Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Fables Coming to an End

With the end of Fables and Fairest almost here, I wanted to start a thread with thoughts about them coming to a close. Fables has been the most consistent thread through Vertigo that there has been over the past several years, and a whole "continuity" that has always been simple and fun to immerse myself in. With all of the spin-offs, miniseries, and cross overs, there is a lot there. I put together a complete reading order for Fables, and it kind of brought me back to just how much I love the entire series.

Any thoughts on the coming issue 150? I thought this would make a perfect Off the Rack episode. Has there been any news of any miniseries in the future? Anyone reading Fables: A Wolf Among Us right now?

https://vertigology.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/the-complete-fables-reading-order-and-all-spin-offs/

Comments

• Options
    I find it very strange that the latest trade solicitation goes up to issue #149. Is 150 going to be so big it gets its own book?
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Yes, Issue 150 will be 150 pages with everyone who has ever worked on Fables.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I doubt there will be future mini-series. I think if Bill does anything more with the series, it will be as standalone graphic novels of stories set in the past, along the lines of 1001 Nights. Maybe for an anniversary of the series.

I'll be sad to see it go. It was the perfect book for Bucky. On the bright side, it frees him up to finish what he started on Miracleman, lo those many years ago, but frankly I'd rather see him do more Fables. And Fables is definitely the core of Bill’s legacy in comics. I don't know if he'll ever be able to top it.
  • Options
    shanebshaneb Posts: 109

I find it very strange that the latest trade solicitation goes up to issue #149. Is 150 going to be so big it gets its own book?

Yeah, I think that is the idea. If you look at issues 50 and 100 they are both very large, multi-story books. I'm guessing that 150 will be like that as well, maybe even more so, and it may be stand out enough that they will carry it at regular bookstores.