Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New to Comics/Forum

Hey guys,
I am going to try my best not to rant, because I have 1000 questions. As the title says..I am a late bloomer and my bread and butter right now is Batman. When I finished Dark Victory I wanted to read more Robin (Dick Grayson) stories. Are there some good trades that I should read to get a better feel for the character. I would like to make the transition to Teen Titans and Nightwing but I might be getting over my head lol. Also, When is the Jason Todd Robin introduced and again are there some need to read trades to read (if you hadn't guessed I try to stick to trades unless it's not an option). I want to try my best to keep the different Robin stories separate. Anyway I am probably asking a lot on my first post so Ill stop while I am ahead. Any help would be great. Thanks!
-Seth

Best Answers

• Options
    Justin_TheBuckJustin_TheBuck Posts: 253
    Answer ✓
    Here are a few sites that you will find useful in finding out origins and back history and first appearances.
    comicvine.com/
    comicbookdb.com/

I can't really give you must reads for TT or Nightwing since I don't really read those titles but I did read Teen Titans:Games and that was really good.

Welcome and don't fear questions questions around here we're pretty helpful. I'm sure you will get a ton of replies to your TT must read question.

Answers

• Options
    FilthpigFilthpig Posts: 3
    Wow I really appreciate it guys, this is going to help a lot. Now I just need to hunt these books down! Thanks again for your time, this is awesome.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    For trades, you should check out either instocktrades.com or amazon.com. For back issues, check out mycomicshop.com or comiccollectorlive.com You can also get some good deals in the Nicks and dents section of TFAW.com. And to clarify the nicks and dents part. I ordered from them once, with some nicks and dent books and some other on sale stuff. Not remembering which was which I went through the order and couldn't even tell some of them were nick and dent books because the nicks and dents were so minor. Also fearlessreadersonline.com is very cheap, but they won't always have what you're looking for. What they do have though will be at a good price.
  • Options
    FilthpigFilthpig Posts: 3
    I wish there was a 'read my mind' button, because I was going to ask if In Stock Trades was a good site to use. Good to know. Ive been busy making lists and bookmarking pages. Your my new favorite superhero haha. Thanks again.
  • Options
    BinkerBinker Posts: 8
    Speaking of In-Stock: I just recently bought from them for thre first time on Thursday, it was shipped on Friday, and the date on when I should get my books changed from Thursday to Friday; well, how long does it take for a shipment from them to get where it needs to be?
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    In stock is pretty great in my experience. I dont remember having any issues with their shipping. Items arrived in standard fashion.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Binker said:

Speaking of In-Stock: I just recently bought from them for thre first time on Thursday, it was shipped on Friday, and the date on when I should get my books changed from Thursday to Friday; well, how long does it take for a shipment from them to get where it needs to be?

I live in Mississippi. And usually an order from Instock takes at the very most 5 days to get to me. Normally 3 or 4 days and I have my order.

• Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    If you like Robin make sure you check out some Tim Drake stories. He's my favorite robin, but I am a bigger TT fan than a Batman fan.
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    Oh yeah, welcome to the fun!