Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Legion of Superheroes!

Looks like Warner is seriously considering it!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/03/warners-are-working-on-a-legion-of-superheroes-movie/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"Remember ages ago, when I said there was a Suicide Squad movie in the works. And I had a script? Well that was later made official, even if the script has been rewritten since then – they’re still keeping the codenames-as-callsigns-no-costumes aspect though…

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. Also coming through the pipeline and Warners, and pushed through after the success of Guardians Of The Galaxy, is a Legion Of Superheroes film, being pushed through with an Avengers-Meets-Guardians tag.

Based on the long running DC Comics book of the same name, the Legion Of Superheroes film will be set in the far future, with a massive cast of superheroic characters spread out across a galaxy. And the tone is intended to be lighter than other DC superhero movies.

It hasn’t been greenlit yet. But it is in serious development…"

Comments

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    I didn't click the link as I have a fundamental issue with supporting Dick Johnson and Bleeding Cool, so I can only go by the headline. Ultimately, this is something that leaves me fairly terrified and very cynical. I'm a huge Legion fan and I feel like this is nothing more than a response to the success of Guardians.

That said, they could do something cool with it.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Hopes high, expectations low.

But either way I'll be first in line to buy a ticket! :)
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Torchsong said:

Hopes high, expectations low.

But either way I'll be first in line to buy a ticket! :)

Yep.

Even if Snyder directs, I will not be able to say no to this.

Hell, even if Alan Smithee directs...
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    If done right, a Legion of Superheroes movie could be amazing. I love the characters and their ideals. You can tie them in with Superman without having Superman in it and there are some great themes you can do with a Legion movie. Also, who wouldn't want a great movie replica of a Legion ring?
  • Options
    The screenwriters should look at Serenity for a lesson in how to introduce a whole bunch of characters without wasting any time on non-plot-related backstory.

SAY NO TO ORIGINS!
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    WetRats said:

even if Alan Smithee directs...

You're a solid movie geek to the last @WetRats

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited February 2015
    Comic movies draw from a wider circle than just current comic book readers, but how many Legion fans are still out there? The last two books failed - Legion Lost miserably so. DC does not seem willing for now to give it another go. They have more faith in giving Aquaman two books than they have in the Legion.

Guardians proved it can be done but DC/Warner bros is not Marvel. But I hope for the best and will see it if it is ever made.

• Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    This would have the potential to give WB a futuristic/sci-fi/star trekish/ franchise.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind seeing a origin to the Legion as a group if nothing else. Not so much individual origins. The original X-Men did a good job of introducing a bunch of characters without going too much into their origins.

What characters would you want to see in a Legion movie? For me, you got to put in Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy. I'd also want to see Brainiac 5, Mon-El, Triplicate Girl and Sun Boy.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a origin to the Legion as a group if nothing else. Not so much individual origins. The original X-Men did a good job of introducing a bunch of characters without going too much into their origins.

What characters would you want to see in a Legion movie? For me, you got to put in Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy. I'd also want to see Brainiac 5, Mon-El, Triplicate Girl and Sun Boy.

Invisible Kid (skip straight to Jacques), Cham, Bouncing Boy, Ultra Boy, Light Lass, Dream Girl, Projectra, Karate Kid, Element Lad, Ferro Lad, Phantom Girl, Wildfire, Tellus, Star Boy, Laurel Gand, Shrinking Violet, Blok, White Witch, all of 'em.

It's the LEGION of Super-Heroes, not the PLATOON.
  • Options
    The more I think about this as a real thing, the more I kind of want to see this become reality.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I'm almost wondering if it wouldn't work better as a TV series? What with so many characters.

Who I'd like to see? Gotta go with the original trio - Cos, Imra and Lightning Lad. It would be fun to have Garth's sister be part of the story as Light Lass. I'm a slobbering Duo Damsel fan so I'd want her and Chuck Taine in the mix. Braniac 5 as well. Colossal Boy and Shrinking Violet would give the CGI crew some fun stuff to play with. Phantom Lady as well. I'm also a big Ultra Boy fan so bringing him in would be a good final touch.

Everyone else can be in the sequel. :)
  • Options
    (Test/Test: I tried posting a comment earlier and it said it required moderation/approval...)
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    edited February 2015
    Channing Tatum as Ultra Boy!

Jesse Eisenberg as Brainiac 5 (forget Lex Luthor)
  • Options
    Never mind the heroes -- who will the villains be?

Universo? (Nah -- he's best for one of the sequels, I think.)

The Fatal Five?

Starfinger?

Mordru?

The Time Trapper!!!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited February 2015
    The Weirdo Legionnaire!

..ok, ok, it's Proty II (spoilers).
  • Options
    perosnally i think keep it simple for moive 1 , Cosmic boy , saturn girl , brainiac 5 lightning lad, chameleon boy ... Earth boy villian

go the alien fear angle