52 or will feature stories before they were changed.
  • I created this thread a week or so ago. Amalgamate them?
  • I'll probably get these:
    JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA Dan Abnett
    DETECTIVE COMICS Len Wein
    ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN Marv Wolfman
    THE FLASH Dan Abnett
    SWAMP THING Len Wein
    JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA Fabian Nicieza
    QUESTION Greg Rucka
    I pretty sure I want the Nightwing/Oracle. Also, the New Teen Titans. I mean, all of them are kind of interesting to me in some way.
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Sorry, @luckymustard‌ I missed your thread. Thanks @David_D‌ for combining the two.

There are quite a few of these that I'd like to read Flash, Question, Justice League America, Speed Force and Aquaman. But i won't get them. Think I'll be better off without them rather then be half in. I wish was fully in, but DC have shot themselves in the foot here with those prices.
    Yeah. I am interested in just about all of this stuff in one way or another. I mean, it's Wally West in the Flash. That is my Flash. I'll have to check these out in trade form at some point.
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    I haven't got the slightest clue what "Convergence" is about. I am fairly out of touch with what DC has been doing in the last 18 or so months. I see a "Booster Gold" title on that list, so I'll get that regardless. If "Blue Beetle" = Ted Kord, then I'll get that too. I might even pick up the main book, if it looks good, but given DC's recent track record, I doubt it.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I'm in on these if the storylines sound interesting. Bolded the ones I'm in on even if the stories DON'T sound interesting. >:)

INFINITY INC. Jerry Ordway
    SHAZAM Jeff Parker
    JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL Ron Marz
    SUPERGIRL: MATRIX Keith Giffen
    SUICIDE SQUAD Frank Tieri
    GREEN ARROW Christy Marx
    WONDER WOMAN Larry Hama
    THE FLASH Dan Abnett
    SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES Stuart Moore
    BATGIRL Alisa Kwitney
    TITANS Fabian Nicieza
  • I'm all in on these titles....I came this far, might as well see the story all the way through got fandom sakes, if not my own.
    I will reconsider my stance following Convergence.
  • I'm excited for this :smiley:
    Maybe we'll get the original Earth 2 out of all this, grey templed Superman and all...
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    edited January 2015
    DC has released the cover and solicitations for the first four weekly issues of Convergence. More coverage at CBR, here is some excerpts:

CONVERGENCE #1
    Written by JEFF KING and SCOTT LOBDELL
    Art by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    Foldout cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL and MARK MORALES
    1:25 Variant cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    1:100 BATMAN sketch variant cover by GREG CAPULLO
    Blank variant cover
    On sale APRIL 8 • 40 pg, FC, 1 of 8, $4.99 US • RATED T
    This is it! The entire DC Universe, from the dawn of time through The New 52, must fight to survive against a threat that bends the Multiverse to its will. Your favorite characters from every era and every forgotten series are all here! But are you going to say hello again just to say goodbye forever? The stakes have never been higher as the heroes of Crisis, Zero Hour, Elseworlds, and more are brought together for Convergence!
    In the first issue of this weekly series, Brainiac has collected cities of doomed and forgotten worlds, who must battle each other—and the losers will be destroyed! But why is he forcing this conflict? Join the refugees from Earth-2 as they unlock the truth behind this world that exists outside time and space and is very much alive! Is Brainiac really in control—or is this planet named Telos an unparalleled force of evil?
    This extra-sized issue is packed with twists and turns and appearances you NEVER thought you’d see—including the heroes from the hit series INJUSTICE!

CONVERGENCE #2
    Written by JEFF KING
    Art by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    1:25 Variant cover by JAE LEE
    1:100 WONDER WOMAN sketch variant cover by DAVID FINCH
    On sale APRIL 15 • 32 pg, FC, 2 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
    As Telos, the Planet Incarnate, easily defeats the survivors of Earth-2, Thomas Wayne and Dick Grayson set off to find help in the pre-Flashpoint Gotham City. The emotional implication of these worlds colliding comes crashing down when Thomas Wayne confronts this world’s Batman, as father meets son!
    Plus, Alan Scott’s attempts to connect with The Green yield unexpected results, setting our team on a quest to escape the planet. And the cyborgs of Futures End engage in a battle to the death against the reimagined heroes of the Just Imagine Universe, while the city of Superman Red and Blue takes on the opposing forces from GENERATIONS!

CONVERGENCE #3
    Written by JEFF KING
    Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and JASON PAZ
    1:25 Variant cover by DAVE McKEAN
    1:100 AQUAMAN sketch variant cover by JIM LEE
    On sale APRIL 22 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Death comes calling as an injured Telos takes out his rage on the people of Kandor, while the Earth-2 team endures another brutal casualty. And major plans are set in motion as Green Lantern and the others follow Deimos into the lost city of Skartaris to find Rip Hunter and the missing Time Masters, who could be their only hope of escape from this apocalypse for Infinite Earths!

CONVERGENCE #4
    Written by JEFF KING
    Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and JASON PAZ
    1:25 Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    1:100 GREEN LANTERN sketch variant cover by JIM LEE
    On sale APRIL 29 • 32 pg, FC, 4 of 8, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Inside Skartaris, the heroes of Earth-2 must face the only man who can stop them from finding the missing Time Travelers—but why would Travis Morgan, aka The Warlord, want to kill them?
    Meanwhile, Telos takes the captive Dick Grayson to several of the battling cities to prove the futility of challenging him. And whatever you do, do not miss the final page, as the surprising return of an unexpected villain could crush all hope for salvation and seal the doom of everyone on the planet!
  • Totally looking forward to the Seven Soldiers of Victory. Re-reading the older issues, but I cannot wait to see them return.
  • Thor_ElThor_El Posts: 136
    With the new Previews out and the DCBS site updated to reflect the bundle for this event, I'm left with an unfortunate choice: Either I jump into Convergence full-bore (because I'm either all-in or nothing) and get ONLY Convergence-related books for the month of June, or I skip it altogether and get all the other things I want for that month.

Getting everything I'd like for June gives me a total of over $158, and that's entirely too much for a single month's spending.

*sigh*
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I picked the titles that looked interesting to me, and skipped the main Convergence book because I know it'll get traded at some point.

The only real decision is to get the regular books or the Chip Kidd variants...and thanks DCBS for keeping them both the same price.
  • It's probably still too early to know the answer to this but I have a question and even speculation would be welcome by anyone on the forum.

Is this shaping up to be the end of The New 52? The reason I ask is because while I'm not a fan of The New 52's treatment of most of the characters, I still have been following Justice League 3000, Justice League Dark and Sinestro. Since everything will now be interrupted for two months, I'm just wondering if I'll have any DC books to come back to in June because if there is yet another line-wide reboot, I simply don't have the money or ambition to attempt to yet again try out dozens of titles for a few months just to find new books to replace the old ones I was reading.

As far as my thoughts involving what I've seen of Convergence itself, I'm trying to practice restraint and only purchase the main mini, as I do with all events, but I felt like a kid in a candy shop when flipping through my newest Previews. Those two months are going to be very tempting months.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I think we're all wondering the same thing. I think that it's just a temporary thing, and once the DC office move is done, we'll get nearly the same universe as before, but I don't have any proof of that. Just what I've heard in the interwebs. Maybe some industry insiders here know a little more?

Via CBR here.

Also, no more New 52 branding.

And they say there will be a focus on story over continuity.

Very detailed info at the link above.
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Looks like the successful New52 titles will continue unaltered.

However, the mandate that all books must be part of the same universe appears to have been revoked.

To which I say good show!