Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Valiant - Divinity. Impressions thus far without spoilers (as best we can)?

I have been hooked on this series since the start. I find that each issues paces well, reveals a little more back story on the character, what happened on the mission, and just enough fuzziness that you cant be sure what his end goal is.

Without giving anything away, anyone else reading this story? Do you agree?

Comments

• Options
    Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368
    I've read the first two issues and enjoyed them quite a bit. Based on other Matt Kindt projects I've read, he seems like he's in his element with this mini.

The only minor gripe I have is the multiple guest appearances of other Valiant characters in issue #2 but it was still written well and makes perfect sense since the story takes place in a shared universe.

The visuals have been amazing. I'm always happy to see Kindt paired with a good artist who can bring his work to life.
  • Options
    @Evening639 Agree on Kindt and with the art.

Issue 3 expands on your gripe but it makes sense in the context of "Who you would send next?" To give credit, they were not the first ones to investigate. I think Valiant is trying to have a little Justice League vibe by using their characters as back-up to when plan A fails.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Loving it so far.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Really enjoying it. Issue 3 I thought ramped things up nicely, mixing action with back story well.
    Like @BlueBullitt01 says, I think the inclusion of Unity makes sense within the story.
    Another very strong book from Valiant.